• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Rebalancing of select (old) event buildings

DeletedUser51

Dear Humans and Elves,

Please use this thread to discuss the announcement on the upcoming rebalancing of select (old) event buildings posted here!

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
When you say there will be copies of the spell provided once when it is available, how will quantities of that distribution be handled? Will it be a flat number across the board, per chapter, per number of event buildings currently in play, or some other calculation?

Risen Malchiah

Spoiler list is missing from the initial announcement.

To compensate for any lost population and culture with this update, we will be offering this spell for free to everyone once, as soon as it's added to the game with a later update. This will still take a bit of time, and won't come in time for us to give it at the same time as we perform the necessary rebalancing. However, we couldn't wait longer with rebalancing the buildings in preparation for these big changes to come.
I think everyone getting a Restoration spell is a great idea. To clarify, does everyone get one Restoration spell? Or one per event building? And does the Restoration spell level an event building up by 1 chapter per spell or does it bump an event building up to a person's current chapter?

Also, I'm still missing the reason why these can't be released at the same time. Why not just hold back the rebalancing until the Restoration spell is ready to be unveiled? Surely all of this is being extensively tested on beta before being brought to the live servers? Doing this in separate updates will needlessly overwhelm your customer service and volunteers.

DeletedUser

wtf... this is sick, you cant change something that was already there... if you think its not good then next time think before you set new building. i went from quite some culture to minus culture because devs changed stats from event buldings... You just got yourself a lot of minus points.
This is bul......

kakorot9000

oh and giving me a spell to restore 1 building thats all well and good if that can replace the pop loss from all but ofc it wont.... and wheres this soo called list showing which buildings been screwed ive looked and havent found anything its not on the important thread or here so yeah a spoiler is where you pre warn us not after just saying. rant over

dikke ikke

As this was known from beta (always interesting to check the beta forum), my pop went up and my culture went down. Drama ? No. Annoying ? Yes. But there were other re balancing actions in the past that had more impact en i survived them too (battle system re balancing, tournament change from 8 to 4 battles with a complete other reward system ...). I don't even need to change any plans for my city

DeletedUser10415

no explanation in game, no announcement on the homepage, no change i can see to the beta-complaints, no details on how much we lose where. no remedy before the damage is done, and NO REASON TO START WITH.
old buildings were too good? lucky us! lucky former us that is. you could have easily kept them and balanced this by making the upgrades make up for it.
if there is anything i misunderstood, dear moderators, please explain, i want to stay in this game, but not while feeling mistreated

Piper870

I took a nasty hit as well on the US servers but not nearly as dramatic as my EN city. What bothers me the most is that my city (on EN server) is full, no room at all. Nice thing is that I still need to upgrade housing but I'm also in sorcerers and everything has to be rearranged. I just finished deleting housing to make room and just got back into the plus but now I have no culture to do anything. They dropped my population to -2200 and my culture to -800 (or thereabouts) I have no space to put more down. Sure I can delete but it would have to be workshops or factories otherwise I'll go further in the hole. My city was functioning perfectly before and I really don't want to delete buildings that is providing for me and my fellowship comfortably. So disappointed.....

kctanzen

From reading other posts on the forum and hearing folks on the Beta server talk about it, I realized was only a matter of time before this propagated to Live. That being the case, I worked frantically upgrading all the buildings I really wanted to advance and work in as many others as I could without selling things off. I'm still at a negative 209 population, though I have 2 residences undergoing upgrades and when they both finish, I should be on the positive side of the ledger -- not sure how far though!

And, miracle of miracles, I think I will still be at 125% or better on culture without adding any more fillers in blank spaces.
Until the residences finish, I won't make any more plans though.

Certainly not how I wanted to start Thursday morning -- even knowing it was coming down the pike.

DeletedUser9601

ITT: Call the whaaa-mbulance. This was announced weeks ago, giving people plenty of time to prepare.

DeletedUser3602

ITT: Call the whaaa-mbulance. This was announced weeks ago, giving people plenty of time to prepare.
It was announced on Beta weeks ago. The announcement on this forum is from yesterday...
I don't understand why they don't use the News feature in game for this sort of announcements.
By the way, you don't happen to know where that list of affected buildings was posted first?