• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Recruiting

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
First, the proposal is, or may be, a step in the right direction -- but only targets players with 2 or more years of experience. Not the vast majority, especially of those who might leave out of frustration/inexperience/boredom or whatever. Things a good fellowship help overcome.

Second, in thinking about it, since making recruiting easier is something Inno could do...through chat or by other means...but doesn't, apparently because of rules and/or views about things... it doesn't mean another party can't do it....after all, Elvenstats tells us the last score change and uses that as a way of telling if a player is active or not....so why can't that information be taken and an "active list" of "not in an fs" be created? A list that could be filtered by "earliest score change," "required score", "boosted in" and all that, would be terrific and very, very useful. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how much work it would be. The data is available so no problem there. In addition, the comparison of a persons score (by which we know if they are active or not) is easily done as well. And since it's a database list I suspect it wouldn't take as much effort as you might think. Maybe we could get Elvenstats to do it? Or somebody with the programming skills could work with him/her to import the needed data, as is done with EA?

Third, lacking those options, we could try to get people to go somewhere to look for fellowships/members. The forum is okay, but I suspect most people don't go here because it's too "general purpose." If you are looking for a fellowship and have been told there's a specific sight for finding one, you would be more likely to go there, I'd think. "ElvenarRecruiting.com" or something like that.

Fourth, lacking all of the above, here's a technique, so far not mentioned here. Find fellowships that are dieing -- usually between 5 and 15 players. Look at them in elvenstats. You might find 1-3 players still active. If they meet your needs, contact them. (I usually contact the AM first if he/she is active, but they usually aren't.). The ones who are left and active are, you know by example, not opposed to joining a fellowship, have experienced one, and are usually more willing to come join you. I've recruited about 1/3 of my players that way. The only caveat to this technique is that, sadly, since the move, it's harder to find free active players, period. I suspect that AM's often look around their own neighborhood to find free active players but now the competition for them is greater as we have been drawn closer together. To every solution there are unintended consequences. Sigh.

Finally, I suspect if we put our collective heads together we can fix this problem or at least make it less of a problem. We should continue to brain storm and do as the OP did, "think outside the box."

AJ

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
I think one of the hardest things to do in Elvenar is Recruiting Members to fill a void when someone leaves.
Sadly the Forum postings to Fellowship Seeking New Members, or Member Seeking New Fellowship may sound like a good place to start looking, but in practice the posts are useless. There are tons of FS seeking Members with virtually no replies, and post for Members seeking FS are usually very old, and have every fs jumping to respond to it.
I am one of the main recruiters in my fs, and have no good solution, or advice I can offer. I'd love to hear suggestions for others.
I do have an idea I doubt could ever be implemented, and I will share it soon.
Post on the Offical Elvenar Facebook page. It's a great spot for this.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Post on the Offical Elvenar Facebook page. It's a great spot for this.

@helya Could we get that Social Media Banshee Coordinator to direct FB traffic to the Game Worlds subforum so it’s better utilized by everyone? Most forum members are already in FS so it’s mostly fishing from a dry well for the archmages trying to recruit. We need to attract fresh eyes outside the forum of people looking for fellowships that may not know that resource is there.

able99

When I originally posted this idea, I was certain virtually everyone will agree with me that Recruiting in one of the hardest things to do in the game.
I was also certain that virtually everyone will think my proposal is a bad idea, and give me all sorts of reasons why.

I was actually hoping for is an honest discussion how to design a Recruiting Tool that is fair and helpful.

Some ideas on how people recruited successfully, were put forward, but mostly the comments were why the Auto Release was a bad idea.

The proposal is not perfect, maybe far from it, but is is not a trap to throw people out of their FS at the most inopportune time.
If you are worried your player won't come back after the wait period, well, he doesn't want to return and found something more to his/her liking.
If you want to stay in your FS, go back. If they won't take you back, they don't want you.

This was just a proposal to get the ball rolling on how INNO could build a better Recruiting Tool.

If you agree a better Recruiting System is needed, then "I am against this idea" is an acceptable comment, but should be followed with your idea.

My challenge to all of you is "Lay out your in game solution. How will it work?
Maybe that way we can come up with something viable that we can present to INNO.

Last edited:

Alram

Flippers just flip
I can tell you that some auto kick feature is a terrible idea without throwing a new recruitment spiel at you. Why do you keep pushing bad ideas that even you agree are bad?
We have to chime in when an idea is bad. If we don't, the originator thinks they have agreement and calls for a vote.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
My challenge to all of you is "Lay out your in game solution. How will it work?
No need to reinvent the wheel, several other games already have excellent matchmaking systems.
clash.png

Tehya1

It would help if two things were in place, ie, activity indicator within fs, and a mechanism for ridding the map of inactve players, both of which are common in other games. In other games that I play, there is member online status, which we already have, and a last log in tab. Those other games automatically kick players who haven't logged in, say 10 days to a month, from the system.