• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Rebalancing of select (old) event buildings

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
You are missing the point
I don't think I'm missing "the" point at all. The only think I'm missing is that I'm not letting someone else decide which of several possible points are the ones that are important.

The point is this: I took advantage of the mechanic of chapter 6 candy cane trees being better than regular residences for dwarves through fairies. I got my benefit. I'm lucky I outgrew them before the changes but even if I didn't, I don't feel it to be a shortchange, because I did already benefit from it while it lasted
Got it. Your point is that "People who play hard and fast get to take maximum advantage of anything that gets nerfed later. People who play slow don't deserve to get the same, they should just accept that they are S.o.o.L and shouldn't complain because they don't matter."

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
First, I said what you wrote is perfectly clear. Most people are going to treat a thread that has both "beta" and "Spoilers" in it as being both Beta and spoilers. If they don't want to get into either of those things (not both, but either) then they can't be expected to think they should be looking in that thread for information that matters to them. thus, the information is not "available" to them.

Can you imagine what that thread is going to look like the next time something important comes up? It's going to have pages and pages and pages of stuff about every upcoming FA and Event and change to the game. If they actually treat it as indicated, it will be a hundred pages by fall, with 95% of it being irrelevant to most players. The fact that the Beta spoilers thread exists, does not make the information "available on these forums" as most people understand those words.

Yes. I have definitely gathered that most people do not follow the forum enough to have the luxury of it going to next unread. And, I completely agree that it is going to get ridiculously long. Frankly, I was annoyed when the conversation about the magic residence was closed and it was made clear again that Beta subjects are not supposed to be discussed anywhere else. With all of the outrage, I would have thought they would want it to be in an obvious conversation instead of tacked onto a bunch of other subjects. Again, we have another example of Elvenar being non communicative. I personally agree with the assertion that there should have been some kind of heads up coming through the in game announcements to at least give players a chance to prepare.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
And they never should have closed that thread. The appropriate response was to move it into the beta thread.

DeletedUser12171

I don't think I'm missing "the" point at all. The only think I'm missing is that I'm not letting someone else decide which of several possible points are the ones that are important.
Quite possibly then, you missed the point I was making in my posts.

As it stands, the "nerf" was just a rebalance, a readjustment of the "growth curve" if you like. One could, if they so desired, keep those buildings and upgrade them and they would eventually still be as effective relative to the chapter at the endgame. Or one could get rid of them now and win them again at a later stage when they deem it suitable. And they could continue to have however many event buildings in their city as they like.

Of course, one could also quit. There are so many things one could do in response to this change, and not be hamstrung, I couldn't list them all. It's all about choices, and it's just a game, lol. If a game frustrates you that much, perhaps quitting would indeed be the wise thing to do

Last edited by a moderator:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
The point is this. I took advantage of the mechanic of candy cane trees being better than regular residences for dwarves through fairies. I got my benefit. I'm lucky I outgrew them before the changes but even if I didn't, I don't feel it to be a shortchanged, because I did already benefit from it while it lasted
So then it becomes a matter of time, doesn't it?
Would you feel shortchanged if they nerfed them 1 month after you got them? 2 weeks? 1 day? The answer to that question really depends on how fast a player progresses through the game as well, and I guarantee that less than 100% of players progress at the exact speed you do.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Quite possibly then, you missed the point I was making in my posts.

As it stands, the "nerf" was just a rebalance, a readjustment of the "growth curve" if you like. One could, if they so desired, keep those buildings and upgrade them and they would eventually still be as effective relative to the chapter at the endgame. Or one could get rid of them now and win them again at a later stage when they deem it suitable.
Yes. As long as you don't suffer too badly from the fact that the buildings are substantially less useful than they were a week ago, you can just keep using them. Sort of like if your car company comes to your house a year after you bought it and puts a limiter on the engine that won't let you drive over 45 miles an hour because there are fewer lethal accidents at that speed. You definitely still have the choice to keep using it.
Of course, one could also quit. It's all about choices, and it's just a game, lol. If a game frustrates you that much, perhaps quitting would indeed be the wise thing to do
While true, it's a bit of a lazy answer.

