• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Recharge Expiring Buildings

able99

I get that some buildings are meant to expire DA, Genies, 2X2 Boosters, etc. I usually have reserve for the 100 day buildings and extra 2X2 Boosters in inventory, but I don't always have a DA. Like many players, I sell the expiring building when its power is needed and replace them in the same spot. Its a pain.

I propose a new Recharge Enchantment. You should be able to produce them in the MA perhaps taking 25 hour to make. The icon could be a lightening bolt.
When cast from the MA or inventory, it would float the lightening bold over all the Expiring Buildings in your city and recharge the one you select.
This would be an alternative to selling an expired building and rebuilding it from inventory.
The Recharge Enchantment could be added as a reward where other enchantments of offered.

Last edited:

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I like this idea. You "purchase" a "battery" from the MA (expensive and fairly rare) and when you need that DA (or other expiring buildings?) but haven't got one in ages, you save and recharge the one you have. If such a recipe wasn't too common it wouldn't change the game too much but give people a small chance of having a DA when the RNG gods havn't been playing nice. Sort of like an insurance thing. Perhaps, and here I'm just thinking off the top of my head, you could only have one in inventory?

AJ

Iyapo1

If craftable in the MA this would eliminate the need for players to utilize the better military expiring buildings wisely. Basically providing an unlimited supply. Everyone would always be able to have multiple DAs or UUUs or whatever at all times.

able99

I always knew a Recharge Enchantment needed to be rare and hard to come by. I suggested 24 hour in MA to make one, and perhaps it should be 48 hour or as much as 4 days. While producing a Recharge Enchantment, you cannot be make CC or MM or any other enchantment. If the proper production time is set, it will become self limiting and things will even out, so I don't like the idea of limiting it to only 1 in inventory.

There should be no fear some will have too many DA's. Even if you have 2 placed in 1 week, it would be difficult to do it consistently. A better solution for extra health for your troops is to level up your Sanctuary/Monastery. Not as strong as 2nd DA but never expires once its there.
Also consider that not every city is Military, so it will not always be used for DA. Some may prefer a Genie or some other expiring building.

I think a Recharge Enchantment enhances the game experience for everyone, and fits perfectly in the flow of the game.

Iyapo1

Making something like this available for crafting in the MA presents abuse problems even with a 4 day crafting time. Right now I personally could use speed ups to craft 24 such recipes using only my 5 hour speedups.

This is pretty much the same as asking the devs to increase the drop rate so the buildings are not rare or just make them non expiring so a player only needs a few that they can keep forever.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
This is the kind of idea that Inno devs would develop in order to make them money, and that's perfectly understandable. Crafting batteries for regular ccs or goods in the MA, no matter how long it took, would not enhance their bottom line ... they are in this to make money ... and like Farinx said, everyone would be using them on Genies or maybe even old wishing wells to keep forever and ever (I still have 2 in inventory).

I could see this idea gaining traction if the "batteries" cost a minimum of 1000 diamonds, and in truth ... that's a very optimistic price point. Or, say, if you could craft the batteries for 4 or 5 blueprints each. (Gosh, I hope not 10, but I could see Inno doing that.) Or purchased with real cash.

I actually kind of like that idea. I would consider spending 1000 diamonds on a genie to recharge it. I certainly wouldn't do that for a DA or most other buildings, but maybe others would, if they had a particular tourney that they really wanted to win.

Anything that provides too big a bang for the buck is never going to happen, whether the crafting takes 4 or 5 days or whatever. They don't make money on the amount of time you wait or the inconvenience (well, they can, but that's only on the few who are willing to spend tons of diamonds to speed up things.) They would rather monetize the idea, naturally. So be careful what you wish for. You may just see this idea taken up and spit out next year as a special sale offering a battery for $29.99. I've seen things that were worth a HECK of a lot less selling at 50 bucks. Remember the "epic" packs of troops that are gone in 15 minutes of tourney play? And a Genie lasts 100 DAYS. Just think how much they would consider that worth.

Frankly, even though I love the idea if they would do it, I am always surprised when people propose to craft something that gives a huge advantage without also assuming that it will cost an arm and a leg. I'd be happy if it ONLY cost 1000 diamonds, frankly. But, that doesn't mean that I can't smile and dream. It would be a great addition. :)

able99

everyone would be using them on Genies or maybe even old wishing wells to keep forever and ever (I still have 2 in inventory).
Darielle, How long have you had the wishing wells? And it begs the question, Why not use them?
Wishing Wells, Genies Ferris Wheels and the like are all great, but they all have one problem in common. They have to be reset at the end of the cycle. Imagine the countless hours of wasted production time.
Also, needs change. We had one member who set up a Genie farm. Great idea for ease of collection and resetting, but discovered a different problem. He needed the space and it stiffed his growth waiting for the 100 days commitment to finish. He didnt want to waste any time he was entitled. Just because you have a certain building, doesn't always mean its a good idea to place it.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Just because you have a certain building, doesn't always mean its a good idea to place it.
Exactly. I never felt the need to place them, and never had a lot of space for them either. I always felt like there might be more need for the goods that they supply later. I don't know if that's true, but since I didn't need them, I didn't see a point in placing them. Someday I will, after I've got my city exactly the way I want it with space to spare (yeah, I'm dreaming, lol.)

