• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Rebalancing of select (old) event buildings

DeletedUser17837

My response to you initially was a confusion about how you lost ranking points from a nerf to event buildings, which give zero ranking points == since if you remove and replace event buildings with regular build menu items, you actually gain points.

Removing regular items to get back to a workable / manageable population and culture situation without taking steps to adjust reliance on event buildings is a different scenario, I think. Certainly related to the nerf changes though!

I'm not a planning wizard or min / max expert == seems to me that removing something that is no longer as good as it used to be, replacing it with a regular build item that gives back some of the losses and potentially more if upgrades can happen, and the newly built items actually do impact ranking scores, that is a better approach if the score is what you are more driving toward.

and they would have been replaced this chapter without INNO intervention the items they nerfed were all items i recieved this year not so called 2016-2017 items... They could have prevented the situation completely by stopping the distrubtion of them at the end of 2017

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
i am really hoping that this forum is legit and not being used to bury this problem
I'm not quite sure what you mean by legit. This forum is primarily player-driven with volunteer moderators and community managers. Anything you see in the Headquarters sub forums are official game company announcements. Most of those have a link to a discussion thread (like this one) for player input. 99% of of the posts you see are made by players just like yourself. Developers do not interact on this forum. You will see an occasional response in those discussion threads from moderators explaining something further, but mostly those volunteers are here to clean up after the rest of us when we post things in the wrong place or temporarily lose our filters and post things against forum conduct rules. They can try to help replicate bugs reported in the proper format in the Bug Reports section and forward those results to the developers. There is an open Beta server and forum where I have heard there is more interactions/input from developers than the live forums for all the countries where they have a presence. I don't play Beta; I do read the forums over there (takes me about 15 minutes/week most weeks) just to get some advance notice on things coming to live.
They could have prevented the situation completely by stopping the distrubtion of them at the end of 2017
They certainly could have done that. Just eat the cost of the art they already paid for and pay for more art for new buildings, while at the same time introducing a mechanism for upgrading event buildings along with magic buildings that replace prior revenue from diamond sales. They could also increase the costs of diamonds to cover their losses or just convert to a monthly subscription model. They could have introduced the 'Legacy Buildings' concept or any number of other things that have been suggested by other players. It seems they chose to give everyone a magic residence equal to their current chapter values for each city instead and a Phoenix Cult (with same value structure) to offset their mistake in thinking the update to nerf the buildings offered in the last FA would occur before the FA and it did not.
For the most part, the persons who are posting here and answering questions are just other players trying to help. They're sharing things they have done or heard have been done to recover from the effects of this update on their cities. They have no ability to make changes to how the game works, so they look for workarounds and try to help each other out by posting ideas for discussion. I'm not sure if that fits your definition of 'legit', but it's all we've got.

Tauriel Dragonwood

DECREASED POPULATION & CULTURE
I actually had some time to make a list of all the buildings in my city and what their culture and population was before the disaster Inno wreaked on this game. I had 206 Available Population. Inno decreased my city’s Available Population by 1,779, gave me an increase of 70 pop. totaling 1,709.

1,709 from 206 Available Population I had, leaves me with a decreased Available Population of 1,503. Why does my Available Population show -2,209? Inno took away an additional 706 Available Population.

Taking away such a huge amount of population hurts the Elvenar players who have stuck with all the ups and downs of this game. I’ve been playing this game since it started in Beta, three years.

I feel betrayed and punished for playing Elvenar and will not be logging on as much as I used to. You’ve made me lose all the enthusiasm I had about this game. I definitely will not recommend Elvenar to my family nor friends anymore.

DeletedUser5800

Oh goodie a blue building! Ha, I'm not putting that thing in my city just so anyone that ever looks at my city again will throw me on the 'They just bought their city' list. Yuk at that. :p
I am currently building a standard res. and I will continue to do so and you can take that stupid thing back out of my inventory for all I care because it won't ever come out otherwise.

Related note: When you change the rules after the fact, like people that did the horrible waste of time FA get an extra reward now that we never mentioned, it makes me start eyeing the door even though I still wouldn't have done it. As you have proven time and time again you can't keep to your own terms and it seriously makes me question why I'm still here at all.

