• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Release Notes 1.85 feedback

DeletedUser2768

Now this is an update I'm excited about!

The notification overview has been reworked to allow for easier filtering of actions. Instead of focusing on player portraits, we now show the notification type first and foremost, so that you can easily tell which notification was for a Trade, which for Neighborly help and which notification informs you about having been added to a Fellowship.

Will the next step be tabs for each kind of notification? Pretty please??!?!!

Two additional filters were added to the Trader. Once Sentient Goods were unlocked, these filters allow you to filter for only Regular Goods or only Sentient Goods and narrow down the selection of Trades available to you.

Not to sentient goods yet, but I know a lot of players who have been begging for this for quite a long time. Thank you.

After finishing an encounter in a Tournament province, it is no longer required to confirm a notification about having received Tournament Points. Instead, these Tournament Points will now fly up from the Encounter you just finished in blimps, saving you several clicks per province.

YAY!!! Less clicking!

Pheryll

Set Designer
The tooltip on province Expansions no longer shows "0" provinces required to unlock the next expansion if the expansion limit was already reached. Instead it now shows "Limit reached" to make it clear that no more expansions can be unlocked until the limit is raised.

...until the limit is raised. Seems to be implying something in the upcoming chapters.

The Festival Merchant was added to the list of available Crafting recipes in the Magic Academy, allowing you to craft a building that produces resources, up to Seeds in higher Chapters.

The festival merchant is one of the better seed producing buildings per square. With it in crafting, there is much less need to go after seed buildings in events.

Deleted User - 3932582

The festival merchant is one of the better seed producing buildings per square. With it in crafting, there is much less need to go after seed buildings in events.
It looks pretty good on paper, but if it will show up as (in)frequently as some of the military producers / boosters in the MA, then you may still need to hunt for seed producers in the events. I know I went through the whole chapters without some of the above showing up at all.

Another thing is, what's the early collection policy on the merchant? On paper, golden palace and black lotus are almost equivalent, with GP actually being slightly better in some chapters. But GP has no early collection, while BL has massive 18 hours window. This means that BL can be easily run at its max efficiency, while GP almost always has slippage on reset (sometimes significant). I found that I much prefer BL to GP in practice (BL is also easier to place).

Still, I welcome any seed producers, as options there are few.

Pheryll

Set Designer
It looks pretty good on paper, but if it will show up as (in)frequently as some of the military producers / boosters in the MA, then you may still need to hunt for seed producers in the events. I know I went through the whole chapters without some of the above showing up at all.

I am not arguing that more is better. But look at its dimensions; a 3x4 is about three black lotuses shoved together without nearly as much road needed.

Another thing is, what's the early collection policy on the merchant? On paper, golden palace and black lotus are almost equivalent, with GP actually being slightly better in some chapters. But GP has no early collection, while BL has massive 18 hours window. This means that BL can be easily run at its max efficiency, while GP almost always has slippage on reset (sometimes significant). I found that I much prefer BL to GP in practice (BL is also easier to place).

Still, I welcome any seed producers, as options there are few.

Don't know on early collection. At constructs, it produces roughly 25% more seeds per tile per hour. If you can collect 8 times every 5 days that is about the equivalent total collection.

Deleted User - 3932582

Festival merchant does have early collection -- I have 2 of them I kept around a long time knowing I could upgrade them to seed producers eventually.
Even as a mana producer, it is smaller and almost 2x the mana output of an arcane library.
Nice, so what's the actual early collection timing? I believe full production is 12 hours.

DeletedUser1390

• The tooltip on province Expansions no longer shows "0" provinces required to unlock the next expansion if the expansion limit was already reached. Instead it now shows "Limit reached" to make it clear that no more expansions can be unlocked until the limit is raised.
Wait, what?
Does this mean the hard limit may be raised at some point?

DeletedUser20951

Alright, I adore the less clicking of the tournamenting with this update, but I can't say the same of how the fight results page supersedes and removes the province completion page if you finish the final encounter in a province with battle, where you can't see what you got. Small quibble, since you receive everything, and I could probably adjust to not seeing the province rewards at all, as that would mean even less clicking, but the inconsistency is still jarring.

Pheryll

Set Designer
Unless something has been changed, you still see the "awesome" result page with all the rewards for province completion. The rewards for completion of each stage are floating text which is usually hidden under the fight results page.

Risen Malchiah

Alright, I adore the less clicking of the tournamenting with this update, but I can't say the same of how the fight results page supersedes and removes the province completion page if you finish the final encounter in a province with battle, where you can't see what you got. Small quibble, since you receive everything, and I could probably adjust to not seeing the province rewards at all, as that would mean even less clicking, but the inconsistency is still jarring.
You can still see both the battle report and the tournament province popup, but you're right it is weird.

The Battle Results come up first, followed immediately by the Province Rewards on top of it. When the Province Rewards box is closed, the background changes back to the world map with the Battle Results on top of it. If these are clicked through quickly, the flash of the background almost gives an impression that something was clicked in error. It's an odd behavior.

If possible, could the devs change this so the Province Rewards box (and the closure of the province) occurs AFTER the Battle Results box is closed? It would be a lot smoother.

But hooray for less clicks! This is an awesome change even with the wonky popups. :)

DeletedUser20951

You can still see both the battle report and the tournament province popup, but you're right it is weird.
I thought I was misclicking, at first, but if I don't click off the province rewards page before the battle report comes up, it clears my rewards page automatically without being able to check out what I have received... Even though I look at what I will be getting, I usually forget a few seconds later. XD
But hooray for less clicks! This is an awesome change even with the wonky popups. :)
YES!!! These improvements to the repetitive things I perform in the game like clockwork, over and over and over, regardless of the mind-numbing monotony, are greatly appreciated. : D

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
To follow up on the last comment, it is now Monday afternoon in the US and still no 1.85 update on Android. I know it can take this long once in a while, but the last several updates happened within a day of the browser update, so is one is taking extra long. Is there any news on when those of us using an Android device can expect to see this update?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
@Dopeykr The Android version of the update finally released sometime this morning, so I was finally able to update. Did you get it too?

Also, big "thank you" to Inno and the Mods here for keeping so well up to date on the delay and apologizing for it. /sarcasm

Dopeykr

It showed up 1:05 PM CST. Because I was updating some other apps at that time, when it popped up. Thanks for helping. Now to find out if it's not just a pretty introduction screen.

DeletedUser4194

@Dopeykr The Android version of the update finally released sometime this morning, so I was finally able to update. Did you get it too?

Also, big "thank you" to Inno and the Mods here for keeping so well up to date on the delay and apologizing for it. /sarcasm

The mobile updates are and have always been done separately, as it says in the announcement itself. Unfortunately we do not control when Android and Apple make these available to their users :(