• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Release notes 0.23

DeletedUser51

Dear Humans and Elves,

Please use this thread to share your thoughts on the changes that came with the update to version 0.23.

We are looking forward to your feedback!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

DeletedUser627

The update briefly included "upgrade" tabs on some level 15 buildings - which excited the highest level players. They've subsequently been removed, which is causing consternation as players surmise that upgrades must not be near release.

Any ideas about what / when the game's current limits will be expanded?

DeletedUser511

Well something else broke! Everytime I go into it after logging out it loads to 63% and I have to refresh to get it to go further.

Edit: The chat dont load at all now. Even when I log out like before and it would load when I log back in.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser43

I have found a lot of issues with this new update:

1. When doing neighborly help from the world map, after visiting two neighbors the screen freezes when it tries to load the map again. If I turn hardware accelerator off, that can take care of the issue. :(
Edit...but with hardware accelerator off, if I click on the quests while in the world map, I cannot click on a neighbor's city unless I go back home and then go back to the world map again.
Edit....also with hardware accelerator off I get shockwave crashes when doing neighborly help.

2. Trades are not showing up for tier 3 goods unless I refresh the game. I see the trade in the notification tab, but the goods do not show up in my list of supplies. :(

3. The new Gain 150,000 coins quest does not tell you the accurate amount of coins you have accumulated in the quest unless you mouseover the quest, but the bar in the quest itself is inaccurate. :(

4. Players in my fellowship are reporting that they are having difficulty in getting goods from their factories and then resetting the factory. I have experienced this too. :(

5. If hardware accelerator is off, I cannot move buildings around my city without the screen getting half black. :(

6. I too was wondering and very sad to see the upgrade tier 15 buildings tab gone. :(

7. All of these issues were known issues in beta and it makes me very sad that they bring over updates without fixing the issues. I know players who were spending money on the game who now say they are unhappy and will not spend any more. I know other players who were thinking of spending money but won't now because the game seems to be getting more buggy, not less. That makes me sad, because without money Elvenar won't last. It is really sad when I tell them a week ahead of time about all the bugs that are coming...and then they happen. It is one thing to have a problem you don't know about, but to bring over problems you do know about.....

8. The trader jumping pages when you accept a trade issue has been fixed. :)

DeletedUser511

Um sad they brought over the bugs from Beta? Thats what they do. It makes no since at all to bring it to Beta if you are not gonna fix the bugs that are found on beta.

PS the chat dont load at all.

DeletedUser43

Another problem I just noticed is that all the squares on the grid are lit up like I have expanded everywhere, but I cannot move my houses to a lot of those places. Now, I happen to remember what spaces I have yet to add expansions to, but I no longer have the bright vs. dark grid visual to guide me. (HA is on). (Edit: If I turn HA off then the grid goes back to normal, but then the grid goes all black and wonky.)

Come on guys! This is so silly. Every minute I am finding more problems this "update" brought. Fix the bugs before you bring the updates on here. (Tell whoever is in charge that this is getting really bad. Each update is now greeted with dread. This is a very bad way to run a company. I know there are lots of players, but we do actually talk to each other, and we have lots of games as choices.)

2rgz5w8.jpg

DeletedUser511

I said that!.:p I said that a few times after other updates as well. I think these developers need to go back and learn some more. I know its hard to make a game but man this is nuts.

DeletedUser61

The point is that these features are all working just fine on my system, and for the great majority of the players.

Bugs that make it through internal testing, and get past the somewhat larger community of Beta testers, tend to be subtle and due to:
Stated bluntly, whining about "the problems" isn't a useful contribution. It would be far better if you were to isolate the various problems, which includes finding some means by which you can reliably recreate the bug, and then provide that information in a bug report.

It's a strange world out there, and the developers DO need your support in order to chase down the bugs that you are still experiencing, and thereby improve your gaming experience.

DeletedUser511

You know this thread is for people talking about problems they have not people to come on and talk about problems they dont have so maybe you should just leave instead of yet again insulting people and their computers. WOW you are the biggest...

Doi you have anything better to do then to insult people?

DeletedUser551

You know this thread is for people talking about problems they have not people to come on and talk about problems they dont have so maybe you should just leave instead of yet again insulting people and their computers. WOW you are the biggest...

Doi you have anything better to do then to insult people?

You have no authority to decide who can participate in the forum discussions. Bug reporting is an important part of every online game; providing details while reporting a bug can go a long way toward getting the bug fixed. Isolating the problem and providing instructions on how to recreate it helps the developers of getting rid of it faster.