Tauriel Dragonwood

Now that I've calmed down after being very upset about losing so much available population, I sat down to work on fixing my city in Arendyll. Now I'm pleased to say I have 485 available population compared to -2,209 after the rebalancing fiasco. The free Magic Residence building helped to move in more wizards (thank you game designers). Still was in need of more citizens so I played in the snow and built an igloo. I think we were making too much noise because out of the ground emerged an Ice Giant Hag, and she brought along 1110 citizens. Yay!! I have a feeling those citizens are Orcs but that's okay. I need people! Think I’ll have a Rum and Coke before my dragon and I fly off to Winyandor. Hate to see what it looks like over there after the event building rebalancing.

Lord Draconian, you could build that blue building when the Orcs arrive. The look and color of that building does not bode well with them either. They will drastically change the look to their Orc standards, which is crude and scary. I miss the Fairy Guest Race already.

Last edited:

DeletedUser5800

Lord Draconian, you could build that blue building when the Orcs arrive.
The one I got is Elemental level and right when I have decided to add another res. Oh the temptation to just throw it in the line and reap the extra rank points... but I'm not doing it, besides that I just don't want a permanent blue building it would also indicate my acceptance of the fact that their lazy coders took the easy way out on the rebalancing and just changed the numbers rather than write a more well thought out upgrade code that didn't give the 'overpowered' buildings as much of a bump until they self balanced at the upgraders discretion. i.e. They would have became outdated or the player would have to decide whether they wanted to upgrade it 4 or 5 times to get it back on the rebalanced track with very little gain in the interim. I do not accept that, they should have coded an entire self adjusting rebalance rather than just do a hatchet job on the existing code because that was easier. So yeah, no blue building for me even though it put's me at a slight disadvantage to everyone that places it, something I further disagree with, a band-aid fix to a hatchet job rebalance shouldn't be near mandatory lest you incur further penalty than the hatchet job itself inflicted. But alas I would expect no difference, I'm fairly certain the coder team is just one of the dev's cousins or something. The dev's just set around dreaming up lackadaisical ideas without any actual thought to the long term or how anything will effect anything else and the coder does not have the skills to rectify their artistic minds with the reality of code relationships so is left with only trying to slow a constant downward spiral of patches that gets ever closer to game breaking bugs.

So there is that and it is what it is and I have came to terms with it BUT worse than that is adding prizes to events after the fact. I quit the previous game I played because they changed an event in the middle of the event, the only thing worse than that is changing it a week after it's over.

They seriously need to blackboard their plans and think them through, then discuss them with a decent coder team and rework their plans based on the realities of coding, then alpha test it and rework it a handful of times, then when they are convinced they have it put it into beta and spend a month actually paying attention to the feedback, then rework and rebeta test it a couple of more times THEN go to live with it... Instead of being like what I can only imagine is a couple of half baked idea people saying,"Duuude I came up with a new thing, call your cousin that kind of knows coding and let's spend a weekend throwing it into the game regardless of the repercussions." :rolleyes:

kctanzen

I'm in orcs .. max level residence for me now gives 900 potential workers.
Magic residence gives 1710 population in a footprint that will last the rest of this chapter + wood elves and still have about half again more population than even a wood elf max residence is a Good Thing .. this is assuming I don't use a renovation spell on it to advance it up when I change chapters, too.

The population hit I took was far less than I gained from this Magic House.
In my back of napkin figuring, it almost seems as if the aim wasn't primarily to reign in population, but to get more level appropriate culture sources in use, though I didn't check the before and after on that one, I am almost positive it was a more substantial percentage than my worker change.

DeletedUser5800

If I placed it I'd get back about a third of what I lost
Elvenar used cars at it's finest, sell you a Porsche and then decide to sneak in and replace it with a Beetle... but at least it comes with a free stereo that only plays music you don't like. :eek:
You know I've done my share of doom saying and Dev trolling but holy Nostradamus's bowl of water Batman, their ability to do it worse every time is starting to almost kind of surprise me just a little bit.
I wasn't really affected by this as I had pretty much sold off everything anyway but good grief how can I ever get excited about or trust anything will stay the same for more than ten minutes again... at this point I'm just waiting to log-in and find they decided standard buildings were overpowered and nerfed half the pop. of all the residences... but put a blue one in my inventory. The only bright side I can see is if this is their new thing they do when they are trying to compensate for their failures we will all end up with full premium cities because they will have to hand out a building at least once a month. :D

shimmerfly

Squawk! You almost make me feel guilty for placing it.
All this and more. The chirp chirp of excited birdies who got a fancy building even though they didn't lose anything in the changes is music to my ears. meanwhile, If I placed it I'd get back about a third of what I lost (The population, that is, not the culture).

