• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Release Notes version 1.11

DeletedUser1987

Endless Excavation (provides 500 supplies per province scouted) is a 5x4 building. That is HUGE. Take a look at my Khelonaar city. Do you really, really, really think that building a building that gives me 500 supplies every time I scout a province (which is once every few days because I'm spending my coins for scouting on other things) is useful for this city? Why was I required to unlock this stupid thing. I would maybe be willing to build the other wonder in this pair but someone just said it was bugged so guess not.

Yes, it's Inno's policy to make all research things mandatory after a while, but... seriously. One of the Wonders is broken, and you make researching it mandatory? That makes no sense.

Last edited by a moderator:

dikke ikke

inno, did the same with the magic academy, first it was optional, afterwards it became mandatory. So you could see this one coming. If you would check the beta forum from time to time you would see this one coming even more. I hear nobody complain that they had to go back to be able to join tournaments, a good way to get runes faster by the way. You have to unlock the AW's in the tech three, it is not a requirement to build them (yet). So if inno put something new in the tech three and you have to go back, just do it before it becomes mandatory. Shit happens :)

DeletedUser1987

Yes but why should it be required to research something which is actively broken? I would not build a game which requires people to research a building which is broken.

My point is that it's not reasonable to expect Inno to release the patch which makes them mandatory before it releases the patch which fixes them.

DeletedUser3040

I don't remember reading about it in any release notes, but while I was fighting just now a notification that my day farms' productions had finished popped up, which is pretty convenient. Maybe it's always been this way and I was just never in a battle when a production finished?

DeletedUser3040

didnt know that so that wonder dont work lol good i didnt built it lol
It's working fine for me. When you're in your barracks, the time to produce appears in green now, showing that it's been reduced a bit.

Maz Mellor

This isn't just whining on the forum. It's where the rubber meets the road. Active players, paying players, long-term players are frustrated and leaving. She's the only player still around that I know from when I started the game 11 months ago, and one of the ones who encouraged me with neighborly help and invited me to my first fellowship. The only thing fun about the game shouldn't be the other players. Give us things to work toward. Encourage us to stick around and open our pocket books. Don't make us stay IN SPITE OF the game.

One of my best players is now so frustrated with the AW research issue that she's considering quitting too. Verbatim quote: "I really don't like feeling like I'm being played for a sucker. And I've played enough games now to see the psychology involved." I'm trying to talk her into sticking around, but I can't say I don't see where she's coming from on this one. Our progress is interrupted, we have to sink KP into researching structures we don't want, and that research then makes it harder for us to get the rune shards to build the structures we DO want... Meanwhile, we "old-timers" are worse off in this respect than players who have just started, since they start getting rune shards for clearing provinces much earlier in the game. Sigh. Whatever is motivating Inno to do this (and do it this way), it sure is leaving a bad taste in the collective mouth.

Last edited:

DeletedUser2938

Inno does this repeatedly, #Spamm. I've theorized that they've decided to change the target demographic after initial release and evaluation...so they don't care how we respond. Otherwise, it's incomprehensible. They can't possibly be this ignorant of basic customer relations models, so the only remaining solution is that they want to replace us. The fact that the early game is being re-written fits this theory.
As tempting as it is to lump a company into a unified conscious entity I know from many examples that parts of companies can make dumb decisions before other parts can stop them. Convoluted reasoning, individual designer ego, marketing myopia, or incomplete code that is "fixed" that changes the game flow all happen. The job of a good producer will catch a lot of these "meta" issues. But game companies are notorious sweat-shops and can have high turnover rate with new/young employees making decisions above their pay-grade :p

DeletedUser61

With the tournaments going on we could use these "Extra troops" that we are losing because Inno hasn't fix this AW.
Because the developers couldn't get the Fairy Flying troop to do what they wanted, they're reworking the entire battle module. My guess is that the various boosts and some new spells are included in the mix. I want Fireballs!!

FIreballs.png

Maybe even the invisible troops will be fixed and some of the other bugs will be addressed. The combat engine has several problems, and the developers have said only that it was more complicated than they expected. If I heard that from my auto mechanic, I'd go read the fine print in my insurance policy.
What is your evidence for the best long-term investment?
I've been a Guild Leader in FoE for a couple of years, and I manage a Forge Point Club that has 35 members with daily contributions that are typically in the 2000 points per day range. Here's a recent snapshot for a TYPICAL day.

FPClub.jpg

Your comparisons and comments are like comparing apples to oranges
This is an apt analogy, and especially so if the Developers are making Apple wedges and you're arguing about the best way to peel Oranges.
when they will do more diamonds for same amount of money update like in beta
Probably never, so long as Beta is attracting plenty of participants. In Beta the Diamonds are a bit cheaper because folks NEED to hurry things along and get it tested in the 2 week window before the production release.

But in Beta the primary source of Diamonds in the payout that's provided when you're the first person to present a well documented report for a new bug.

