• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Refuse quest with penalty

DeletedUser5676

Allow declining quests, but declining a quest subtracts three-times the number of corals you would have got if you did it. It allows an escape from being blocked, but imposes a high penalty for balance.

example: five Elegant Furnaces gets me 64 corals. Refusing the quest costs me 192 corals. That's a difficult decision, unless I only have four steel factories, which means 96 hours to complete the quest verses the corals I could earn in 96 hours.

Alternatively to declining: Sell quest completion tokens for corals. One quest completion token costs 200 corals, and can be used to complete the furnaces getting me 64, for a net of -136 corals, but I get to move on in the event two days sooner.

Deleted User - 4404748

Do the declinable quests still cycle with the latest release, or do they go forever?

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Do the declinable quests still cycle with the latest release, or do they go forever?
Declinable quests do not occur in events. The quest series is endless, with quests after the first 125ish being worth 20 event coin each.

Last edited:

Deleted User - 4404748

Didn't get it, sorry.
If I decline a quest (say, getting 3 armories to level 8), what happens to it? Earlier posts indicated that the quest will be offered again after I've gone through (and completed OR declined) other quests, but I couldn't find a recent post about the current experience

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Didn't get it, sorry.
If I decline a quest (say, getting 3 armories to level 8), what happens to it? Earlier posts indicated that the quest will be offered again after I've gone through (and completed OR declined) other quests, but I couldn't find a recent post about the current experience
Sorry, this thread was about event quests, which you can't decline. What you are talking about is a "story" quest (sometimes called "Story line" or "main line") Those occur exactly once each, and do not come back once declined, but most of them can't be declined until after you finish the current chapter. There are also "daily" quests (like collect some goods, or collect some supplies, or finish a province or gain some relics, or upgrade a building to xx level) which repeat over and over after you decline them.

The Gems website has a list of the story quests