• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Release Notes 0.33

Valtitude

Xaviersxmen - I just watched a weather report about the blizzard currently affecting Washington DC. The National Weather Service is forecasting up to 2 feet of snow for the area! Yeow! Sounds like fun to me, but then I love the snow ...
For those who don't know - a blizzard is defined as winds higher than 35 mph/ 56 kph, heavy snow - more than 1 inch/ 2.5 centimeters per hour, low visibility and below freezing temps. We have blizzard conditions at least once per winter where I live, usually more often than that. Knocks power lines down frequently.
Stay safe and warm, peeps on the East Coast! ... and my new ISP's service just stumbled a bit, too.

DeletedUser511

35 mile a hour winds is bad? Here that isnt anything but a good rain.

Valtitude

Ha! I'm going to guess you're in a warm place that has a hurricane pass by now and then. I've never been thru a hurricane, thankfully. 35 mph wind speed is the minimum for a blizzard. Most snowstorms aren't blizzards, believe it or not. Heavy snowfall can make things difficult enough, but the wind takes falling snow and picks more snow off the ground, creating white-outs. You literally have no idea where the road is, it's very disorienting. People drive or slide off the roads, don't have blankets or food to stay warm, electricity goes out because power lines fall ... you probably get the idea - it can be life-threatening. Or fun if you're prepared for it. I can't imagine Washington DC under 2 feet of snow!

Deleted User - 312108

I just flew out of D.C... not much weather tonight a light dusting yesterday, supposedly a blizzard tomorrow, but they think 1 inch is a lot.

East coast weather tends to be fairly mild (other than hot sometimes in the summer). It was -15F in MN when I left on Monday and 25 in DC... where people were telling me it was so cold. I was thinking... wait, I can breath through my nose and it doesn't stick together... SO WARM! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1122

Click building check out of game (twice).
Take trades, trades stay up empty.
Moving roads. One piece of road will not move. Everything around it moves. Reboot it moves.
About the purges. I have noticed new names for neighbours. It seems there is newer inactives replacing older inactives.
22/01/16 click building go to another website that I might of visited 2 years ago. Neat trick. (I clean cookies daily)

Valtitude

6pac - Someone mentioned neighbors are being replaced.

My odd message problems have returned - some messages don't appear in the inbox until long after they were sent. Messages I've deleted are re-appearing and messages I've sent, don't get to the recipients. Our fellowship lost out on a player yesterday because of this - the other fellowship responded before my second message reached the player. I realized my messages were misbehaving again late morning Jan 21st.

DeletedUser1122

Someone mentioned neighbors are being replaced.
There's a rule that a one month inactive is removed from the map. Nearly destroyed the game when they did that. It appears that they are shuffling the oldest inactives out (4 months?) and replacing them with 1 to 3 month inactives.
My odd message problems have returned
Software systems have a tendency to discover the foot bone is connected to the jaw bone when they do updates. Even more scary is "hot" fixes - tinkering with the system while its still running.
These problems are a reoccurrence of previous problems and may be tied to the age of your mouse or PC or video card or the lunar cycle

DeletedUser1122

oh well what is life without DRAMA
Doing my fav repeatable quest...2 supplies (tools) required. Click 2 workshops get the 2 zzzzzzzzzz One shows up in the quest bar. Do a third workshop, get 2 supplies on the quest bar. Happen twice in a row. Still get kicked out of the game, last time to file explorer. Come people you are only working with 1's and 0's :)

Valtitude

I learned something from you this evening, 6pac. I knew software updates could cause further software problems - 'cascades' as one software engineer I know calls 'em. I did not know though, that these recurring problems could be tied to the lunar cycle - or maybe planetary alignment? There are five planets in alignment in the pre-dawn sky right now. Lol! But seriously, makes sense that the computer, operating system, video card - even Flashplayer, could be the problem. Thanks for that chuckle.

I've had problems with quests that won't complete, too, but almost always with my factories. That hasn't recurred in this release *said with fingers, toes and eyes crossed*.

Deleted User - 107391

I find the whole concepts of Fellowship strange at best.
I ask for my MAIN HALL to be polished and I get Culture. Like they cannot read. I mail that visiting player asking why and they get all offended when I ask, WHY? Most players rarely communicate through the chat. They basically sit there and say nothing....

Sounds like you need a different fellowship. We get a lot of chat, and while forgetting to consider the requested polish does happen, we do try. I think *most* fellowships are more pleasant than what you're describing.

DeletedUser1053

If someone polishes what I do not have listed to be polished, I think to myself I have more than I would have had if I did not get polished. I am still happy.

I would be offended if someone was mad at what I polished as well. I try to get what is asked for, but sometimes I make mistakes, and sometimes I can't polish more of what the person asks for.