• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Rearranging my buildings?

Lady Cherokee

I'd really like to rearrange my buildings to make better use of the space. Is there anyway to clear the map, and then put the buildings back? Or even just to temporarily move them off the map, before putting them back? I know I have enough space for things, but I can't get them rearranged to fit them in!

BrinDarby

As you stated, No ....
Are there ways to do a re-org, Yes.

1st off is the Teleport spell, teleport a couple bldgs to inventory
then you should have the room you need, then replace back.

2nd, if you have alot of "footpaths", you can delete them all to
gain open ground to move stuff around, then just replace after.

3rd, wait till you are adding expansions, then do your re-org.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
The only way to remove buildings temporarily is by using teleport spells (one for each building). You can get teleport spells in the Spire. One of the main challenges of this game is space. The designers designed it that way.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I also suggest that you go to Elvenarchitect.com to be able to visualize how to take out one or two buildings with teleport spells, and then rearrange the rest to best advantage. That way you won't use too many precious teleports.

BrinDarby

also, ElvenArchitect.com is a great resource to plan
your re-org, ahead of time easily.... there you can do
exactly what you wanted to do here.

Edit: and best to go thru ElvenStats.com so you have
the most up to date city. There you can get a link to
ElvenArchitect that will auto load your city in.
( update your city 1st, tho )

Raccon

I'd leave one or two city expansions open so I can move buildings around and out of way and put them back after rearrangement. Also consider replacing older culture buildings with most recent ones as the ones from your current chapter provide more culture/pop than the ones from older ones so one new culture building can replace/free up space of two or more older buildings.
You can build gust race roads on top of your regular roads, they provide culture so you'd need less culture buildings in your city.

Lady Cherokee

Replacing culture buildings is something I look at regularly. I prefer to keep those that give me something in addition to the culture points. I hadn't thought about leaving expansions open.

Myne

Oh Wise One
I always do it between chapters while my guest race space is empty. Doing that in conjunction with elvenarchitect is much much easier.

iamthouth

Tetris Master
@Lady Cherokee I don't want to remove your joy of rearranging, so do have a play in ElvenArchitect. Below is one alternative layout at 8% roads with all existing buildings connected, and space to upgrade buildings. New roads 106, saving 82, but also saving 8 portal tracks, though I've made space to put those back in so you can expand the settlement building area. I was able to do this all within your existing expansions, by first removing the lvl 1 roads, lv 2 roads, and 25 lvl 3 roads, and then juggling the buildings, and finally remove the remaining excess roads.