Edited: and now I feel guilty of selling used cars in a previous life.
I still smell a rat.and am sure we will be doing this same 23 pages again in the future.

Last edited:

DeletedUser5800

Squawk! You almost make me feel guilty for placing it.
It's okay, if it weren't blue and my city had any other premium buildings (besides builder's hut and Magic Academy), my horse would be much shorter. ;)

I mean it's not like they junk punched a quarter of their player base and then gave everyone a free doughnut and you were just happy to get a doughnut... not like that at all. :p :D :eek:

Tauriel Dragonwood

I’ve finally realized that Elvenar is a work in progress. Knowing that means there will be more changes yet to come. I just hope it's not detrimental to our game progress. I love the architecture and animated graphics of some of these older buildings. Some must be three years old. That’s how long I've been in the realm of Elvenar.

The Father Tree is beautiful but it lost 1000 culture for the chapter I'm in. In my city, the Tower of the Winter King lost 1000 population. That's entirely too much. Many more trees lost a lot of culture. Even Wonky Walter now has less of an audience.

I can only assume the game designers don't want us to hold onto old event buildings but they're quite beautiful. I have a hard time calling in the Orc demolition squad to tear them down.

The free Magic Residence I agree was fair compensation, even though the Orcs drastically changed the look to their Orc standards: crude and scary as seen through an elf’s eyes. I am going to miss the architecture of the Fairy Guest Race when they leave. I will wait before having anything demolished in anticipation of the Restoration spell and the community-based building.

Those of us who haven’t given up on Elvenar yet will persevere. Giving us Elvenar players the deed to some free land would help ease the struggle some of us are now having getting our cities back to normal.

DeletedUser9287

I’ve finally realized that Elvenar is a work in progress. Knowing that means there will be more changes yet to come. I just hope it's not detrimental to our game progress. I love the architecture and animated graphics of some of these older buildings. Some must be three years old. That’s how long I've been in the realm of Elvenar.

The Father Tree is beautiful but it lost 1000 culture for the chapter I'm in. In my city, the Tower of the Winter King lost 1000 population. That's entirely too much. Many more trees lost a lot of culture. Even Wonky Walter now has less of an audience.

I can only assume the game designers don't want us to hold onto old event buildings but they're quite beautiful. I have a hard time calling in the Orc demolition squad to tear them down.

The free Magic Residence I agree was fair compensation, even though the Orcs drastically changed the look to their Orc standards: crude and scary as seen through an elf’s eyes. I am going to miss the architecture of the Fairy Guest Race when they leave. I will wait before having anything demolished in anticipation of the Restoration spell and the community-based building.

Those of us who haven’t given up on Elvenar yet will persevere. Giving us Elvenar players the deed to some free land would help ease the struggle some of us are now having getting our cities back to normal.

DeletedUser9287

I agree. The expansions are getting too expensive. I've begun to run into players who have no expansions left to get. They are having problems with the Elementals and their cities space wise. I'm getting close to the end of expansions in one of my cities. We need help.

DeletedUser3507

Maybe you can afford to spend money on Diamonds, but I can't and neither can may people who play this game. So, these buildings and the Spells to upgrade them are not worth what we lost. Such a ripoff.
Maybe for you yes. I have been buying Diamonds since I hit orcs. And lots of them...:D
I belive its worth supporting the game:cool:

DeletedUser17837

Maybe for you yes. I have been buying Diamonds since I hit orcs. And lots of them...:D
I belive its worth supporting the game:cool:

and i used to support the game a lot... 5 cities worth as well, until i deleted the 3 negative ones when they pulled this, as far as i am concerned my trust and faith in there honesty is gone since they tampered with what i paid for its going to take a long time if i ever spend money here again

Tauriel Dragonwood

It looks to me like the game designers just decreased pop. and culture willy nilly without thinking about the consequences of how it would affect us long-term players. Many of us are going to be stuck until we can increase our pop. again. Some members in my fellowship cannot even build the free Magic Residence for lack of space.

I don't get upset anymore when I hear someone say they spend diamonds. These types of players keep Elvenar a free online game. But the word "free" is relative because if you don't have the patience to wait until you have the resources to build something, you do have the option to purchase diamonds with your hard-earned money to speed up your progress in Elvenar.

I too, used to spend loads of money on this game but after the game designers took away so much of our population, I'm not spending another dime until I see they give us something spectacular to make up for this hardship on our cities.

No game I have ever played has done this to their fans. InnoGames needs to seriously think out and plan better when they decide to change the mechanics of the game.

Last edited: