• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

City Red flag for expired buildings

SoggyShorts

Reading the title I thought this might make it ugly for players who decide to keep expired buildings for decoration, but if it's only during move mode, that's perfect!
I recently found an ancient carting library that must have died years ago, so this would help :)

Yogi Dave

I love the idea. I keep 5-day building around after expiring to cash in when I need cash and coin, but sometimes they become hidden or I have active ones also, so I have to be careful. I will be able to be carefree again!
Yes, that sounds like a great idea in move mode.
Yes, I love this idea, and the specific mechanic of only being in move mode is perfect!
The problem with just move mode is I want to sell the buildings, not move them. Not that I'm suggesting it only show when in sell mode. I'd rather be able to see them all the time. I often have a replacement for the specific building in storage just waiting for the one placed to expire. A red flag or headstone pops up and I know it's time to replace. The little carting library is dead! Long live (for 100 days) the carting library!

Yogi Dave

A possible issue with that is if players want to keep dead buildings for decor (or culture) they become ugly
True, so true. I kept a few dead trading post for culture. They were just an ugly pile of who knows what. Dead bees?. A flag would have made them look better. But it would hurt ones kept for beauty. I go into move mode often enough that I notice a flag. (I do think a tombstone would be cool, but any marker works.)