• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Release Notes version 1.101

Muf-Muf

Community Manager
Dear Humans and Elves,

Please use this thread to discuss the upcoming update to version 1.101.

We're looking forward to hearing your feedback!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Really looking forward to this update, so much that is great. However,

When receiving Rune Shards through Tournaments, the game now randomly chooses a Rune Shard for Ancient Wonders that have already been unlocked and are thus relevant, instead of randomly assigning Rune Shards for any Ancient Wonder.

This is most definitely not an improvement. It was one of the reasons used to encourage fellowships to achieve chests in tournaments as it allowed for some forward (albeit random) planning for wonders. While I wish this would change I am sure it won't, but at least call it a balancing change or a bug fix, but not an improvement.

AtaguS

Really looking forward to this update, so much that is great. However,

When receiving Rune Shards through Tournaments, the game now randomly chooses a Rune Shard for Ancient Wonders that have already been unlocked and are thus relevant, instead of randomly assigning Rune Shards for any Ancient Wonder.
Argh...is this the take-away for giving mobile players access to KP swaps? arrrrrrgggggghhhhhh.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
This is most definitely not an improvement. It was one of the reasons used to encourage fellowships to achieve chests in tournaments as it allowed for some forward (albeit random) planning for wonders. While I wish this would change I am sure it won't, but at least call it a balancing change or a bug fix, but not an improvement.

With the current system, we can get rune shards in tournament chests of any AW that anyone in the fellowship can build. So with this change, will people only get rune shards for AWs that they can personally build? Well, maybe with the abundance of broken shards now, they decided we did not need shards for AWs we had not researched yet.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
With the current system, we can get rune shards in tournament chests of any AW that anyone in the fellowship can build. So with this change, will people only get rune shards for AWs that they can personally build? Well, maybe with the abundance of broken shards now, they decided we did not need shards for AWs we had not researched yet.

That is the general understanding of it. It's possible this was always intended but they were yet to figure out the programming of it. In terms of broken shard abundance it is really only for those doing heavy tournaments or certain event buildings which only helps older players who got them and kept them.

Risen Malchiah

I love all these improvements except for this:
While I'm at the end of the tech tree, this doesn't affect me. But like others have said, being able to get a rune for a yet-to-be-unlocked wonder was one of the major perks of the fellowship chests that I relied on over the last few years. We get PLENTY of runes for our existing wonders from the individual province rewards.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Question with the change to runes for wonders in tournaments does this now mean a person in a fellowship in chapter 1 or early chapter 2 will get no runes from tournament chests?

My understanding (memory) from the prior system is they still got the runes but had to wait to unlock the tech to see them. If this is restricting them to runes they have unlocked then this would appear to say they get nothing.

That feels harsh and a bit backwards. Some clarification would be appreciated.

Pheryll

Set Designer
Question with the change to runes for wonders in tournaments does this now mean a person in a fellowship in chapter 1 or early chapter 2 will get no runes from tournament chests?

If I remember correctly, you can get the first two rune shards (Abyss and Tome) before unlocking the technology when you completed provinces. I assume a similar minimum function would be used for tournaments.

Deleted User - 4343124

Love the new features for Ancient Wonders and finally updating mobile so that mobile players can donate to Wonders belonging to other people.

However, as it's already been stated by other players, the changes for runes in tournaments is not an improvement. Getting rune shards for Wonders not yet unlocked was one of the reasons to play the tournament as a group (Edit: since I believe you get unlocked Wonder rune shards from completing tournament rounds but the chests had runes from any Wonder). I already get plenty of my unlocked Wonders from completing provinces and donating to other people's Wonders.

I've seen posts from other players in the past complaining about having excess runes for Wonders they have fully upgraded and this will probably only exacerbate the problem.

As for helping out beginning players, I can only speak to my experience but my limiting factor in building my first Wonder was not acquiring runes, but getting together the goods and finding the space to place it- though I had my Abyss built by the end of Chapter II, beginning of Chapter III.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kekune

If I remember correctly, you can get the first two rune shards (Abyss and Tome) before unlocking the technology when you completed provinces. I assume a similar minimum function would be used for tournaments.
I don't think so. I believe you simply don't get shards for completing provinces until you unlock the tech.

Mykan

Oh Wise One

No they get nothing, was watching a family member start a town in last couple months. The first tech unlocks the feature and the ability with the exception of donating to wonders and winning tournament chests.

For a new player starting a new wonder really isn't hard, they get runes from provinces and tournaments and when you only have 2 wonders its a 50/50 chance, so they gain them quick enough. Not to mention events turn up frequently enough to also provide runes as filler prizes.

Deleted User - 4366037

Has anyone tried donating to other players' AWs on mobile yet? I installed the update released yesterday that says "spend knowledge points on other players' ancient wonders and be greatly rewarded..." though it was still not not possible for me to donate to anyone's AW when I visit their city.

Crow Last Elf

I haven't been able to donate on mobile.
My version number is stated like this: Version 1.100.3-77ae46a-256 (us1.101) and I have not received a recent update through the PlayStore, so I don't think I have the new version yet.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I haven't been able to donate on mobile.
My version number is stated like this: Version 1.100.3-77ae46a-256 (us1.101) and I have not received a recent update through the PlayStore, so I don't think I have the new version yet.

No, you do not have the new update on mobile yet. If you did, it would say Version 1.101.5

If you only let your apps auto-update, you may need to go into the Store and check to see if there is an update waiting that you can manually start.

But I just checked in my game on mobile and I still do not have the ability to donate yet, even with the current version, so I guess we are still waiting for yet another update for that.

Socrates28

The new release was waiting for me so I am now on 101.5 on Android! Did not see the update on Amazon yet.
However, I still could not donate KP to another player. I tried twice and no option appeared.
I wonder if they have to update as well to do so.