• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Recommendations for manufactories

ELVnoodles

What are peoples recommendations for Manufactory buildings?
Do you build 3 of the boosted and one each of the other two? Do build just 4 or 5 of just the boosted and then trade for other resources?
Thanks in advance for any advice.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Agreed. Boosted only build is so much better. Just make sure to post trades! When I started I was reluctant to post the little ones I needed and kept looking in trader hoping something would appear that I could use:rolleyes: Then someone made the comment somewhere: 'how in the world will anyone know what you need, what you have to trade for it, and in what quantities?"... So I started posting trades... Also back then, the 'rule of thumb' was 40 squares of each boosted factory if you used a mix of fighting and catering/negotiating. So, more of the boosted when they're small, selling off some as you upgrade to larger ones. I don't know if those numbers have changed, but I tend to doubt it. Still, it gives you an idea of what to shoot for.

ELVnoodles

Thanks for the advice!
I am on one world where there seems to be a lot of trading and people take 2 star and 3 star trades rather quickly. That seems to be a case where I need to follow your advice of just building boosted resources.
Unfortunately, on another world, the trader seems to always be empty and I have had a couple of 3 star offers up for a day now and nobody has touched them. In this case, I may do just the opposite. It looks like I need to be self sufficient, so I will have to keep 2 each of the unboosted resources and either do 2 or 1 of the boosted resources. The other options would be to just call that world a bust and stop playing it.

Daiman Rahl

Hey Elvnoodles, one question. Are you in a fellowship?
If so you might have to let them know you have posted some trades!!
If you are not in a fellowship I would advice you too get into one that needs your boosted goods. Check out Elven stats and you will be able to see fellowships and what they need for boosted goods.
First though look here in the forum and within the fellowships here and see ones that might suit you. Then check them out on Elvenstats. Narrow your selection down to a few then read there highlights and see if that is the type of Fellowship you are looking for. Then Mail the arch - mage and hopefully you'll get picked up.
That way you'll have more trading partners.

NightshadeCS

@ELVnoodles you may also want to check out the Traveling Merchant buildings available for crafting in the Magic Academy. I have not used them, myself, since they came about long after I needed such things, but others have expressed that they are a good way to produce non-boosted that is not as expensive as maintaining those non-boosted factories.

Also, I am surprised those 3 star trades of yours would sit that long. Are they cross tier? Sometimes those will sit for a while. Or were you perhaps offering what everyone else was for the current tourney? Of course, every world is different when it comes to trading.

Keep posting those trades! Just make sure that you always have some of every type sitting out there and they will be picked up. It is much easier to get your trades taken than to find trades that you can take.

A good fellowship should be able to take care of you, though. And they aren't that hard to find. This game is MUCH more difficult solo.

ELVnoodles

Unfortunately on the world in which I am struggling, I haven't found a Fellowship yet. I haven't heard of Elvenstats and will give that a shot. Thanks for the info!
@NightshadeCS , I have just started on the world. As such, I haven't unlocked access to the things you are mentioning, Thanks for offering the info, though. Yes, I can confirm that 3 star trades have now not been taken and tomorrow will be the 4th day they are up. :(

shimmerfly

Glad to see you in the forum @ELVnoodles!
Are you offering trades in the same tier?
For Ex:
Tier #1= Marble, Steel, Planks (So you would trade marble for steel andor planks etc.)
Tier #2= Crystal Scrolls, Silk
Tier #3= Elixer, Dust, Gems
If you are, and they're not being taken, then your in a lousy neighborhood as well.
A good FS will help.
Good Luck in the game

