• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Referral System

Myne

Oh Wise One
I like the 4 levels and definitions;
Casual: Plays less than 3x a day OR in chapter 1-5. Everyone is welcome no minimum participation weekly
Active: Bronze Spire, +8c tourney Plays 3x per day or more OR Chapter 5 and above with (state minimum) weekly
Competitive: Silver Spire, +10c tourney Plays 3x per day or more AND (state minimum requirements for spire and tourney) weekly
Top Level: Gold Spire, +12c tourney Plays constantly, clears spire, (state minimum tourney points) weekly

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I wish we had an “Archmages Corner” sub forum to post things like this that are not strictly world specific.
If we put it in the "General Discussion" and have it updated regularly, it should last. I'm going to think about all these suggestions more and come up with something. Everyone has had such great ideas that it really gives me food for thought.

Myne

Oh Wise One
@helya Is it possible to create a dedicated subforum within the Community Corner forum that can be for an openings listing so that AMs can post vacancies? Maybe it could be called Archmages Corner?
If we don't do something like that the post is just gonna roll down the list of posts.

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
@helya Is it possible to create a dedicated subforum within the Community Corner forum that can be for an openings listing so that AMs can post vacancies? Maybe it could be called Archmages Corner?
If we don't do something like that the post is just gonna roll down the list of posts.
I don't see why not, it could be in the Worlds threads

Myne

Oh Wise One
If the world name is placed in the info, we shouldn't need to separate the worlds into their own section.
Also, does everyone agree on the definitions? We need more input on that.
Does this mean the "fellowships seeking members" threads are unneeded?
Can everyone agree to remove their posts when their positions are filled so the listings are not clogged with obsolete requests?

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
If the world name is placed in the info, we shouldn't need to separate the worlds into their own section.
Also, does everyone agree on the definitions? We need more input on that.
Can everyone agree to remove their posts when their positions are filled so the listings are not clogged with obsolete requests?
It would be hard to get everyone to agree on anything. If it got used, it would get forgotten too ... that's human nature. I guess we'd just have to update ingame with those AMs and ask if they still need whatever they had posted.

I like the definitions, so far, but yes, if others weigh in on this it would be better. We need to take our time to get it right. Thoughts, anyone?

Rp44

I love this idea. In one of my fellowships the AM decided she wanted us to be doing more and not everyone had that in mind for their gameplay. She had already had a discussion with the AM of a more casual FS and was able to recommend that FS to the couple of players who did not want to do more in the Spire. It would be incredibly helpful to have those kind of connections between fellowships of different levels. :)

I like hawk's definitions of the categories the best because they are the broadest. Things like minimums and how often one is expected to play can be part of the individual FS posting if those things matter to the group. I think the FS posting might want to mention the AW system the FS uses as well because some people have strong opinions about that.

For the most usefulness this idea needs broad participation, not just top level and competitive groups looking for members, though even that would still be making helpful connections. Broad participation might be difficult here in the forum unless it could get an occasional mention on the official Elvenar Facebook group or something like that. Platinum Leaf would also be great for advertisement. I am a part of fellowships that fit into three of the four broad categories (no gold spire quite yet), but I probably wouldn't be here if my main cities weren't competitive.

Myne

Oh Wise One
For the most usefulness this idea needs broad participation, not just top level and competitive groups looking for members, though even that would still be making helpful connections. Broad participation might be difficult here in the forum unless it could get an occasional mention on the official Elvenar Facebook group or something like that. Platinum Leaf would also be great for advertisement.

I think those of us already here would really need to step up and contact other AMs to get them involved. It would really take a concerted effort to contact every one of the AMs. Are those of us active here on the forums willing to do that? It can be done.

Kadhrin

Casual: Plays less than 3x a day OR in chapter 1-5. Everyone is welcome no minimum participation weekly
Active: Bronze Spire, +8c tourney Plays 3x per day or more OR Chapter 5 and above with (state minimum) weekly
Competitive: Silver Spire, +10c tourney Plays 3x per day or more AND (state minimum requirements for spire and tourney) weekly
Top Level: Gold Spire, +12c tourney Plays constantly, clears spire, (state minimum tourney points) weekly
One fellowship I’m in is a combo of casual (plays less than 3x/day), active (chapter 5+), competitive (silver+ in Spire), and top level (14+ chests).
TBH, it’s a top 10 fellowship and I’m pretty sure we have people who play 1x/day, maybe 2x/day. How would you categorize that?

Hawk1911

One fellowship I’m in is a combo of casual (plays less than 3x/day), active (chapter 5+), competitive (silver+ in Spire), and top level (14+ chests).
TBH, it’s a top 10 fellowship and I’m pretty sure we have people who play 1x/day, maybe 2x/day. How would you categorize that?
Respectfully, even though it is a top 10 FS, I would categorize your FS as 'Competitive', because your FS gets Silver spire and +10c in tourney. When your FS achieves weekly gold, it would be 'Top Level'.

Alternatively, in another scenario, if we decided the number of tournament chests defined for top level is +15c, then my FS would then drop to 'Competitive' because we get Gold Spire but only 14c in tournament.

This is one reason why I suggested a very brief, yet specific definition. If the definition has too many nuances it won't work and opens up too much for interpretation. I think the definitions should be result oriented and only 2 things; Spire, Tournament performance.

