• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Reconstruction Mode

Does Elvenar Need a Reconstruction Mode?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.

LadyMiska

We really could use a 'Reconstruction Mode' in Elvenar, as in another game from Inno: 'Forge of Empires' - ( forgeofempires.com )

This Mode would allow players to place their buildings into a temporary 'storage space' in order to allow players to Rebuild/Reorganize their cities.

As far as I know, via experience with the feature in Forge, ALL buildings can go into this temporary storage space while in Reconstruction Mode. This would not be a 'permanent storage' area, as in our Inventories when we Teleport buildings into it, only a storage space for use while cities are reorganized/rebuilt; only while in Reconstruction Mode.

For further information on Reconstruction Mode, and to give an idea of the potential use for it here in Elvenar, please see:

michmarc

Yes, this would make rearranging the city easier, but it's been mentioned that city management and organization is considered the primary challenge of this game. This is different from FoE which (as I understand it, but having never played it) has the main focus be PvP battles.

This is also why buildings change size every few levels, why you can't rotate buildings, etc.

They did add teleport spells to help with strategic rearranging.

DeletedUser2870

No.
It has been an issue since day 1, but though I agree it would be easy, I don't agree it is needed. Now that they have introduced the 'teleport building' instant it is even less needed.
For me part of the charm is having to make choices about what to tear down and what to build.
If one really feels he has a problem with the space one can go the elvenarchitect.com and put a layout there at first, then build the city accordingly. Generally I find the easiest way in the lower chapters was to just tear down some cultural buildings to make space. They can be rebuild relatively easily and need to be changed from chapter to chapter anyway. And with the eventbuildings most players will be able to collect at least a few buildings that can be placed instantly and almost invariably outperform the regular buildings anyway.

defiantoneks

I really want to scream YES! For all that is sacred YES! But as mentioned by others, that would remove so much of the challenge of the game. As is, we have to do an expansion (or several together) to shuffle things. I could suggest tho, something similar to the Teleport - maybe some sort of swap spell that could br crafted. So if you wanted to move all of a certain type building together, and one of the same size needed moving, we could just swap em. Less expensive than a teleport hopefully since it wouldnt be storing anything. Just flipping pieces. ?

DeletedUser2870

It doesn't have to be exactly like FOE but something would be great. It's hard to get the teleport so if that's the way to do it, maybe allow for it to be crafted?
It's actually relatively easy to get. Up to the first gate is doable for everyone in chapter 3 and up. With chances being really high of getting one at that gate.
It does mean it is hard to stock up on a large number, so it would be an idea to add the 'teleport building' as a prize in events to have another way of getting them.
Adding them to the crafting process would make them too easy to get as far as I'm concerned.