DeletedUser12171

So then it becomes a matter of time, doesn't it?
Would you feel shortchanged if they nerfed them 1 month after you got them? 2 weeks? 1 day? The answer to that question really depends on how fast a player progresses through the game as well, and I guarantee that less than 100% of players progress at the exact speed you do.
I had the privilege of owning a FNC that became useless to me pretty much as soon as I won it. Luckily I didn't bet on replacing all my culture with it and promptly trashed it

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I had the privilege of owning a FNC that became useless to me pretty much as soon as I won it. Luckily I didn't bet on replacing all my culture with it and promptly trashed it
Are you making the point that if the developers ever treat anyone badly they might as well treat everyone badly?

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I highlighted a couple of words there that I find quite important. For that particular "rebalance" know someone who saved 100% of their event currency for them, so they got hit a little harder than you did.

DeletedUser5350

im sorry but this is complete [-] ive now just lost soo much population due to this stupid change i went from a nice 469ish population to -699.... now i cant do a thing till i get residence upgrade in next tree.... this is 1 way to kill the game guys well done you will lose more people now, congratz....
Same here I am so mad I sent them a huge email telling them off I lost population and culture there is nothing I can do this is BS

DeletedUser4145

I'm going to call complete [-] on this as well. I went from 1600 population to -2500???? There is no way I can recover ~3500 population. I don't care if the buildings I had are unfair to new comers, that isn't my problem, so why are you making it mine. Diamond replacements or something equivalent needs to be given or my population needs to be restored to what it was.

All people affected should be offered their money spent on the game back. If this isn't rectified, I could see this leading to a class action law suit.

DeletedUser9934

If people did not build their cities around having so many event buildings, they would not have been so affected by the changes

Yeah, that will teach players who invest into the events in order to get buildings! In the next rebalancing effort the 20 and 14 hour time savers will be worth 3 and 2 hours respectively!

Addendum: Even that would not be such an issue. The deep issue is that INNO forced players into negative population/culture territory and hence to back track. For those of us that only got somewhat less but still were positive: sure the rebalancing is annoying, but not critical for game play.

DeletedUser16712

Many of us (myself included) spent real money to get some of these buildings during events - so I think we should be compensated with some diamonds as well as the spells.

devil999

Same here I am so mad I sent them a huge email telling them off I lost population and culture there is nothing I can do this is BS
you think you got it rough, I have 5 cities, and went from a mere 56 pop, in one , to 3000 in largest, with the change, I now am from 2500 negative, to 8000 negative , with a combined total of 35000 pop lost. I would at least tell us before of the intentions, rather than a week after. I am now in serious doodoo, trying to re conform cities

devil999

you think you got it rough, I have 5 cities, and went from a mere 56 pop, in one , to 3000 in largest, with the change, I now am from 2500 negative, to 8000 negative , with a combined total of 35000 pop lost. I would at least expect them to tell us before of the intentions, rather than a week after. I am now in serious doodoo, trying to re conform cities

devil999

Yes. I have definitely gathered that most people do not follow the forum enough to have the luxury of it going to next unread. And, I completely agree that it is going to get ridiculously long. Frankly, I was annoyed when the conversation about the magic residence was closed and it was made clear again that Beta subjects are not supposed to be discussed anywhere else. With all of the outrage, I would have thought they would want it to be in an obvious conversation instead of tacked onto a bunch of other subjects. Again, we have another example of Elvenar being non communicative. I personally agree with the assertion that there should have been some kind of heads up coming through the in game announcements to at least give players a chance to prepare.

DeletedUser9934

Many of us (myself included) spent real money to get some of these buildings during events - so I think we should be compensated with some diamonds as well as the spells.

That would seem logical and fair, EXCEPT that you and I like everyone else agreed to the General Terms and Conditions ( https://legal.innogames.com/portal/en/agb ) when we started to play. Article 7.2 nearly states that InnoGames have the right to change whatever they find is the best for the majority of users, including what has been traded under the "Premium Services". This doesn't mean that Inno is insensitive to opinions, especially those that may hurt their bottom line. They just made such a concession. If you desire more, open a personal conversation with a person of the Elvenar Team is your best option.