You have been warned multiple times for breaking the forum rules as well as generally being unpleasant towards others. I suggest you read the forum rules again, since more violations can lead to suspension of your account. Leave it to the moderator team to keep the forum in order.

Contribute to the bug reporting if you want. Do NOT discourage users from doing so or from providing guidelines on how to do it optimally.

DeletedUser43

I wasn't going to say anything, but that isn't really fair. A player comes in here and says Hey, everything is working is fine for me so why don't you all stop grousing....and then someone else says hey...we are all here to let the devs know the problems we are having and we really shouldn't be treated to such a tone lest someone won't speak up anymore....and you are yelling at the latter player? I love ya, Katwijk, but your post came across very harsh to me too. Though I doubt you meant to be.

The issues I am having I am not alone in having. I have a brand spanking new, out of the box laptop that costs more than my car (though my car is well....that is another story). I haven't done anything at all with this incredible new machine but play Elvenar. It has no more taxing issue to face. Moreover, I think there was a very important point that has been overlooked: ALL THESE ISSUES WERE REPORTED ON BETA. They are not new. They did not get past anyone. They are not a surprise. These bugs did NOT get past the community. They were reported. Many many days ago. And sure, some things are hard to spot, but they were all CONFIRMED problems by the hard working mods in this community who have a whole range of systems.

No one cares that a new game has bugs...we care that a new game has bugs, they know the game has bugs, and they don't fix the bugs. I can honestly say, if they reloaded the game version from last month, I would have a smoother gaming experience.

DeletedUser551

I wasn't going to say anything, but that isn't really fair. A player comes in here and says Hey, everything is working is fine for me so why don't you all stop grousing....and then someone else says hey...we are all here to let the devs know the problems we are having and we really shouldn't be treated to such a tone lest someone won't speak up anymore....and you are yelling at the latter player? I love ya, Katwijk, but your post came across very harsh to me too. Though I doubt you meant to be.

My post was meant as a public warning to Xavier for the habit of derailing conversations and starting arguments out of nowhere. Katwijk's post, regardless of whether the issues mentioned were already reported on the Beta server, is still relative to bug reporting and thus a contribution to the conversation.

Fixing bugs is tricky; providing details as well as patience are required when it comes to dealing with them. The Flash problem was going on for a while until a fix was deployed. Granted, several problems arose due to that fix, but it was nothing unexpected. Kat's post was not of malicious intent; it was more like a reminder of the bug reporting guidelines.

With that being said, let's not derail the conversation any more with discussion around forum moderation. If you believe I handled any situation incorrectly, feel free to message one of my superiors or send a support ticket; they'll be happy to look into it.

DeletedUser61

I'm very comfortable with folks indicating that they have on-going problems. My concern, rather, is with folks who don't seem to be making an effort to run down the conditions that allow those bugs to persist.

It's like when your kids or pets are ill, and there's nothing that you can do to make it better until you can figure out what's causing the pain.

Quite frankly, it's frustrating for the players, for the developers, and for those of us who are trouble-free bystanders, when a bug won't go away. Of course it's complicated, and it takes some additional effort on the part of the players who are currently in the barrel. BUT I'd suggest that chasing down bugs IS part of the larger game.

I'm an engineer, by both training and inclination, and I enjoy running down problems almost as much as I enjoy avoiding them in the first place. When you're up against a well defined problem, you're about to learn something with any luck at all.

The more information that we can get about the specifics of a problem, the more likely we are to have an AhHa! moment, when we finally discover what's causing THAT particular problem and, again with any luck at all, thereby eliminate an entire group of related problems that are less well defined.

DeletedUser627

The point is that these features are all working just fine on my system, and for the great majority of the players.

I experience no technical problems. Yes, I hate the new grid appearance when moving items, it's slow to respond and visually confusing, but that's still not a "bug". My computer is a refurbished Dell workstation - so it's 4-year-old tech and manages just fine.

(MissAnthropy moved the close quote to the correct position, but no text was changed.)

DeletedUser

With that being said, let's not derail the conversation any more with discussion around forum moderation. If you believe I handled any situation incorrectly, feel free to message one of my superiors or send a support ticket; they'll be happy to look into it.

It seems that some people can get away with repeatedly belittling other players and some can not.
That's not quite fair. I stopped replying to katwijk because her replies always contained one insult or another.

Now, that being said. There seem to be more and more bugs in the game. Besides the lag that emrysa has posted, I have experienced problems with moving buildings, sweeping across the area to collect, and with the game stalling or quitting. Right now, it has quit and I'm getting the "website not available" screen. This is not my computer.

DeletedUser701

I deleted my lag post because the problem has seemed to corrected itself.