The other items, city size, frequency of play, points, chapter progression, governance style and rules, etc... basically how a Fellowship achieves the results, is what I call "culture" or the various values and rules the Fellowship has decided to operate by. Culture matters, but it is much more subjective and opinion varies widely.

OIM20

They would still be needed if you use these definitions:
because my Sinya FS would fall under an "Active Minus" description as we don't have a minimum number of times someone should be online daily, and we're certainly not telling people to be there 3xs a day, nor is our FS requiring a minimum chapter. But we are Bronze Spire +1 chest (at least) every week, and we are 8 chests in Tourney - 9 with Perks.

[Edited to add:] We do have a minimum 3 times per week on visitations.

So we wouldn't qualify for your thread and would still need to seek players in the FS seeking Members sub-forum.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I really like the idea, but in the FS where I'm AM, I don't have a clue how I would be able to use it. But, I'm also not sure we should be trying to devise a system that fits any range of differences between FSs.
My FS has been around since before I even started playing the game; many members have played together for years. Our growth and accomplishments have happened organically. We get 12c tourney weekly (top chest gotten ever is 14), Silver Spire for 99 wks in a row (hoping it stays there after this week since we're doing our first Gold Push!) and has 7 top 10 FA finishes. No way are we 'Top Level', we don't even consider ourselves 'Competitive'. Regular FS rank for us is 73. We have no tourney minimums, no Spire minimums and only recently raised our required visits/wk from 3 to 5 mainly because that's what our current members are doing and we don't want to recruit less active players. The only other requirement is that the city's score changes at least every 2 weeks. Players who don't like the FA or it comes at an inconvenient time for them irl are encouraged to do 'one and done', placing a badge on each stage to get the prizes and no more. Our biggest 'requirement' is communication and responding to private msgs when sent by a mage. We've been describing ourselves as 'Casual, but active' and saying we 'prefer daily or mostly daily' players. Each applicant is looked at independently and we have taken players who haven't even built the Trader yet! To be fair, they had a more advanced city on another world where their activity level in ElvenStats looked like they'd be a good fit for us, and it worked out well.

Myne

Oh Wise One
They would still be needed if you use these definitions:

because my Sinya FS would fall under an "Active Minus" description as we don't have a minimum number of times someone should be online daily, and we're certainly not telling people to be there 3xs a day, nor is our FS requiring a minimum chapter. But we are Bronze Spire +1 chest (at least) every week, and we are 8 chests in Tourney - 9 with Perks.

[Edited to add:] We do have a minimum 3 times per week on visitations.

So we wouldn't qualify for your thread and would still need to seek players in the FS seeking Members sub-forum.

The parameters can be tweaked. We are here to discuss how to do this to make it work. Arbitrarily saying you don't fit isn't helping. The parameters can be changed to chapter 3 if you like, Help us work this out so we can all benefit

Myne

Oh Wise One
I really like the idea, but in the FS where I'm AM, I don't have a clue how I would be able to use it. But, I'm also not sure we should be trying to devise a system that fits any range of differences between FSs.
My FS has been around since before I even started playing the game; many members have played together for years. Our growth and accomplishments have happened organically. We get 12c tourney weekly (top chest gotten ever is 14), Silver Spire for 99 wks in a row (hoping it stays there after this week since we're doing our first Gold Push!) and has 7 top 10 FA finishes. No way are we 'Top Level', we don't even consider ourselves 'Competitive'. Regular FS rank for us is 73. We have no tourney minimums, no Spire minimums and only recently raised our required visits/wk from 3 to 5 mainly because that's what our current members are doing and we don't want to recruit less active players. The only other requirement is that the city's score changes at least every 2 weeks. Players who don't like the FA or it comes at an inconvenient time for them irl are encouraged to do 'one and done', placing a badge on each stage to get the prizes and no more. Our biggest 'requirement' is communication and responding to private msgs when sent by a mage. We've been describing ourselves as 'Casual, but active' and saying we 'prefer daily or mostly daily' players. Each applicant is looked at independently and we have taken players who haven't even built the Trader yet! To be fair, they had a more advanced city on another world where their activity level in ElvenStats looked like they'd be a good fit for us, and it worked out well.

I think everyone is getting hung up on what their FS is accomplishing, or where they are in the game. This thread is about finding people who will fit in your fellowship and flourish. It's about finding a way to refer folks to another FS if you can't take them, or if after talking to them you find they will not be a good fit for your FS.
IF you are in a FS with an AM who really values communication and you are talking to someone who doesn't want to interact with people and is not willing to answer messages..that person just isn't going to fit. There WILL be problems. So perhaps when you realize this you can send them to another FS who perhaps isn't big on communicating and just wants to play.
We need ideas and brainstorming and tweaking parameters. This could be a huge help to all of us.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
We need ideas and brainstorming and tweaking parameters. This could be a huge help to all of us.
I absolutely agree. This is just hard for me to wrap my brain around. I was trying to do that by thinking about my FS and where it would 'fit' within the section. I think you're right, that's not getting me anywhere, lol! Very late for me tonight; maybe it will come easier tomorrow. As I said, I really like the idea, and I don't think we should be trying to devise a system that every single FS will fit within seamlessly. That's all I've got as far as moving forward with polishing up the idea, I have no other ideas. Yet. I haven't given up, lol!