• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Reduce the base tournament encounter timer

Killy-

Yes it is. I haven't had this Ferrari for years. I've only had it for a few months. And if Ferrari suddenly cut the price of having that level of performance, I'd be annoyed with them too.
But you still have your Ferrari, the mopeds don't change that fact.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
But you still have your Ferrari, the mopeds don't change that fact.
For at least the third time, I have no care for how many mopeds they add to the game. I'm all in favour of adding more mopeds and even other medium-high performance vehicles which are cheaper than mine, or equaivalent vhicles which carry a similar cost. I bought my Ferrari to drive on the Ferrari race track, and the OP has rejected the idea of more vehicle choices, while instead asking Ferrari to make the race track shorter so I can no longer get it up to full speed.

Killy-

@Ashrem Well, do you agree, that the big advantage of the timewarp is having double the amount of boosters or not? And if not, then why and if you agree, then how do you lose anything?

I argue the timewarp is the strongest wonder for tournaments and you can't invest your kps into anything better. Number are surely different for everyone, but I get 50% extra hp for troops, 100% extra dmg for mages or LR (whatever I gonna use in the tournament) and I save like 30%-40% of troops, because I can use my twilight birds. I guess life gonna be hard for me, if the tournament cooldown get reduced to "only" 14 hours. :p

Last edited:

Genefer

Yes, but though Events tend to be pretty standard - there are some differences among them, which means each event & adventure has to be reintroduced to the game, increasing the possibility of errors that need to be addressed immediately.

This is not true for the Spire or the Tournament - they are played all week, all hours, every week for years, and using the appropriate time zones on corresponding servers - might require oversite for a week to be sure there are no errors in the programming, but after that .......

defiantoneks

for the record, i would not vote for a reduction in the base time. as many have mentioned and has been argued back and forth, there are methods available in game for people to reduce the timer themselves. the issue seems to be, people want the result without the effort. getting the time reduction is something earned by playing the game as intended. you see a problem, and either live with getting 5 rounds OR you find a method to get the 6th. That being either timewarp, bear, time boosters, or sacrificing a bit of sleep. The time established was done with the intent of that game development from players, not to have someone come along and say "this is hard" and then expect it to get changed.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Even with 14-hours the time of the day will be all over the place - work & sleep will still be disrupted.
With an assumed 8h of sleep, there are 16 other hours.
A 16h cooldown eats into sleep time because doing the tournament isn't instantaneous.
Also, furiously rushing to get a tournament round done right before trying to fall asleep is hardly ideal.

A 14h cooldown allows for people to do one in the morning and one at night with reasonable wiggle room.
. I bought my Ferrari to drive on the Ferrari race track, and the OP has rejected the idea of more vehicle choices, while instead asking Ferrari to make the race track shorter so I can no longer get it up to full speed.
Hmm
Your Ferrari is awesome because of its ability to do a whole lap in 0.0 seconds.
If a lap becomes 10% shorter, you will still do a lap in 0.0 seconds.
We may be getting lost in the analogy here.

I mean, think about this: If you didn't see this thread, and the developers implemented the change without any announcement, you'd never even know it happened. Your city would experience exactly zero changes whatsoever, and your gameplay wouldn't be affected at all.

There are two kinds of people:
those who think,
"I don't want anyone to suffer like I did," and
those who think,
"I suffered, why shouldn't they?"

Frankly, I'm surprised to find you in the latter group.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
There are two kinds of people:
those who think,
"I don't want anyone to suffer like I did," and
those who think,
"I suffered, why shouldn't they?"

Frankly, I'm surprised to find you in the latter group.
Frankly, I'm surprised you'd try that manipulation on me. I never once suggested anyone should suffer, and I never found it to be in issue of sufferance. And like you, I did plenty of tournaments with 8 encounters per province and am not in the least offended that no one will ever have to do that again.

I also never once in six-plus years of playing felt like the world would end if I didn't do six rounds. I was much more likely to do a dozen provinces five deep and 40 or fifty provinces two deep.

