• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Rebalancing of select (old) event buildings

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Based on the constant, long term mantra about players wanting to be able to upgrade event buildings, I would venture to guess the answer is Yes.
To be more accurate (at least re this forum), there are approximately 6 people who have advocated long and hard and repeatedly to be able to upgrade buildings, another dozen or so who have said that would be nice, and many hundreds of others who have never mentioned it.

That said, my issue is not in the changes (which I happen to think are good for the game in the long term), but rather in how the changes have been implemented and communicated, both of which are sub-par.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
To be more accurate (at least re this forum), there are approximately 6 people who have advocated long and hard and repeatedly to be able to upgrade buildings, another dozen or so who have said that would be nice, and many hundreds of others who have never mentioned it.

That said, my issue is not in the changes (which I happen to think are good for the game in the long term), but rather in how the changes have been implemented and communicated, both of which are sub-par.

That is fair :cool: I am considering the Forum, Facebook and especially during the Q&A sessions.

DeletedUser4257

im sorry but this is complete [-] ive now just lost soo much population due to this stupid change i went from a nice 469ish population to -699.... now i cant do a thing till i get residence upgrade in next tree.... this is 1 way to kill the game guys well done you will lose more people now, congratz....
I went to -2219 pop. and NO room to make residences or place culture/pop bldgs. Now what is the incentive to play...when you are basically screwed.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I went to -2219 pop. and NO room to make residences or place culture/pop bldgs. Now what is the incentive to play...when you are basically screwed.

This is just a suggestion from what I have done before when I had zero space. You can sell lower value culture/pop bldgs. Then replace them with higher value culture/pop buildings. When you sell the lower ones you will go even further negative but then the new building will add when they are done building. I really cannot think of any other free way to overcome this if you don't have space to do it.

DeletedUser6368

im sorry but this is complete [-] ive now just lost soo much population due to this stupid change i went from a nice 469ish population to -699.... now i cant do a thing till i get residence upgrade in next tree.... this is 1 way to kill the game guys well done you will lose more people now, congratz....
I am with you on this one.

DeletedUser3517

Dont' have buildings with higher population left.
Sounds like what they wanted was to cause a lot of people to quit the game. That's what it sounds like.

DeletedUser6368

I can see that they will lose ~50k or more players in the coming days. I am just going to wait to see if I can upgrade my tournament buildings, if they have to get bigger and the numbers are lousy for Pop/Cult I am going to delete my account(yes there is an option for that in your settings tab).

DeletedUser6575

Last month R2's game Wartune software engineer "pirates" made another game upgrade that would not just take away things many players had paid cash for but also redesigned the layout of the game to cause players to have to spend much more time on-line doing the same things that before the "upgrade could be done much faster. I have over 3k invested in that game, they finally pissed me off enough to quit the game. I finally realized the on-line games that are pay to win, regularly shaft the very people that support the game.

I went out and bought real flight sim 6 to learn how to fly RC planes. Just spent a bunch of money for 4 planes, and am having a great time learning to fly and building the planes. I decided to leave the on-line gaming world and get outside and have some fun, meet new people, learn new skills. To have fun where there are no software engineers being told they have to screw the customers again.

So i learned from R2 not to ever support with my hard earned cash any more of these games and that included this one. I went from +3000 culture at 170% to 160%, population from +500 to -1200. Made orc level for free. I'm not so pissed off at inno as some are because there is no cash loss. Just remember that it is the owners who decide to screw the gamers here, the software engineers only have to sell their souls for the job they work.

Maybe I'll meet a few of you in real life. I will soon be ready to to take my P51 Mustang, F4UCorsair, F6FHellcat and Sbach 342 out for the maiden flights. I'm so excited I can't wait.

DeletedUser12171

I foresee that the world will end in a nuclear holocaust if inno doesn't backtrack on this change

I also foresee that life will go on in spite of that

All is well!

DeletedUser3122

This is the type of thinking that has created some of the problems we have in society - always have to have the latest and greatest - so throw the old away and make way for the new.

This is a city building game and part of city planning should also include how MY city looks.

Philosophically, I agree with you. A throw-away society is not beneficial. But I didn't design the game. We've been asking for a way to upgrade event buildings for a couple years, because of that "latest and greatest" mindset. But it's what Inno chose. It's difficult to build a city without the resources of culture and population. Y'know?

It really should include how a city looks. I complained long ago that having rows of buildings was so distasteful to look at, but I do build my city that way to maximize space because they limit land so much, it's hard to really make it look like a unique and beautiful city. Plus they make buildings fill the whole plots rather than making land around the buildings. It's really ugly (to me) to have a huge, huge building, and rows of them on top of that. If one wants a fully functional city, looks don't take precedence. Unless one wants to move along extremely slow and doesn't mind that.

But all that really has nothing to do with this subject of rebalancing.