DeletedUser1016

I hear nobody complain that they had to go back to be able to join tournaments, a good way to get runes faster by the way.
...the impact wasn't nearly as significant as having to build a 5x5 building [Magic Academy], which was a huge sacrifice of space for what folks didn't feel was worth it [rank or benefit]; and diluting the rune pool by forcing the research of all twelve [12] Ancient Wonders [AW], which it was difficult enough to get a reasonable variety of runes when only six [6] were researched...even then you got mostly Martial Monastery and Crystal Lighthouse [or human equivalent]....

So not even a close comparison?

Shit happens :)
........Hey moderator??????

DeletedUser43

It is absurd to force us to research broken things. The mercernary camp doesn't work. It is a 100% useless building at this time. Yet, it is mandatory. That wonder doesn't work. Yet it is mandatory. That is stupid. If the tech tree is going to be forced at every step, then why make it a tree? A decision tree implies decisions, yet we have fewer and fewer options.

Look...it is hard as hell to get anyone to stay in this game, why keep doing things that eliminate customers? I would think no matter who you are, you want to keep customers, right?

So, how can we focus on that as a goal?

DeletedUser1016

Because the developers couldn't get the Fairy Flying troop to do what they wanted, they're reworking the entire battle module. My guess is that the various boosts and some new spells are included in the mix. I want Fireballs!!

Well, something I enjoyed seeing by Katwijk...I love that graphic....

DeletedUser61

A decision tree implies decisions, yet we have fewer and fewer options.
The technology tree is a PERT chart, not a decision tree.
  • First you build the foundation
  • Then the walls
  • Then the roof
You simply can't do it the other way round, although you do have some sequencing freedom for the intermediate steps.

If you look closely, nearly all of the optional technologies are for City Expansions and Squad Sizes, rather than for new features.

dikke ikke

I don't know what is the problem with the magic academy, ok it is a bit bulky, but the spells, at least power of provision and magical manufacturing are useful

DeletedUser43

The problem is the space is useful-er than the academy. But there is a whole thread that discusses it, so I won't take this discussion off track here. Go check it out. :)

DeletedUser

I skipped the first AW research in chapter 2 as I was told it wasn't needed. Also the tree branch ended at that point. I've noticed it's changed.
I didn't skip to "race ahead"....I skipped due to advice I was given by a much more advanced player....

@Katwijk ... just because it comes to mind...doesn't mean it's true...

Are we playing Sluts Gone Wild???? whats with the pic of the barely concealed breasts?????

if this game allows the degradation of women...... there Will be hell to pay!

And i copy/pasted to the fb page......

dikke ikke

I know there is a tread on the magic academy, magic academy and ancient wonders are the top 2 things players in the forums complain about. If they would have investigated them when they came available (as I did and probably most players who don't have the problem to investigate then now) then there would not be so much noise about it. Now those who haven't investigated them have to chase 6 more different types of runes on top of the ones they are still chasing. For the moment I have only to chase 8 types of runes and I am almost half way, meaning I have 2 AW's build in my city, 1 is waiting for space and 1 is missing only 1 rune, that I will probably fill in with shards.
As I mentioned already multiple times, it is good to look for the release notes on the beta forum so you know what to expect when the next update arrives on the 'real play' servers. So I am waiting for the summer solstice :) because that is introduced on beta

DeletedUser2334

...the impact wasn't nearly as significant as having to build a 5x5 building [Magic Academy], which was a huge sacrifice of space for what folks didn't feel was worth it [rank or benefit]; and diluting the rune pool by forcing the research of all twelve [12] Ancient Wonders [AW], which it was difficult enough to get a reasonable variety of runes when only six [6] were researched...even then you got mostly Martial Monastery and Crystal Lighthouse [or human equivalent]....

ALSO has anyone noticed you can't sell back the magic academy??? Why not? I want to get rid of that stupid building for more valuable space and can't!

DeletedUser2334

I've been a Guild Leader in FoE for a couple of years, and I manage a Forge Point Club that has 35 members with daily contributions that are typically in the 2000 points per day range. Here's a recent snapshot for a TYPICAL day.

But in Beta the primary source of Diamonds in the payout that's provided when you're the first person to present a well documented report for a new bug.

Why do people keep talking about FoE and the Beta server? I'm playing Elvenar in the regular server and have no interest in playing or reading about the Beta server. I think the game mechanics of FoE are similar, but I don't play FoE, therefore these examples are of no help to me. Especially since your "KP" example in FoE is not even close to the same as in Elvenar (25 members would need to contribute 80 kp a day to reach 2,000, which is nearly impossible). Again, your talking apples and I'm talking about Elvenar.

We have a fellowship trading scheme, but since it takes 500 kp to level up and only the top contributors get bonuses, I have gotten relatively little benefit from sharing KP for wonders in Elvenar.