Leveling a Timewarp to 30 was a goal which allowed me to participate in content in a different way. If I didn't have to do it, I wouldn't have done it. We both know that every decision of where to put effort is (and should be) a tradeoff, and this I almost never support retroactively taking away the value of a past choice.

The whole premise that the game designers owe it to everyone to be able to do all content they want whenever and however they want is one you too have argued against repeatedly, so I am surprised to find the sharp end of your metaphoric pen stuck where it seems to be.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
@Ashrem Well, do you agree, that the big advantage of the timewarp is having double the amount of boosters or not? And if not, then why and if you agree, then how do you lose anything?

I argue the timewarp is the strongest wonder for tournaments and you can't invest your kps into anything better. Number are surely different for everyone, but I get 50% extra hp for troops, 100% extra dmg for mages or LR (whatever I gonna use in the tournament) and I save like 30%-40% of troops, because I can use my twilight birds. I guess life gonna be hard for me, if the tournament cooldown get reduced to "only" 14 hours. :p
Because under the conditions you offer, one of a small number of things has to be true:

• The timewarp would reach full reduction at a lower level, and wouldn't need to be elevated to level 30 to get the same effect
  • The timewarp would have a smaller reduction per level, making it more expensive in terms of KP and resources inveted to get it to the same effect
  • The timewarp would have a smaller reduction per level and have to have other features added to bring it to the same apparent value per invested resource.

Any of those means that I might have made different choices in the past, which I have no way to undo.

BrinDarby

Any of those means that I might have made different choices in the past, which I have no way to undo.
kinda like thinking I didn't need AshenPhoenix and converted
those artifacts to reg Phoenix ones, then after the fact currency
was nerf'd just enough so that AshenPhoenix became neccessary
just to be @ net 0 , for gain/loss of currency.....

I never got the chance to go back and undo that, so how exactly
is that different, from you claiming the same thing in this case ??

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
The whole premise that the game designers owe it to everyone to be able to do all content they want whenever and however they want is one you too have argued against repeatedly,
I don't think all players at all levels should be able to do all content to the same degree.
Access without losing sleep? Yes.
Ability to "complete" all things with the same ease? No.
Those are not contradictory positions.

I've introduced this game to RL and online friends many of whom said "it's too much" with regards to the tournament. Some are pretty hardcore gamers, but most draw the line at setting an alarm.
I almost never support retroactively taking away the value of a past choice.
But this doesn't do that. As I said, you wouldn't notice any change to your gameplay in any way. Nor would it have changed the decision you made in the past.

The Timewarp would get a little weaker with each level on a flat basis (17 minutes per level instead of 19)
BUT
You'd still need a level 30 Timewarp to reach 80% reduction to pair with your polar bear for a zero cooldown.

Are you honestly claiming that if this change had been implemented when the Timewarp was first introduced, you wouldn't have built it? Or you would have stopped levelling it at level 29, or sooner?

Last edited:

Killy-

Because under the conditions you offer, one of a small number of things has to be true:

• The timewarp would reach full reduction at a lower level, and wouldn't need to be elevated to level 30 to get the same effect
  • The timewarp would have a smaller reduction per level, making it more expensive in terms of KP and resources inveted to get it to the same effect
  • The timewarp would have a smaller reduction per level and have to have other features added to bring it to the same apparent value per invested resource.

Well, the full reduction is still reached at lvl 30 and the % reduction per level is still the same, does that mean none of your points are met and we can move on?

If you say you wouldn't build the storngest wonder under new conditions, then I see two options:

1. You are silly.
2. You are arguing in bad spirit, making fake arguments for whatever reason.

Although you haven't answered my question, so I tend to number 2.

elvenbee

Since runes became worth 15 kps, upgrading wonders shouldn't be that difficult anymore, but maybe I should just complain about that fact, because I had to work for my kps, when I was still building wonders. :p
Not everyone uses the runes to upgrade their wonders though. An old Mage gave me the advice of saving my runes for the rune phase, not to use them when the AW needs KP to upgrade. It's saved me a ton during the rune phase.

