• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Reduce Time by 1 Minute! Are They Joking?

DeletedUser1365

A quest prize I just received for the latest quest was a reduced time by 1 minute. What would motivate a developer to produce such an item that at best irritates a player and could infuriate some? With such long durations, even an hour would barely have an impact.

DeletedUser8187

I have in the past/present made a few people upset, as they are waiting for me to go out with them. But my production will be ready in 2 minutes so I make them wait for me. So those minute reductions would help, although I would need a lot of them as I set my manufacturing goods to complete at the same time.

DeletedUser1365

A quest prize I just received for the latest quest was a reduced time by 1 minute. What would motivate a developer to produce such an item that at best irritates a player and could infuriate some? With such long durations, even an hour would barely have an impact.
I should have stated this earlier, I don't intend to respond to comments since many of them come from inside the Elvenar developer community. Engaging in a war of words with them is counter productive and not in the best interest of the rest of the players here who honestly exchange thoughts. But since I did not, I'll add this clarification. Simply put one minute was such an absurd time no real justification for it can be offered. In the trial of any product or service issuance, sufficient thought is normally given to the entire introduction to ensure that the perceived benefit is not denuded by a poorly conceived aspect that is in itself readily changeable.

Annabe11a

I also agree with Lord Maverick. To me a worthless "gift" is no gift at all, I have earned nothing. I had already planned to ignore this latest event when I read that "Pay with" quests were included, when I saw they were eliminated and replaced with something sensible I started the event. However I have already ceased going further as my time is much better spent doing anything else but the event.

DeletedUser3821

I don't see how, even stacked, the 1 minute things are very useful. I would have started at 5 or 10 minutes with them, but I'm not a dev and don't pretend to understand how they think. If they showed up more frequently, they might be useful.

Liang Yee

I just don't understand why InnoGames keeps offering poor quality rewards for the events. Offer something significantly better! Give the players something really useful, that can help us grow our city faster and more efficiently! I'm sure better rewards will 100% attract more players to participate in the events ;)

DeletedUser9601

I don't see how, even stacked, the 1 minute things are very useful. I would have started at 5 or 10 minutes with them, but I'm not a dev and don't pretend to understand how they think. If they showed up more frequently, they might be useful.
One point I've seen a few times that I'll show with an example. I'm upgrading my Main Hall and there's 10 minutes left on the build, but I have to leave for work in 5 minutes. I'll be at work for 8 hours, so if my upgrade doesn't finish before I leave, my builder sits idle for the time I'm AFK.

Before, I'd be stuck spending money (diamonds) to rush production. Now, if I have a handful of instants saved up, I can rush production, and start another round of MH (or any other building upgrades). Now my builder is busy while I'm at work, and I get to keep my city development moving.

They're not supposed to be game-breaking spells. If you compare the 1-minute boost to the 5% gold, no one is complaining that 5% gold isn't good enough. But if used well, it can be a helpful item that saves players frustration in certain situations.

DeletedUser3468

While these one or three minute instants were something that I originally thought would be worthless, I just found out that I actually like them. I had 6 minutes left before I could collect some sunflowers (Fairy day farm, for those who haven't reached this yet) and needed to log off. I was able to use some of my 1 minute and 3 minute instants to finish them up in a few seconds so I could start another batch before logging off. I also notice I have a one hour instant which should really come in handy. I am now a fan! Yes, more of the longer ones would be nice but even the 1 and 3 minute ones do come in handy if you're on a tight online schedule! Yay! :D

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
I have to confess, the time ones are not something that I'm enthusiastic about, but it is a prize along the way. The end prizes are the ones I'm really interested in acquiring. I hope that the time reductions have more applicability and practicality later. I'm saving them for when I need to stack for a quest.

I don't understand the mage multiplier either. Does it disappear?

I love the quests, they make the entire game more interesting.

DeletedUser3821

One point I've seen a few times that I'll show with an example. I'm upgrading my Main Hall and there's 10 minutes left on the build, but I have to leave for work in 5 minutes. I'll be at work for 8 hours, so if my upgrade doesn't finish before I leave, my builder sits idle for the time I'm AFK.

Before, I'd be stuck spending money (diamonds) to rush production. Now, if I have a handful of instants saved up, I can rush production, and start another round of MH (or any other building upgrades). Now my builder is busy while I'm at work, and I get to keep my city development moving.

They're not supposed to be game-breaking spells. If you compare the 1-minute boost to the 5% gold, no one is complaining that 5% gold isn't good enough. But if used well, it can be a helpful item that saves players frustration in certain situations.
Very good points, and since my first post on the topic, I've received several 10 minute time reducers which will be very handy. But getting back to what you said, I'd forgotten those late gaming nights when I really needed to stop and go to bed, but had a few minutes left before setting things up for the night. I'm saving them up with NO complaints. :D

I have "won" many 1 and 3 minute time boosts. As far as I'm concerned they can just sit there until a time when I can sell or trade them for something I can actually use. I do have a few 10 minute boosts, and now a 1 hour boost. I might use them when I'm desperate, but only then. I don't see any incentive for completing a task that rewards these things. I hope there won't be a limit on how many I can have, or if they take up space that could be used to store something else.

DeletedUser8847

I have no negative feedback from one minute instants.
I tried it and it helped. In strategy games even one minute is important.
How fast can you train your troops?
How fast can you update your buildings?
Let me remind you that, when producing things in workshops of mf's, even minute makes much difference.
But that doesn't mean that I wouldn't like more 10 minute instants lol.. I would like them a lot of more than one minute!
When you play it must be strategy for every step you take in the game.
One failure - or updating wrong building - or such is not funny but you need to make decision in your head before you actually put them to use.
Try that one minute help to your workshops or updated buildings. It really helps.