• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Release Notes version 1.12

DeletedUser51

Dear Humans and Elves,

Please use this thread to share your thoughts on the changes that come with the update to version 1.12.
We are looking forward to your feedback!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

DeletedUser1590

I have to say I find these request threads kind of annoying because it seems like no matter how much feedback we give about all the things we really hate (let alone merely dislike) we get absolutely no response in writing nor any change that reflects what we're complaining about. Why bother even posting these if it seems to us that all you're going to do is ignore us?

DeletedUser3575

Very little (if any) of this update addresses anything that has been discussed at length in feedback threads for the past couple updates. As @Thraxus Grymwulf says, one wonders if these feedback/discussion threads are even worth it if the feedback falls on deaf ears? Alas, I shall continue to hold out blind hope for improvement in the future, but expectations are going rapidly downhill (as is enjoyment of the game).

DeletedUser1036

• The Tournaments technology has been added to the core of the research tree

• So this means were going to have to do yet another retro KP block on the research tree?

DeletedUser61

Very little (if any) of this update addresses anything that has been discussed at length in feedback threads for the past couple updates.
This is a two way street.
  • If you look in the Confirmed/Archived sections of the US and Beta forums, you'll see PLENTY of feedback.
  • If you look at the Release Notes, there's been PLENTY of progress.
If we've never even discussed most of the material that's in the updates, then perhaps we need to refocus our attention on conversations that are more relevant to what the developers are worried about.

DeletedUser1987

See, I don't agree with that logic. The developers are creating a game for the players to play. Therefore, the developers should address problems that the player community discusses. So many top scoring players are quitting, because the developers are pursuing what they want to worry about. That should tell a great deal about the fact that what the developers are worried about does not matter.

DeletedUser3610

If we've never even discussed most of the material that's in the updates, then perhaps we need to refocus our attention on conversations that are more relevant to what the developers are worried about.
Huh? Why should we be concerned about what the developers worry about instead of what we worry about because it impacts us? That doesn't make any sense. Especially because the developers' and our objectives seem to be very different, sometimes even contrary to each other ...

DeletedUser3575

@BluePanda You'll get used to Katwijk's constant defense of the devs. The fact of the matter is that many players are discontent with the recent changes in the game's direction, and an increasing number of players are either quitting or speaking up. Listening to people who are speaking up (and therefore giving the company a chance to save customers) is a great way to stop players from leaving, but for some reason that doesn't seem to play into the Inno business model.

DeletedUser43

It is simple. Katwijk would much prefer a business without all the pesky customers.

When the devs pay me what they make for working on this game it will be a two way street or when Inno gives me a cut of this game I will worry about how this game affects them. Until then, we give them a way to make to MONEY and in exchange for that MONEY they give us a PRODUCT. That is how a business WORKS.

I have to say I find these request threads kind of annoying because it seems like no matter how much feedback we give about all the things we really hate (let alone merely dislike) we get absolutely no response in writing nor any change that reflects what we're complaining about. Why bother even posting these if it seems to us that all you're going to do is ignore us?

I completely agree. Especially since they always stay at the top of the discussion page. If we are never going to get any feedback, then just post the updates and leave us alone to gripe on threads. At least when we are talking to each other we don't have any false hope that anything is being heard.

It is really pretty awful to give feedback to someone who flat out ignores you. It is so disrespectful.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser61

when Inno gives me a cut of this game I will worry about how this game affects them
You're neglecting the Elephant in the Living Room.

It's quite likely that InnoGames knows quite a bit about effective game design. We have a surplus of Monday Morning Quarterbacks around here.

Helping to make the GAME better should be our mutual focus.

DeletedUser3575

Helping to make the GAME better should be our mutual focus.

Ah, but who decides what constitutes "better"? One would think the customers' opinions are the ones that matter in this instance. And yes, before you reply Katwijk, I know there are some players who are content with the game's direction, but from anything those players have said, it seems they wouldn't mind ANY changes and would just roll over every time a new restriction or barrier is placed in their way. Far more players (at least of the vocal sort) have voiced that they do NOT believe the game is being made better. That should be a major concern for the people developing the game. If the devs want a game THEY think is better, but isn't actually better for the customers playing it, why are they even in business? Plenty of hobbyist game devs out there.

