• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Reduce the base tournament encounter timer

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
@Ashrem Now I am not sure if you understand what %-reduction means or not. For 100% reduction you need a lvl 30 timewarp and a bear no matter if the tournament cd is 16 hours, 14 hours, 30 hours or 1 hour. So I do not get what you would have changed,
We can probably go back and forth on this for a very long time if you like, but I understand it perfectly well.

It's possible you don't understand when one variable of any equation changes, if the equation has the same result, then some other part of the equation must change. There is no other possibility.

For the reduction at level thirty to end up exactly the same while beginning with a different starting point, the time reduction per level has to be smaller. That means, the cost of each level would have gotten me less reduction. In the case of the Timewarp, that value could in part involve the initial decay, but since that lone can't be enough to yield the same result, it has to also involve the amount of reduction per level. Either that would be flat, or they would make some other change to the Timewarp to make it more appealing. They would be retroactively changing what I got for each KP and each sentient good and each mana I put into the Timewarp. I might have been OK with that, or might have decided not to bother. Either way, doing now means they are retroatively altering the agreement between us which when I agreed to level to 30 was I put 1140KP, 75,000 Seeds, and 740,000 mana and I get a 17 minute reduction in my Tournament cooldown. Not a 15 minute reduction. That would have been a different choice for me and we can all guess, but no one (not even I) can say for sure if I would have made the same choice for each of the 30 levels I put into the Timewarp. Hence, the suggestion is taking that choice away from me by changing it to a different choice without any option on my part.

Further, a 14 hour cooldown to start means I no longer have to get a 76% reduction, because the bear alone is already saving 24 minutes per round on a shortened cycle. So now I only need the Timewarp to be at level 25 in order to get my rounds to less than an hour so I can do everything when I get up on Saturday and the next round before I go to bed on Tuesday and save myself 3 more levels of investment in the Timewarp. Or, if I get my Timewarp to level 30, my rounds are already reduced to about 16 hours total, so I no longer need the polar bear at all to get two full tournaments our of my boost buildings and I save myself a pet food plus that 3X3 space for something else, and can shred my polar bear into fragments if I want to waste a teleport, or just destroy it, having needlessly spent far too much time acquiring the 9 artifacts for it, so it is yet another value nerf.

Killy-

@Ashrem Ah sure, you play the tournament in a way where you don't even need the 100% reduction. If that is the case, you wouldn't need the timewarp at 30 right now, lvl 27 or 28 would be good enoug if lvl 25 would be enough after the change. Weirdly enough, your timewarp is at lvl 30 and not at lvl 27 or 28, how can that be? Ah yes, it is just a made up fake argument, I almost forgot. ;)

So, you are against improvement for other players, because you would lose some peanuts aka a few tousand kps (let's forget it is fake anyways for a second)?

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Yes, I am. I stopped at 30 becuase going to 31+ doesn't gain me anything I care about. If stopping at 20 or 25 had got me to the same point, then I would have stopped there.
For the reduction at level thirty to end up exactly the same while beginning with a different starting point, the time reduction per level has to be smaller.
Ah now I see where you're misinterpreting it: You're thinking about the TW making a flat reduction, or a reduction of x minutes per level.
That's not how it works, it's a percent, so with a 14h base, stopping at level 29 TW with a polar bear would mean you'd still have a 2% wait (17m between rounds)
TWpercent.png

So, you made the choice to go from level 29 to level 30 in order to reduce your timer from 19m to zero
If you now claim you would have stopped at level 29 and held on to your 17m cooldown, I call [MOD EDIT]

Last edited:

elvenbee

My point is, that runes are worth 15 kps (yes you need to do the effort to trade them with someone for that full value). So, if you are interested in upgrading you wonders, you could wait for shards in the rune phase (those shards are going to waste otherwise anyways) instead of using your runes. How many runes do you need on average for the rune phase? Something around 30 (I am too lazy to do the math)? That's some kps if you are not at the point in the game yet, when kps doesn't matter anymore. The downside is, that you would have to wait longer in the rune phase, but if you have multiple wonders to built, it doesn't really matter.
Are we playing the same game? You only need 9 Rune (Shards) for a Rune Phase? That's less than 100KP per AW? It takes 10 Broken Shards to make 1 Rune Shard. If you're getting your Runes (Shards) from the Tournament, and you're only getting a few of each, it'd be smarter to save up those Rune Shards, than wait for 90 Broken Shards.

I still stand by what I said. I've been saving Rune Shards from the tournaments for each Rune Phase. I've been upgrading AWs faster this way.
1683644152871.png

Killy-

Are we playing the same game? You only need 9 Rune (Shards) for a Rune Phase? That's less than 100KP per AW? It takes 10 Broken Shards to make 1 Rune Shard. If you're getting your Runes (Shards) from the Tournament, and you're only getting a few of each, it'd be smarter to save up those Rune Shards, than wait for 90 Broken Shards.

