• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Release notes 0.23

DeletedUser43

"I'm very comfortable with folks indicating that they have on-going problems. My concern, rather, is with folks who don't seem to be making an effort to run down the conditions that allow those bugs to persist."

Wow. I don't think blaming customers for not fixing a broken product will get make them spend more money. (Nor is this forum for detailed bug reports. Those were supplied on the beta server where beta testers are doing their jobs.)

"BUT I'd suggest that chasing down bugs IS part of the larger game."

Not for the paying customers it isn't. Or did you think you were commenting in the beta forum? This is the live US server.

"Stated bluntly, whining about "the problems" isn't a useful contribution."

Reporting issues that are wrong with the game is not whining, neither is expressing dissatisfaction. Complaints are opportunities for companies to save customers. Would you thwart that opportunity? Silencing dissent won't help the owners make money. Most people who are unhappy never say a word and just leave, therefore, the few folks that do speak up are greatly helping the company earn money.

"Network connectivity issues, including high transaction volumes and firewalls.
http://www.speedtest.net/ will help you isolate connectivity issues." "You need to understand how caching, and the just in time delivery of game graphics is controlled, and the effect of Hardware Acceleration." "You need to understand how distributed client/server applications and game loops actually work.
"

Actually, no, no I don't need to understand. I don't know how a car works and yet, the auto manufacturers all compete to have me spend my money on their vehicles. Players have many choices in entertainment. They work hard for their money. They are exchanging their valuable dollars for a product.

"I'm an engineer, by both training and inclination, and I enjoy running down problems"

Ok.

I appreciate that, but this is a business and a business needs to make money. Unhappy customers don't pay. Many customers don't enjoy problems. In fact, problems make some customers angry. Angry customers tell more people about how bad a thing is than happy customers tell people how good a thing is. Clearly, you are coming at problems from an engineering standpoint, I am coming at them from a business aspect. An engineer gets paid by the company, a company gets paid by customers. Our difference in approaching issues seems to be our focus.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Maybe someone should start a new thread on the "what is or isn't whining about new releases" topic, so people reading this one could mainly see discussion about release 0.23? I'm not saying anyone should or shouldn't be saying whatever, just that the above discussion is not about release 0.23 specifically, which is what I came here to read.

Thanks!

DeletedUser511

I was visiting someone and couldnt read their whole name so I clicked their name and ALL the buildings vanished. I went back to my town and they was all gone as well.

DeletedUser61

What was it that you actually clicked? I visited a Fellow and a Neighbor, and clicked on their City name, their Profile Name, and their Portrait, and nothing happened. I'm using Win 8.1 and Chrome, with hardware acceleration enabled.

What's your friend's name, so I can test the same city at 1920x1080 pixels?

The problem that you're seeing would certainly be appropriate to post in the Bug forum.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Now...can you imagine what it would be like here if we had PVP?

DeletedUser511

The missing town one but its weird it was there but when I clicked on their town name it vanished. It was weird! What was weirder was when I went to my town which was already loaded from before that wasnt there either. I tried to do it again but it didnt happen. It might have happened because I went to a tons of people to help them and it all added up I guess. Who knows.

DeletedUser18

I have not been able to replicate this either, xavier. I will monitor it (via tickets, beta and US forums) to see if I can isolate it to a specific cause. Thanks.

DeletedUser61

Actually, no, no I don't need to understand. I don't know how a car works and yet, the auto manufacturers all compete to have me spend my money on their vehicles.
I'm about a week late to the party, but I finally realized what was bothering me about your automotive analogy. Recalls!

An estimated 408,000 Jeep Grand Cherokees are the subject of a preliminary NHTSA investigation after drivers complained that newer models rolled away...
http://www.autonews.com/section/recall

Clearly, there's plenty that you need to understand about the shortcomings of production automobiles, and there's an obvious similarity for in-game bugs that get past the internal and Beta tests.

DeletedUser43

I don't have a clue what you are talking about. But, the mods have asked us to keep this on topic. So, feel free to message me directly. :)