• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Rebalancing of select (old) event buildings

DeletedUser3122

they gave everyone else a big boost they didn't earn or pay for to move them farther up the ranks as we drown.

What was the boost that moved anyone up the ranks, and who is "we?"

I sure didn't move up any ranks with the rebalancing. I got more population and didn't need to tear down any buildings. But tearing down buildings is recoverable.

DeletedUser3507

They were only given if you made it to the 3rd round of the last Fellowship Adventure.

DeletedUser

When the Mega Millions jackpots are rediculously inflated everyone buys lottery tickets. Some people will put in overtime to have extra funds to buy more lottery tickets. I hit the jackpot in the Winter Event after committing wakeless hours to get as many chances as I had. I did spend real money to help this event along for my piece of the Mega Millions. So later Inno decides the Mega Millions is bigger than the other lotteries so the send a nuclear warhead to destroy the mansions the winnners built. But that's ok because we still have 2 bedrooms but no walls. The Government did aid the devistation these warheads created by giving a huge tax break to the entire world of 5k$ each when I lost millions and the average winner lost in the hunderes of thousands.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
What was the boost that moved anyone up the ranks, and who is "we?"

I sure didn't move up any ranks with the rebalancing. I got more population and didn't need to tear down any buildings. But tearing down buildings is recoverable.
The Free magic residence gave you as many ranking points as it used culture, so a chapter 12 player with zero affected buildings got 1,350 free ranking points.

(edit, fixed my mis-type of Workshops instead of residence

Last edited:

DeletedUser17837

Diamond buildings were affected? Meaning, buildings that were only purchasable with diamonds? Or diamonds spent on events to get enough points to earn buildings? I haven't looked at the list.

no the subject was brought up to delete factories, AW's and merc camps to make up the population losses which i did have to do but but we should not because INNO screwed up

DeletedUser17837

I specifically said *replacing* event buildings, not regular build menu items.
I can't see a situation where you would have to rip out regular build items to offset a nerf to event buildings, if you didn't have event buildings out the wazoo in the city as a substantial means for providing culture / population.

Hmmm negative pop/culture ring a bell? guess not.

DeletedUser17837

Ahhhh -- right Ashrem!!

The culture bonus is a significant impact .. haven't seen a decent one since I started orcs and kind of forgot that angle.
And another 'hidden' cost of a culture nerf.....

and now you understand why i dumped the buildings instead of waiting for INNO...the losses weren't worth it... especially since INNO not known for keeping their time schedule or their word

DeletedUser3122

The Free magic workshop gave you as many ranking points as it used culture, so a chapter 12 player with zero affected buildings got 1,350 free ranking points.

Free magic workshops? You lost me there. I thought magic workshops were premium items? I bet it didn't even offset the nerfs they did to those that spent diamonds for other events.

no the subject was brought up to delete factories, AW's and merc camps to make up the population losses which i did have to do but but we should not because INNO screwed up

I don't see a problem with deleting factories or the merc camp (useless piece of ****, er extra land space, anyway). I've had to do it at various times in the game to make space for other things, build a smarter city, etc. Yes it's an inconvenience but it's not unrecoverable.

I don't understand deleting AWs though. Those won't recover population or culture (and may make the situation worse in many ways). But they would recover land. Surely the AWs would be a last resort measure.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Free magic workshops? You lost me there. I thought magic workshops were premium items? I bet it didn't even offset the nerfs they did to those that spent diamonds for other events

@Deawyne You really need to check your inventory! Everybody got a magic residence. Notice residence not workshop. Anybody who made it to level 3 in last FA also got free phoenix cult

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Free magic workshops? You lost me there. I thought magic workshops were premium items? I bet it didn't even offset the nerfs they did to those that spent diamonds for other events.
Maybe you missed a whole bunch of stuff. the development team's answer to the damage they did to some people was to give every city a free magic residence, whether or not they were actually using the affected buildings. If you haven't checked your summoning tab in the last 24 hours, you probably should.

DeletedUser3122

You really need to check your inventory! Everybody got a magic residence. Notice residence not workshop.

Big difference between residences and workshops...that's why I asked!

Maybe you missed a whole bunch of stuff. the development team's answer to the damage they did to some people was to give every city a free magic residence

I'm well aware of this, but you said workshop (not residence), which is why I asked! A 1350 ranking bonus for getting a magic residence is not really very much when someone has a score of 300K or so.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser17001

so stupid question, is the secondary building being sent on in phases because I got it in one world but not the other

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I'm well aware of this, but you said workshop (not residence), which is why I asked! A 1350 ranking bonus for getting a magic residence is not really very much when someone has a score of 300K or so.
My apologies for my incorrect typing. it might be of little value to you, but 1350 ranking points is about as much as I accumulate in a typical week, and is probably more than some others do. Everything is relative. If someone in mid chapters is frustrated by having their city crippled, and one of the FS members posts in chat that not only did they get a free residence when they didn't take a hit, but they also got an extra thousand ranking points, it can be a little disheartening. When People with plenty of time and in later chapters who have already moved past those buildings write off the concerns of slower moving, low-chapter players, it does little to help the situation, and if the responses are flippant, it can exacerbate negative reactions. Hundreds (probably thousands) of players got a free bump of over a thousand ranking points while some of us are struggling with getting our game back on track or giving up.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
so stupid question, is the secondary building being sent on in phases because I got it in one world but not the other

The Phoenix Cult with culture & pop is only going to Fellowships who made it to level 3 in the last Fellowship Adventure so you may not get it in every city. They are doing that because the FA gave some older prizes that instantly lost value.

