• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Release Notes version 1.11

Meira the Kind

Many in my Fellowship are angry about this upgrade. I'm completely pissed. I was in the middle of researching in Fairy and wham! I had to go spend KP on wonders I have no intention of building. As many have said, if we had wanted them we would have researched them. I do not feel it is fair to shove these requirements down our throats like this. I used to spend actual money on this game. Not any longer. not one more penny. I only continue to play because the people in my fellowship are amazing and we have all connected and become a family. otherwise this game could ***** and I would go else where to find something to do on my work breaks. Very NOT well played Inno Games. NOT well played.
Missanthropy edited a vulgarity.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3220

Please, how do I tell what verison of Elvenar am I playing in?

DeletedUser2334

Dear Developers,
the use of the Summer Solstice to fix the problems you created, is not worth it. If I am going to spend real money on a game, I want to know what I am getting, not a 12% chance to get spells that I don't even use or a 9% chance to get shards that won't help me level up the few wonders that I think are useful. Maybe if all the rewards were at least partially beneficial, I might enjoy the Summer Solstice event.

I really liked the simplicity of this game at first and the focus on sensible rewards and challenges. The focus on ancient wonders, which take up rare space in my city, require difficult to achieve random drops, then require hundreds of kp to upgrade, has ruined my enjoyment of this game. I will no longer spend real money, because I don't think spending more will result in better game play or support positive developments to the game.

DeletedUser1590

• You can get Rune Shards from Tournaments
Not when no one in your sector participates in them you can't! I'm the only one who plays in my provinces, so reaching the rewards is 100% impossible. I, along with so very many pissed off paying players are ready to walk and the devs pretty much couldn't care less. Ridiculous *** business model.

DeletedUser594

As tempting as it is to lump a company into a unified conscious entity I know from many examples that parts of companies can make dumb decisions before other parts can stop them. Convoluted reasoning, individual designer ego, marketing myopia, or incomplete code that is "fixed" that changes the game flow all happen. The job of a good producer will catch a lot of these "meta" issues. But game companies are notorious sweat-shops and can have high turnover rate with new/young employees making decisions above their pay-grade :p

I think you've hit the nail on the head. There will always be changes in games, especially one this young, but HOW they introduce them to minimize flow disruption varies wildly based on the arm of the company you fall under. I would love to see a hierach
A couple items here..
. My only issue at the time was there was no real announcement IN the game of updates. I had to notice changes and then come to the forums to discover if they were important to me or not. (Actually still pretty much an issue)

Bingo. Sometimes even that is not enough- you may have to actively follow Beta forums to keep up. There should be in-game announcements for any change requiring a sort of retro-adjustment by players to keep current progress active.

My issue with the runes... once you have completed a wheel, it seems you can still receive more runes for that AW but cannot do anything with them? Can't we hit em with a hammer or something and make shards to add to the pile to apply to other AW's? - would be nice.
If you have a full rune wheel for a building you do not want, wait until you have some space, build it, sell it and get a new empty rune wheel that you can begin filling to at least get shards.

DeletedUser3610

• You can get Rune Shards from Tournaments
Not when no one in your sector participates in them you can't!
Thraxus Grymwulf, you actually can get runes from tournaments even if you are the only player participating in a province. You can't get the runes all participating players are given as a joint reward when reaching the last check point, but you can get the runes that are given as rewards for completing level 3 and 4 of the tournament in the first, second (and in the last tournament also in the third and fourth) province. I think there are also other runes in different levels of tournaments in more distant provinces (there is a table with all tournaments' provinces, levels and rewards posted here on the forum somewhere), but they are hard to reach and I never did get that far. I'm not sure if the runes for completing level 3 and 4 in the third and fourth province become a permanent feature from now on, but even if they don't, if you play once a day you can get at least 4 runes from every tournament without much effort (8 runes if the runes for completing level 3 and 4 in the third and fourth province become a permanent fixture). I mean, I can and you are much further into the game than I am so I'm sure it will be even easier for you.;) I know you have some serious and valid grievances about the game right now and this probably won't help a lot, but maybe a tiny little bit?:)

DeletedUser627

Let's say that a player reaches the end of Fairy, and decides that a Prosperity Tower is the Wonder they want to build. Once they complete the research, they have a 1:14 chance of earning the needed Rune. Between those odds, and the odds of breakage, it's easily probable they'll need 300 more Rune Shards before they can build the Tower - and that's with moderate luck

Even those of us who are trying to remain optimistic can't find a silver lining in this!

DeletedUser61

it's easily probable they'll need 300 more Rune Shards before they can build the Tower - and that's with moderate luck
  • You're ignoring the AW specific Runes that you can get by being one of the top few contributors in the type of AW that you want
  • Advanced users will have access to a lot more Tournaments, and the upcoming Move capability should liven up the Tournament scene
  • At the moment the weekly Tournament prizes are pretty chintzy, but they could get a lot more interesting once the active city distribution is fairer.
  • Contests just barely count, because if you do get some Runes you'd have a 1:14 chance of getting the Runes that you need next

DeletedUser1987

Ignoring the AW specific runes is reasonable, Katwijk, since the only players who will have these mysterious wonders at first are the few who were willing to pay for them. And then you have to be one of the lucky couple of people who donate the most KP to these buyers' wonders. No thanks! That's such a negligible chance that I don't even bother factoring it in for brand new wonders.

Tournament prizes are just as "chintzy" as contest prizes. you have a 1:14 chance of getting the runes that you need next in contests, and you also have a 1:14 chance of getting the runes that you need next in tournaments. Not sure why one barely counts, but the other could get a lot more interesting once the city distribution is fairer. Both of them are limited by being a 1:14 probability.

DeletedUser43

You're ignoring the AW specific Runes that you can get by being one of the top few contributors in the type of AW that you want

Oh gee. So I too can contribute 200 kp to a wonder to get one rune? Because that's how many it usually takes to get these stupid rune things. Or put it this way, I can run all over the world, give points to all my competitors, get nothing in return, all hoping that I just happen to be one of the top contributors so I can get one rune here and there? Or I can have a wonders swap thread with my fellows where we all contribute and then right at the end a team of sniper killers show up and snag all the runes?

These wonders suck an egg.

• Advanced users will have access to a lot more Tournaments, and the upcoming Move capability should liven up the Tournament scene

• At the moment the weekly Tournament prizes are pretty chintzy, but they could get a lot more interesting once the active city distribution is fairer.

If that does happen then the game will really depend on luck and won't be fair at all.

DeletedUser4112

Hi all, I think Elvenar Teams are great guys making this game a perfect match for everyone, cheers!!! ;) The new releases really improve the game alot!

DeletedUser4112

Hi BluePanda, Elven Ivory, I'm not Timon's Mom, I'm his Dad!

Yes Verron, I totally agree with you, there should be another forger building & Troy - the Hammer KIng, is there to forge new runes for Elvenar citizens! :p

DeletedUser4112

And I have just asked 5000 friends to play Elvenar! Oops..., I did it again! Yay, yay! :cool: