• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Rearrange city

HPTheDarkLord

Just a idea i would like to see a option to help re arrange your city. in other games i have seen the option to collect your whole city and put into a menu leaving city open so you can redesign you can pull them out and place them where you want. It gets too crazy trying to rearrange moving one building at a time let alone have the space to do it.

[MOD EDIT] Moved to General discussions as this suggestion will not be considered.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
Just a idea i would like to see a option to help re arrange your city. in other games i have seen the option to collect your whole city and put into a menu leaving city open so you can redesign you can pull them out and place them where you want. It gets too crazy trying to rearrange moving one building at a time let alone have the space to do it.
But then all the challenge would be gone lol. But, there is the elvenarchitect website where you can load your city and do and rearrange all buildings in there. Then when ready you can try the new plan in your own city. The best and easiest way to do that is wait until the end of a guest race chapter when you don't need those first race buildings anymore and delete them all before starting next chapter. You will have plenty of space that way to move bigger buildings even, plus if you want to save up a few teleport spells you can move even more stuff with an even bigger open space. Just a suggestion to attempt to help make it a little more doable for you.

Zoof

Something like this has been suggested many times in the past and has made it into the somewhat short list of suggestions that will never be entertained. Specifically, near the bottom of that post under "Storing Buildings". Having a hell of a time trying to rearrange buildings in a nearly-full city or having to move an awkwardly-shaped building is something the developers demand we suffer through, and the only concession we get on that part is the Teleport enchantment/spell, which allows you to shove most kinds of buildings into your inventory. This spell can only be obtained from the Spire of Eternity

---

The best you can otherwise do is follow @Yavimaya and to look up your city on ElvenStats, then use the ElvenArchitect city viewing feature to look at your city. Or build your city from scratch in its City Planner.

Then you'll get to experience Elvenar as it was meant to be played: Long periods of waiting and maintenance followed by intense Elf Game Tetris sessions.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Having a hell of a time trying to rearrange buildings in a nearly-full city or having to move an awkwardly-shaped building is something the developers demand we suffer through
I know and some people think this part is “fun”! I build my city for optimal laziness versus efficiency of tile usage. I want to move the least amount of things around per chapter!

Lady Dastardly

I know and some people think this part is “fun”! I build my city for optimal laziness versus efficiency of tile usage. I want to move the least amount of things around per chapter!
City tetris is my favorite part! It's not unusual for my city to get a complete redesign between chapters, and I sometimes even do a mid-chapter transitional layout. I even like helping to rearrange other player's cities!

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I have to second that city Tetris is my favorite part. I will probably never complain about not having the OP’s suggestion. For years we were told there would never be building storage. I remain grateful that now I can store event buildings I don‘t want to sell off along with premium buildings that don’t fit in my city at times.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I agree with @Lady Dastardly. I love re-arranging things. One of the things I do is to look at my fs's cities and re-arrange any I find less than efficient (if it's by a lot). I pass those suggestions on to the owner and let them know it's only one way to do it, and that they are under no obligation to do so. I don't even check once that's done. So far about 2/3 take my suggestions as they tell me they have done so, and 1/3 I don't know. Overall it helps, I think, teach layout principles and improves our fs efficiency.

And thank heaven there's ElvenArchitect!

AJ

Gkyr

Chef
Just a idea i would like to see a option to help re arrange your city. in other games i have seen the option to collect your whole city and put into a menu leaving city open so you can redesign you can pull th
Wait! Wait! Don't go! ;) These is such help, although it is not automatic.
Go the elvenstats.com and click on the 'me' button* in the upper right. There in the middle of your page that comes up is a link to view your city courtesy of elvenarchitect.com.

You can diddle with placements and expansions and deletions to your heart's content. You can even ask experienced gamers on this forum to weigh in on efficient design if help is what you most want. Try it.

*Disclaimer: RL (and Elvenar, too) consists in learning when not to push the 'me button'. :D