DeletedUser17001

yea, thanks but we opened the third path....so just wondering if it was rolled out all at once

DeletedUser3122

1350 ranking points is about as much as I accumulate in a typical week, and is probably more than some others do. Everything is relative. If someone in mid chapters is frustrated by having their city crippled, and one of the FS members posts in chat that not only did they get a free residence when they didn't take a hit, but they also got an extra thousand ranking points, it can be a little disheartening. When People with plenty of time and in later chapters who have already moved past those buildings write off the concerns of slower moving, low-chapter players, it does little to help the situation, and if the responses are flippant, it can exacerbate negative reactions. Hundreds (probably thousands) of players got a free bump of over a thousand ranking points while some of us are struggling with getting our game back on track or giving up.

Totally understand feeling upset, I've said it many times in earlier posts. I was one of those players that wasn't affected, got doubled population and the 1350 ranking points for the magic residence to boot. Balancing the rebalancing was unbalanced. o_O I get it.

It is relative to me though. I've played for over 2 years and if I gain 1350 in one week out of 104 weeks, that's still a drop in the bucket to me or my city personally. Play style, speed, whether one spends diamonds or not, all affect how fast one gains rank. Not just a setback like this. No? I'm not trying to minimize it but rather put it in perspective so people can move on.

Also, I didn't think I was being flippant but offering perspective. At least, that was my intent. But to hear someone bellyache over taking down a couple factories when those are so easily rebuilt, I just don't get it. I've "suffered" many setbacks like that when rebuilding my city. It's part of the game. This is one that could've possibly been avoided, but I'm not sure how they could make it possible to upgrade event buildings in the future without a revamp.

kctanzen

and now you understand why i dumped the buildings instead of waiting for INNO...the losses weren't worth it... especially since INNO not known for keeping their time schedule or their word

My response to you initially was a confusion about how you lost ranking points from a nerf to event buildings, which give zero ranking points == since if you remove and replace event buildings with regular build menu items, you actually gain points.

Removing regular items to get back to a workable / manageable population and culture situation without taking steps to adjust reliance on event buildings is a different scenario, I think. Certainly related to the nerf changes though!

I'm not a planning wizard or min / max expert == seems to me that removing something that is no longer as good as it used to be, replacing it with a regular build item that gives back some of the losses and potentially more if upgrades can happen, and the newly built items actually do impact ranking scores, that is a better approach if the score is what you are more driving toward.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Totally understand feeling upset, I've said it many times in earlier posts. I was one of those players that wasn't affected, got doubled population and the 1350 ranking points for the magic residence to boot. Balancing the rebalancing was unbalanced. o_O I get it.

It is relative to me though. I've played for over 2 years and if I gain 1350 in one week out of 104 weeks, that's still a drop in the bucket to me or my city personally. Play style, speed, whether one spends diamonds or not, all affect how fast one gains rank. Not just a setback like this. No? I'm not trying to minimize it but rather put it in perspective so people can move on.

Also, I didn't think I was being flippant but offering perspective. At least, that was my intent. But to hear someone bellyache over taking down a couple factories when those are so easily rebuilt, I just don't get it. I've "suffered" many setbacks like that when rebuilding my city. It's part of the game. This is one that could've possibly been avoided, but I'm not sure how they could make it possible to upgrade event buildings in the future without a revamp.
The flippant remark was not aimed at you, or, indeed, anyone in particular. There have been several messages that effectively (whether or not intentionally) denigrated the feelings of people who are upset by implying they should suck it up and move on. Humans tend to assume that everyone else should be the same as we are, and it is unhelpful. Whether they should be that way, or not, there are people for whom each building they tear down is an emotional issue, tied in to how much effort they feel they put into getting it there, how much they like the building, and how much they feel the change was an unnecessary imposition by the developers.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
My response to you initially was a confusion about how you lost ranking points from a nerf to event buildings, which give zero ranking points == since if you remove and replace event buildings with regular build menu items, you actually gain points.
A lot of it is about play style. My wife's friend plays, and she only gets on once or twice a week, only has two builders, and she never has enough supplies to do all the things she wants to do, let alone tearing down buildings she likes in order to put up a bunch of new culture and residences because she's at -2700 pop.

DeletedUser17837

I don't see a problem with deleting factories or the merc camp (useless piece of ****, er extra land space, anyway). I've had to do it at various times in the game to make space for other things, build a smarter city, etc. Yes it's an inconvenience but it's not unrecoverable.

I don't understand deleting AWs though. Those won't recover population or culture (and may make the situation worse in many ways). But they would recover land. Surely the AWs would be a last resort measure.

AW wasn't my idea was someone else's though there is a few of them that are just wasted space i don't have any of them in my realm... i was just explaining someone else's remark made to me.... Amazing how things tend to get twisted up down the line isn't it?
i am really hoping that this forum is legit and not being used to bury this problem, Because with the buildings and factory's i dumped i forced upgrades on my remaining factories to make up for them and i gained almost 100 positions in the rankings so tell me how many people said i am out of here to make that happen.