• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Recent difficulties with FA Coin badge and coins for event quests

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I am not sure where it changed, maybe as recently as when it was made so easy to visit every single discovered neighbor, and maybe way before that, but I distinctly remember the first few years I played this game that the number of people who could help your Main Hall in between collecting the coins was 20, because one visit equaled 5% of your Main Hall capacity. However, with the last FA, I have been paying a lot closer attention to the actual number of coins gotten from a visit and it is now way less than 5%, and it is not the same in each city either. My chapter 7 Beta city has a Main Hall level of 17, for a capacity of 5.7 million coins. I just had a visitor help the Main Hall and it gave me 57k coins, or only 1%. My chapter 17 Beta city with a leve 37 Main Hall has a capacity of 54 million coins and a visit gives me 260k coins, or 0.4815% of capacity. And my chapter 19 Arendyll city has the hall maxed at level 43, which is a capacity of 160 million coins. Visits to it are only giving me 600k coins each, or 0.375% of capacity. This is why the increased coin amounts for badges and quests are taking so much longer to complete. If anyone with other levels of Main Hall can add their percents here, maybe we can get a better picture of how much we were silently screwed over by this change. Maybe it is even a bug and it can get fixed, but with the FA badge amounts being different percents of main hall capacity by level, and not the same set percent from level 1 to level 43, I expect this change was intentional too.

0.4815%

Last edited:

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I haven't used one of these cities in over a year, but I went in just to check on this:

Chapter 17 city: MH 38
coin capacity 65000K
neighborly help 129K

Chapter 12 city: MH 26
coin capacity 19600K
neighborly help 40K

Chapter 4 city MH 14
coin capacity 3600K
neighborly help 10,800

Someone else might do the percentage on this, and if not, I'll do it after I'm awake. :)

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
The Main Hall neighborly help amount is purely a function of the level of your Main Hall, and the values are listed here in the wiki.

You are apparently not bothering to read everything. I am also talking about how the amount of coins from being helped has dropped by a large amount from what it was a year or two ago. And what the Wiki may say now has no bearing on what it may have said last month or last year or seven years ago, when it was first launched, because Inno people go in and edit and add and remove information all the time.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
@helya or @Astram
Can you clarify whether there have been any changes to the Wiki for MH; specifically if there has been a change in the amount of coins generated for giving and/or receiving Neighborly Help.
Wiki: Neighborly Help
^^That has a table of NH benefits and still says:
"The Main Hall generates Coins that can be instantly collected. The amount depends on its level. Up to 20 help contributions (coins) can be stored. After that, you have to collect the coins, before you can receive more."
Wasn't that cap on stored coins from NH tied to a percentage of the 'collected coins' storage cap in the MH? I was under the same impression as @Enevhar Aldarion that it was, but don't really know where I got that from...

Lady Dastardly

You are apparently not bothering to read everything. I am also talking about how the amount of coins from being helped has dropped by a large amount from what it was a year or two ago. And what the Wiki may say now has no bearing on what it may have said last month or last year or seven years ago, when it was first launched, because Inno people go in and edit and add and remove information all the time.
Yes, I did bother to read everything. I was simply noting that the current values seem to be correctly noted in the wiki, so there isn't a need to crowd source the amounts for various main hall levels. I'm actually in agreement with you that I too was under the impression that the 20 neighbor cap and the amounts per donation received came from a fixed percentage of the Main Hall capacity. I prioritize culture help in my cities though, so I don't have any data to back up that impression, or to indicate if there has been a change.

Fayeanne

Based on the amounts given in the above examples and the amounts listed on the wiki, it looks like the amount you receive when someone helps you is now the same amount that you get when you give Neighborly Help to someone else? This would sort of make sense when you consider how many more neighbors are helping each other these days.

If so this would mean the in-game info tooltip that tells you the amounts is now wrong. I also wonder if helps to your Main Hall are still capped at 20 given the much reduced amount that you receive per help?

Lady Dastardly

Based on the amounts given in the above examples and the amounts listed on the wiki, it looks like the amount you receive when someone helps you is now the same amount that you get when you give Neighborly Help to someone else?
No, those amounts are different. It's not very clearly explained, but when you look at the wiki, there are 2 columns on the far right of the chart with the helping hands icon at the top:
The one labelled Reward is the amount of you receive when you give Neighborly help
The one labelled Effect is the amount you receive if someone has helped your Main Hall

The info you can see when you look at your Main Hall in-game is the amount listed as Reward in the wiki, i.e. it shows what you get for giving Neighborly Help. I looked but I couldn't find any place in-game where it shows the Effect amount, i.e. the amount you receive for someone helping your Main Hall. (I checked on PC, it may be different on mobile)

Fayeanne

The one labelled Reward is the amount of you receive when you give Neighborly help
The one labelled Effect is the amount you receive if someone has helped your Main Hall

Yes, exactly. Now compare the values on that wiki page with the values given by the people above for how much they received when someone has helped their Main Hall. Of the last two columns on the wiki chart, the values should match the second column. The values actually match the first column.

The exception is the very first post where the values do seem to mostly line up, except for small deviations. Example: a level 43 Main Hall is supposed to give 800,000 according to the wiki and only gave 600,000 according to the post.

Looking at my own Main Hall, I don't know how much I receive when someone helps the Main Hall, but I can say the values being reported by the game are different than the wiki. It's a level 29 Main Hall; the wiki says the two values should be 52,000 and 172,000 and the game reports the two values as 51,000 and 170,000 so they apparently have been tweaked slightly at some point.

I looked but I couldn't find any place in-game where it shows the Effect amount, i.e. the amount you receive for someone helping your Main Hall. (I checked on PC, it may be different on mobile)

Go to this page on the wiki and scroll down about halfway for a screen shot. In the browser version of the game there is a tooltip popup (when you point to the Neighborly Help info in the Main Hall tab) that shows the two bits of information.

iamthouth

Tetris Master
MH42 gives 700,000 when others help, which is 0.5% of 140,000,000 capacity. It gives me 210,000 when I help neighbours. Not sure about how many times the 700,000 can be given before collecting, but 140,000,000 divided by 700,000 is 200.
image_2022-08-06_212937278.png

Lady Dastardly

Now compare the values on that wiki page with the values given by the people above for how much they received when someone has helped their Main Hall. Of the last two columns on the wiki chart, the values should match the second column. The values actually match the first column.
I'm believe this discrepancy is a reporting problem where some players have reported the value of the help they give as opposed to what they receive for help to their Main Hall. (Easy mistake to make :) )
Go to this page on the wiki and scroll down about halfway for a screen shot. In the browser version of the game there is a tooltip popup (when you point to the Neighborly Help info in the Main Hall tab) that shows the two bits of information.
Thanks for this! My game must have been lagging/glitching because I wasn't getting that popup for some reason. A restart seems to have fixed it.

I do have a slight variation between the wiki and the in-game value in one of my 2 cities:
Main Hall lvl 31 gives 199,000 when Main Hall is helped instead of the 200,000 listed in the wiki
Main Hall lvl 33 matches at 230,000

The amount I actually receive upon collecting from the MH does match the in-game values listed for both.

Last edited: