• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Release Notes version 0.19

DeletedUser3

Dear Humans and Elves,

Please use this thread to share your thoughts on the changes that came with the update to version 0.19. We're looking forward to your feedback!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

DeletedUser

When the version was updated in the beta server a week ago, they said there had been no time left to fix the two known bugs, yet we can still see one of them here after a week. How efficient it is to fix one bug in one week! Elvenar has three live servers now, is this really an adequate speed for bug fixing? And where are the new features, including the guild system that can be found in every other game?

DeletedUser503

On a touch screen the drop down to select items on the trader interface doesn't work as expected. The drop down arrow brings up the menu but clicking on the item in the list does not select it. If I touch and hold on the screen until the context menu comes up then touch the item it does select it then. That is the work-around when I do not have a mouse or keyboard attached to my tablet.

DeletedUser503

On the world map, user cities load as a black screen in the render field, the UI elements are visible, this happens after loading about 15 cities in a row. Not sure the exact count, will try tonight and count.

DeletedUser61

There's a known memory leak, when visiting cites on the world map, that's apparently difficult for the Devs to find and fix. You can use your Resource Monitor, or the similar tools that are baked in to Chrome or Firefox, and
  • You will observe that the Shockwave addon uses about 800 Mbytes when you first open the world map
  • Each city you visit leaks about 100 Mbytes in unrecovered memory
  • When the leak reaches around 1500 Mbytes, about 10 cities, your browser will run out of operating memory
  • If you're lucky, you'll merely have to reload the client
  • If you're NOT lucky, you'll get a blank city or a black city, and you'll have to entirely close your browser to recover
  • If it weren't for bad luck, I wouldn't have any at all.
If you enjoy fumigation of this sort, you may want to see if you can access the Beta forum, at https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/inde...er-visiting-neighbours.2787/page-2#post-22180, or, if you're not horrified by creepy crawlies you may well enjoy being part of the Beta team.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser503

Too bad the effort needed to adapt such an extensive toolset off Flash to HTML5 is so massive :/ Still, I'm somewhat surprised to hear of a memory leak in something developed on Shockwave, I was under the impression it was a managed language. I would have thought the API would contain a call that would allow the application to call a garbage collection manually to release allocated resources. Somewhat surprised a single city definition would be so large as well, wouldn't you allocate memory for the graphics resources once globally and send a discreet tile map to the client? Seems like 100Mb of RAM per city is excessive.

DeletedUser61

You're preaching to the choir, and I suspect that it's taking so long because that's exactly what the devs thought too. :(

DeletedUser503

So, uh, funny story. I just installed Windows 10 on my Surface Pro and this bug doesn't happen in Microsoft Edge. Just opened up all cities on my map and buffed them all, no blank city screens, no need to restart. (x64)

DeletedUser626

New Features.png

Players who have reached the third segment of the research tree, will not be deleted due to inactivity from now on. We will be closely monitoring what effect(s) this has on the game.

Does this means, Elven players that have reached the Luminous Signpost research, will not be deleted due to inactivity?

Would it be better to move purge further past the 3rd segment?
Perhaps, until trader is researched, to be able to stay in a neighborhood.

DeletedUser

@Frostwyrm: I think it means the third color on the research tree, so 2nd Advanced Scouts upgrade. Can anyone confirm?

DeletedUser51

Players who have reached the third segment of the research tree, will not be deleted due to inactivity from now on. We will be closely monitoring what effect(s) this has on the game
Yes, my apologies that it was not clear. It does indeed mean the third color in the Research tree.