DeletedUser10705

I'm not sure that the planning was done with much forethought. Everyone puts time into this game. Some also buy diamonds and other items that have no intrinsic value except to InnoGames. InnoGames has used this ruse to further enrich themselves by changing the agreed-upon rules. When you have changed those rules you have stolen the diamonds used to pay for time reduction, a way station in FA, ice cubes in winter, population, etc... When you take those away you are stealing hard earned money (and time is money). I see numerous players taking the attitude that this game is becoming just another version of theft. And they are vocal about it. I have lost one player from my FS and more are on the way out. Pull the monocle out of your eye and your head out of your backside.

inno's rebalance has threw me off balance . But one thing for sure my wallet will be fatter lol , I really hope the dev's read this because a year ago a lot of player's said the same thing about the battle being messed with. Nothing was ever fixed and I seen a lot of people stay because they just stopped battle . But this time they went to far messing with what people had already had worked for and built and paid for . Its not our problem they messed up . For what I see happening to fix this problem nothing just like the battle downgrade . They published its there game so let it be there game If my account can not be controlled by me after spending all this money then I do not need to help them fund there game . The top 50 that spend the most can now fund my game as I personally can not help under these new conditions . ( who pays for downgrades in any aspect of life ) Going to start a piggy bank and throw the money into it that I would spend in this game and buy me a physical gift instead .

Shauna

I also went to minus 2K something. And I am in ORCS. Talk about never getting through that chapter for real. I am soooooo screwed.

Shauna

Spoiler list is missing from the initial announcement.

I think everyone getting a Restoration spell is a great idea. To clarify, does everyone get one Restoration spell? Or one per event building? And does the Restoration spell level an event building up by 1 chapter per spell or does it bump an event building up to a person's current chapter?

Also, I'm still missing the reason why these can't be released at the same time. Why not just hold back the rebalancing until the Restoration spell is ready to be unveiled? Surely all of this is being extensively tested on beta before being brought to the live servers? Doing this in separate updates will needlessly overwhelm your customer service and volunteers.
I agree with this wholeheartedly

DeletedUser17813

I know nothing of player requests for ability to upgrade buildings. I joined to play the game, not to hang out on a forum somewhere. I check the forum when an announcement is made within the game. There was no in-game announcement. There was no general heads-up given. There have been plenty of announcements in the past about fellowship adventures, updates to game, server down time - all very helpful information. There should have been an announcement. This change was poorly planned, poorly communicated and poorly executed. And yes, I feel robbed for exactly those reasons. I earned my rewards. They’ve been taken away without so much as a howdy-do or thank you very much m’am in in-game communications. In the real world, the orchestrator of this change implementation would be looking for a new job. And yes, in the real world, I get paid to do well executed software deployments. So no, I’m not interested in doing research and work during my personal time. I joined to play the game.

DeletedUser9934

This is just a suggestion from what I have done before when I had zero space. You can sell lower value culture/pop bldgs. Then replace them with higher value culture/pop buildings. When you sell the lower ones you will go even further negative but then the new building will add when they are done building. I really cannot think of any other free way to overcome this if you don't have space to do it.

To run out of space because of own actions is part of the game. To be forced to remove things because of action base of Inno, is another. This is the experience from one of my fellows (that by the way has not voiced their indignation on this Forum):

"Yeah, I'm at -1198 population and -4055 culture after deleting my extra FA workshops. I can't even finish upgrading my residences because of the culture deficit. If I delete most of my event buildings and spend most of my remaining diamonds I'll be able to get my culture above zero again so I can get back to upgrading my residences, but I expect it'll take more than that to get my population back up. And of course by spending all my remaining diamonds I'm sending the exact opposite signal that I'd like to send. ugh."

Any relevant suggestion / comment?

DeletedUser3949

I know nothing of player requests for ability to upgrade buildings. I joined to play the game, not to hang out on a forum somewhere. I check the forum when an announcement is made within the game. There was no in-game announcement. There was no general heads-up given. There have been plenty of announcements in the past about fellowship adventures, updates to game, server down time - all very helpful information. There should have been an announcement. This change was poorly planned, poorly communicated and poorly executed. And yes, I feel robbed for exactly those reasons. I earned my rewards. They’ve been taken away without so much as a howdy-do or thank you very much m’am in in-game communications. In the real world, the orchestrator of this change implementation would be looking for a new job. And yes, in the real world, I get paid to do well executed software deployments. So no, I’m not interested in doing research and work during my personal time. I joined to play the game.

I think this is main the problem. The population was changed without in game notice. There definitely have to be people who logged into the game today and saw their pop drop and never expected it. Support must have been inundated. This is what I hate about inno, their lack of communication borders on mistreatment.

I think this is main the problem. The population was changed without in game notice. There definitely have to be people who logged into the game today and saw their pop drop and never expected it. Support must have been inundated. This is what I hate about inno, their lack of communication borders on mistreatment.
Mistreatment , I signed in and just got sent to the 3rd world country to run a business with 3700 people shorter than I was yesterday .Inno cut my payroll to zilch all my population left me stranded with no notice at all .