DeletedUser43

Aiknami is right.

We offer help for the game until we are blue in the face. Just look at my avatar! The devs don't care about us as people, as human beings behind these keyboards. If anyone cared they would give us a little warning before doing things. They would treat people with common courtesy and say thank you sometimes. They would reply when suggestions were made.

They obviously want tons of turnover and ways to fleece people with broken promises while they are here. I'm not interested in making that system better. They offer contests with pretend prizes that are actually just sales gimmicks. I'm not going to make suggestions for better bait and switch models.

DeletedUser61

If the devs want a game THEY think is better, but isn't actually better for the customers playing it, why are they even in business?
You've answered your rhetorical question.
InnoGames is doing rather well because they ARE providing product that the players want.

The development process can be pretty messy, but I've been around construction and software developent for 40 years,
and I'm used to seeing things come together piece by piece.

DeletedUser43

• It is now possible to get missing Coins and Supplies for Encounters and to finish productions by spending some Diamonds
Here is what the devs think is a better game. You can now spend money to get the coins and supplies you don't have but should because their neighborhood system is totally broken.

Gee thanks! Gotta love these new "features".

• The Tournaments technology has been added to the core of the research tree

I so love not having any choices. Choices are so messy. Look how much the devs love us! They are taking away our stress of having to think about anything. Silly us. Thinking we wanted to do X instead.

DeletedUser3575

@Bobbykitty That one had me laughing out loud in the middle of my office. It's such a sad summary of exactly what is wrong with these "updates." Step 1: Acknowledge there is a problem. Step 2: Introduce "solution" requiring purchase. Step 3: ??? (usually "watch people leave the game or claim to listen to complaints"). Step 4: Profit. Or try to anyway. Harder to do with unhappy customers.

DeletedUser2411

more relevant to what the developers are worried about.

Kat,
You ask us to discuss things relevant to what the developers are worried about.

Is there someplace that the devs post what they are worried about? I would like to see their concerns.

DeletedUser627

On the thread discussing various types of players:

• Killers/Control Freaks like to dominate other people, particularly wanna be Achievers and Socializers
  • Killers/Control Freaks can't keep up with the real Achievers, who actually understand the subtleties of the game
  • Killers/Control Freaks hate the Explorers, who are dangerous when they get riled up

I tend to think of our devs as the passive-aggressive Killer types. Domination by power of withholding.

I'm reminded of my ex-husband, who used to "forget" to buy the healthy items from the grocery and then bring my favorite cookies to bed and eat them in front of me...

....just as now, we are cut off from coins but hey, we can spend our cash on encounters if we really want them...

DeletedUser61

Is there someplace that the devs post what they are worried about? I would like to see their concerns.
Sure - Go to https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?forums/release-notes.6/ and walk down the list.
  • Count the subjects that are discussed in the release notes.
  • How many of them were PREVIOUSLY discussed in the forum, with any specificity?
  • If we're discussing inconsequential subjects, then what are we offering to the developers that's worth their reading?
  • "Proving" that you're "right" for the umpteenth time, is just trolling.
Domination by power of withholding
You've got your stereotypes backwards.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser61

it's only inconsequential in the developers' opinions
But our challenge is to present the material SO EFFECTIVELY, that it DOES get on the developer's radar. It's not really about how stuff effects YOU, because you're a raindrop in the ocean and they may already understand that you'll be left holding the dirty end of the stick. Rather, the developers are interested in concepts that deliver a lot of benefit for a lot of players.

I've been harping, for more than a year now, about the damage that was being caused by the simplistic immigration algorithm that the developers had implemented. And I provided TONS of detailed data. You can well imagine how pleased I am that the developers are finally "doing something about it."

Now it gets interesting. What new wrinkles have the developers included, that I didn't anticipate, and will the Archive/Retrieve/Move capability "really" deliver the huge benefits that I expect?