As far as how long I've had them, I know that both of them are from chapter 5 and I started Elvenar in October 2019, so probably a couple months after joining I acquired them (possibly in the Christmas 2019 event; either that or spring of 2020).

able99

Recharges could be for set numbers of days, similar to hour instants. 5 days, 2 days, 1 day, 12 hours (or whatever). Very rarely 10 or 20 days.

Nerwa, Gold Star for you.
If instead of recharging the expireing building completely It could recharge it for an hour with each casting. The Recharge Enchantment wouldn't need to be that rare if it only give a short period of time.
Examples of use...
1. We all had instances where the enchantment on a manufacturing runs out a short time before production is complete, so we use a time instant to speed it up so its done while the enchantment is still active. Similarly, if a genie will expire just before it can give you the last reward, you cant use a time instance to speed it up, Solution cast an hour recharge on the genie, and get that last reward. You may need more than I recharge enchantment, but they aren;t that rare so use what you need, or dont use them at all. your choice, just like time instances.
2. No DA and you want to make a dash up the Spire, Solution, cast the Recharge on your old DA, you only need an hour with using time instance to break thru gate. You may want to use several Recharge and get the 3 2X2 buildings active. All up to you.

Nerwa, I love you suggestion.

Last edited:

iamthouth

Tetris Master
I'd support this recharge idea, and I think @Nerwa has the best suggestion with partial recharge. It could be done with time instants even, so you could apply it to extend that expiring building 2 hrs to claim that last prize, instead of it expiring 22 hrs into the 24hr cycle.

defiantoneks

hmm.... from a technical standpoint, not sure how they'd do this. course, i'm not a coder.
just that if the building has expired, how is the info stored about how far away the next reward would have been?
so how would it know how many "revival tokens" you'd need to collect it?

able99

just that if the building has expired, how is the info stored about how far away the next reward would have been?
so how would it know how many "revival tokens" you'd need to collect it?
Simple, If we are talking about an expired DA. the building is still in your city, it provides Culture, but if you clicked it, it says Power of building has expired. Proposal is if you cast recharge spell it will again have its power for an hour. Multible recharge spells gives multiple hours.
If we are talking about a Genie or any building including DA soon to expire, then the effect of the recharge enchantment on the building would be to extend the time it is active for an hour. Multiple enchantment extend time long. Sane as Time enchantments
You can only cast what you have in inventory, again same as time enchantments, but it works on expiring buildings

defiantoneks

If we are talking about a Genie or any building including DA soon to expire, then the effect of the recharge enchantment on the building would be to extend the time it is active for an hour. Multiple enchantment extend time long
right… so how does it know whether you needed one hour or 4?
if it's expired already… it would have to keep that info stored somehow. or you have to somehow remember for yourself, otherwise you spend a 1hr only to have it tell you that you need 7 more, which you don't have?
or are you saying it would have to be enchanted BEFORE it expires? if it expires, it's dead, the end?

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Lol I stil have Wishing Wells in inventory. In fact at one point they were so prevalent I even disenchanted a couple for spell fragments (this was prior to Spire ofc). I really should put out a few :)

The Fairy

Scroll-Keeper, Buddy Fan Club Member
I think lvl 30 timewarp + polar bear is strong enough already, those players don't need a bunch of free DAs.

I agree with @Killy- here. Once I get my Timewarp to level 30 I can auto fight the whole spire (using time boosters to open doors) and all 6 rounds of tourney in maybe an hour. So for me a one hour recharge would correspond to a half DA (only a half cause I can do two tourneys and 2 spires on one 5 day DA), whereas most others can only do one tourney round and all of spire with a 1 hour recharge. I don't think that is fair.

able99

I agree with @Killy-
I don't think that is fair.
Why wouldn't it be fair?

If you put in all the work to get Timewarp to lvl 30, you should expect some payback, otherwise don't bother leveling up.
If another player also had Polar Bear and worked to level up Time warp to 30 but did not get same benefits, that would be unfair.

Everything we do in the game is to make our city better and give us an edge. We all started with the same city and molded it any way we wanted, with as much or as little effort we choose. Nothing is unfair about it.

BrinDarby

A recharge token , would be like having a universal bldg....
Genie, TradingStation, FerrisWheel, GoddessofWishes, UUU, MMM, ELR, DwarvenArmorer...
did I miss any... so 1 token replaces any of these ???? I cannot support this, too powerfull.
( and then this is all ppl would go for, not those bldgs )