I still stand by what I said. I've been saving Rune Shards from the tournaments for each Rune Phase. I've been upgrading AWs faster this way.
Not sure, are we playing the same game? I haven't build a wonder in quite some time, but if they haven't changed anything with the rune phase, than 9 runes would be the absolute minimum if you are lucky and that's already 135kps, if you would wait for the shards. But if it is still the same with the rune phase (depending on luck how many you need) and let's say it would be only 20 runes on average, than that is already 300 kps. Faster doesn't matter if you have multiple Aws you want to level up.

Last edited:

Sprite1313

View attachment 15631
I think both options are viable. I use runes for a combination of KPs and rune phases. I use my Enar's to break runes to create broken shards when I need them (since nobody in my FS has built it). Some of it depends on how quickly I think I am going to want/need to flip a rune phase. If I can take the time once I get to a rune phase, I use the runes in our wonder society to level other players' wonders. At 15KP per rune, that is at least 135KP on another player's wonder. Of course, I go deep in tournament and get almost 50 broken shards every tournament, so I am not waiting long to get enough broken shards for a rune phase. That is part of my decision-making.

I think I have built Enar's 15-20 times; I haven't really counted, but I built it three times a couple of weeks ago to rush a rune phase. :p

Just goes to show that there are lots of ways to play the game, and not all of them work for every player.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Ah now I see where you're misinterpreting it: You're thinking about the TW making a flat reduction, or a reduction of x minutes per level.
That's not how it works, it's a percent, so with a 14h base, stopping at level 29 TW with a polar bear would mean you'd still have a 2% wait (17m between rounds)
View attachment 15628

So, you made the choice to go from level 29 to level 30 in order to reduce your timer from 19m to zero
If you now claim you would have stopped at level 29 and held on to your 17m cooldown, I call [MOD EDIT]
I can't believe that of all people you wouldn't recognize that I turned the 2% in to flat minutes to illustrate the difference between 2% of 16 hours and 2% of 14 hours. Good grief.

No, actually, I did not. I happen to be in a Fellowship with which has a 75KP/5-rune trading thread where it's is gifter's-choice, and my FS member filled level 28 and level 29 without any desire on my part and I felt bad not doing the upgrade once they'd put the KP in. I was finally able to stop it at level 30 by not filling the rune wheel so there is no longer any way for people to donate KP to it.

Last edited:

elvenbee

Not sure, are we playing the same game? I haven't build a wonder in quite some time, but if they haven't changed anything with the rune phase, than 9 runes would be the absolute minimum if you are lucky and that's already 135kps, if you would wait for the shards. But if it is still the same with the rune phase (depending on luck how many you need) and let's say it would be only 20 runes on average, than that is already 300 kps. Faster doesn't matter if you have multiple Aws you want to level up.
I included a screenshot for you in my last comment, the Rune Phase only requires 9 Rune Shards. So it's not "the absolute minimum if you are lucky"? Luck has absolutely nothing to do with the # of Rune Shards you need?

Sprite1313

I included a screenshot for you in my last comment, the Rune Phase only requires 9 Rune Shards. So it's not "the absolute minimum if you are lucky"? Luck has absolutely nothing to do with the # of Rune Shards you need?
Oh, but it does. Many of the runes won’t insert, and end up “breaking”. Once you have ten broken rune shards, you can forge a rune. From my experience, it takes an average of 20 runes to get all nine filled. With horrible luck, it has taken as many as 42. Now THAT is frustrating.

Tourney isn’t the only source of broken shards. You must be the luckiest player ever if all of your runes go smoothly in, with none breaking.

elvenbee

Oh, but it does. Many of the runes won’t insert, and end up “breaking”. Once you have ten broken rune shards, you can forge a rune. From my experience, it takes an average of 20 runes to get all nine filled. With horrible luck, it has taken as many as 42. Now THAT is frustrating.

Tourney isn’t the only source of broken shards. You must be the luckiest player ever if all of your runes go smoothly in, with none breaking.
THANK YOU for explaining that! I haven't had it happen that often, it happens so little that I forgot they even did that... I guess I have really good luck with this game then? maybe I need to keep that quiet to so they leave me alone though lol..

Killy-

@Ashrem You make the effort to post here, to not "waste" your kps but you weren't able to tell your teammates, that you don't want to waste those kps in your timewarp. Worst fantasy story I read in a long time.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
@Ashrem You make the effort to post here, to not "waste" your kps but you weren't able to tell your teammates, that you don't want to waste those kps in your timewarp. Worst fantasy story I read in a long time.
First, I did say it in chat a couple of times, but it's not a big enough deal for me to put any effort into it.

Second, some people should lighten up and remember it's a game. Unlike many people, I don't freak out and throw a tantrum when people polish the wrong culture or put KP where I don't want it. If they want runes for a timewarp, I'm not going to get mad at them for putting KP in my timewarp isntead of something I'd prefer.