Killy-

Not everyone uses the runes to upgrade their wonders though. An old Mage gave me the advice of saving my runes for the rune phase, not to use them when the AW needs KP to upgrade. It's saved me a ton during the rune phase.
Sure, if you don't do a lot of tournament, you might want to save some. On the other hand you wouldn't have a lot of kps, so you don't want to waste your runes in the rune phase either - maybe wait for some rune shards (I hope that is how they are called in English).

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
Just to throw in my two cents from my perspective....

To begin... I work. 40+hours. I don't play on my phone at work as that would be inappropriate.

Therefore... I do as much as I can as I can.

I want more pet food. I want an AW or a permanent building that produces pet food. I just want pet food.

In Khel, I have a timewarp and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE IT. My tourney scores are much improved because it solves much of the time issues I have. I would rather they gave more magic spells and threw in some time boosters to the tourney rather than so many relics... but thats just me. Since they aren't needed in the FA because they have mailed it in and never change the map, I don't have much use for the number of relics that I have.

elvenbee

Sure, if you don't do a lot of tournament, you might want to save some. On the other hand you wouldn't have a lot of kps, so you don't want to waste your runes in the rune phase either - maybe wait for some rune shards (I hope that is how they are called in English).
Typically, I do 2000+ in the tournaments and I'm beginning Ch9, so I get plenty of KP. Runes (Shards) are meant for the rune phase, so why would that be considered "wasting" runes (shards)? I get a variety of Runes (Shards) from the tournaments, so saving them for Rune phases has been ideal. Also, your Runes (Shards) only contribute 10 KP on your AW. It's only 15 if you contributed the Rune (Shard) to someone else's AW.

*added Shards for clarification.

Last edited:

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Are you honestly claiming that if this change had been implemented when the Timewarp was first introduced, you wouldn't have built it? Or you would have stopped levelling it at level 29, or sooner?
Yes, I am. I stopped at 30 becuase going to 31+ doesn't gain me anything I care about. If stopping at 20 or 25 had got me to the same point, then I would have stopped there.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Well, the full reduction is still reached at lvl 30 and the % reduction per level is still the same, does that mean none of your points are met and we can move on?
No it doesn't, because I stopped levelling at 30 and will not bother to go any higher until there is absolutely nothing else to do with my KP

If you say you wouldn't build the storngest wonder under new conditions, then I see two options:

1. You are silly.
2. You are arguing in bad spirit, making fake arguments for whatever reason.

Although you haven't answered my question, so I tend to number 2.
Nice, assessing your interpretetation of my lack of response to your question before I have a chance to respond. Talk about bad faith?

As i wrote above, you are incorrect. I stopped levelling at 30 becuase going any further isn't worth it to me. If I had hit maximum at 20 or 25, I'd have stopped there.

hoopity

I'm glad you are all continuing the argument! @Ashrem while I don't agree with anything you're saying, I'm glad that you're participating and voicing your concerns. At this point, I don't think I have anything left to add on the topic, so I'm going to move on with my life.

Killy-

@Ashrem Now I am not sure if you understand what %-reduction means or not. For 100% reduction you need a lvl 30 timewarp and a bear no matter if the tournament cd is 16 hours, 14 hours, 30 hours or 1 hour. So I do not get what you would have changed, if you would have known the cooldown would only be 14 hours in the future. You still need your timewarp at level 30 and you still get the same bonus out of it, so I still don't get your point.

Typically, I do 2000+ in the tournaments and I'm beginning Ch9, so I get plenty of KP. Runes are meant for the rune phase, so why would that be considered "wasting" runes? I get a variety of Runes from the tournaments, so saving them for Rune phases has been ideal. Also, your Runes only contribute 10 KP on your AW. It's only 15 if you contributed the Rune to someone else's AW.
My point is, that runes are worth 15 kps (yes you need to do the effort to trade them with someone for that full value). So, if you are interested in upgrading you wonders, you could wait for shards in the rune phase (those shards are going to waste otherwise anyways) instead of using your runes. How many runes do you need on average for the rune phase? Something around 30 (I am too lazy to do the math)? That's some kps if you are not at the point in the game yet, when kps doesn't matter anymore. The downside is, that you would have to wait longer in the rune phase, but if you have multiple wonders to built, it doesn't really matter.