ELVnoodles

Thanks for the advice everyone!
The city is new. I haven't even reached tier 2 tech yet. I checked. I have one 3 star offer of planks for marble and one 3 star offer of planks for steel The trades have been up for over 4 days now and nobody has touched them. So, trading goods Elcysander is NOT an option. I MUST be self sufficient IF I intend to continue to play on the world.
Also, as per advice I went and used Elvenstats to find a fellowship. I was able to find one that had players in my same development level. According to Elvenstats, the fellowship had been active in the most recent tournament. My boosted goods seemed to fit their needs as well. It would appear the 90 minutes spent looking for a fellowship were for nothing. A day later, nobody from the fellowship has given me neighborly help. I know I can be seen by other players because two larger players near me have been visiting.
At this point, my best option seems to be to abandon the world. I don't think the world is a bad world, it is like just the area my city was placed in. This isn't a bad thing. I have a city in another world. In that world I am in a fellowship that fits my cities needs and the players are active and we post 2-3 star trades. So, I will just focus on that world. Everyone's advice will still apply to that world. I just don't need to find a fellowship.
Thanks again for all the useful advice!

NightshadeCS

@ELVnoodles I am confused, did you join that fellowship? Such as, do you now see a chat screen off to the right and can chat with those folks, and do you see the list of names when you click the Fellowship Shield icon in the top left of your screen?

Once in a fellowship, you should go and provide neighborly help to all of them. Open that fellowship list and click on the hands on each person. They will all visit you as well, if they are active.

Also, check your settings menu and make sure you have the selection "allow city movement." This will allow your entire city to be moved to a new location on the map where you can get better neighbors. It may take a while, but could significantly improve your situation.

Until then, by all means, start a new city in another world. Arendyll and Winyandor are the oldest and most populous, I think. Be aware that a new city can also start on the outskirts of any world you try.

I think it is imperative to have a good fellowship to trade with and exchange aid with.

Good luck!

DeletedUser24458

I know this post is a couple months old but for anyone else with this problem, don’t abandon your town. Elvenar will regularly clear inactive players and new ones will arrive. Also, I have been moved to more active areas on the map before.

fitress

Definitely build boosted only - I did the self-contained thing when I first started. It's too expensive, time-consuming and uses far too much real estate. It takes a while to get used to trading, but hang in there. I don't cross-trade and do 3-star whenever possible. When placing trades I try to break some down into smaller amounts because I remember what it was like being a "little guy" and not being able to take advantage of those 10 and 50K trades. If I see small trades hanging out too long, I will pick them up even if I don't need them.

I agree with @teagan75, about not necessarily abandoning the city. However, unless you look very good in blue (from holding your breath), don't count on Elvenar to "regularly" clear out the inactives. I have been playing since at least 2017, and have seen it only a couple of times. There is at least one city that hasn't shown movement in about 2 years.

Before finding out about the City Movement, I was moved from an active area to a desert. I got that built up a little, and was moved again - to a desert! Was fortunate enough to get that built up, (changed the flag to NO movement), and have a pretty stable group that visits and trades on a regular basis.

For whatever it's worth, I finally set up a Fellowship of One. This allows me to play in the tournaments if I choose, and keeps me off the mailing lists.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I agree with @teagan75, about not necessarily abandoning the city. However, unless you look very good in blue (from holding your breath), don't count on Elvenar to "regularly" clear out the inactives. I have been playing since at least 2017, and have seen it only a couple of times. There is at least one city that hasn't shown movement in about 2 years.

Before finding out about the City Movement, I was moved from an active area to a desert. I got that built up a little, and was moved again - to a desert! Was fortunate enough to get that built up, (changed the flag to NO movement), and have a pretty stable group that visits and trades on a regular basis.

My experience with clearing out the inactives is just the opposite. They seem to be doing it constantly in my area. If I go a week without seeing at least one coin farm I'm surprised. Usually there are 2-4 in my 300 or so discovered cities and often I see about 10. Once there were over 30! And it's steady. I get about 10 visits a day from my neighbors, probably because I visit them every day.

I'm wondering if that has anything to do with the lack of actives in an area. If the actives there don't visit then it can seem pretty dead and when it seems dead you may lose some enthusiasm for the game. Just a thought.

AJ