• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Release Notes version 1.12

Maz Mellor

Ugh. The new icon in the top bar is so ugly! Is it really necessary for it to be a scull? I get disgusted every time I look at it ...*blergh* Plus I don't even need it yet (if it's the announced guest race goods icon which I can only surmise because it doesn't do anything for me ...) so why do I have to have it in my top bar? Please, at least change it into something else!

Pretty sure that's a tree, not a skull! It's the Elvenar logo. See, like at the top of this page. :) Assuming you were talking about the new Settlement Resources icon, that is.

DeletedUser1987

I get that it is supposed to be the Elvenar icon, however, at that size, you cannot see the branches at all. I suggest that the icons are made a tiny bit bigger. If you remove the arrows underneath them, which I would interpret to mean that something happens when you click them which is not true, so there's really no reason for the arrows to be there, you'll get extra space to expand the icons, and those few extra pixels should make the logo look a lot more tree like.

Basically BluePanda made me spend a lot of the time viewing my computer screen at different distances and I have to agree that unless you are really close the logo looks more like a skull than a tree. Even when you know it is supposed to be a tree.

DeletedUser61

but now those choices have been taken away...
Rather than allowing a SINGLE choice that will eliminate an entire section of the game, a well balanced game will present you with viable choices at EVERY turn. There won't BE any "obvious" best choices nor any horrible choices.

I'd go even further and suggest that the game is intentionally and increasingly chaotic, using the specifically mathematical definition for strange attractors, so that small changes in timing and inventory can cause seemingly random jumps to other portions of the state diagram. Strange attractors have a nice consistent overall pattern, but goodness only knows what's going to happen next.

The Rally Point is a marvel of chaotic design, and it's production patterns must be driving the spreadsheet gurus nuts. There AREN'T any reliable production patterns; that's a fundamental characteristic of chaotic systems. See http://www.stsci.edu/~lbradley/seminar/attractors.html

DeletedUser2191

Rather than allowing a SINGLE choice that will eliminate an entire section of the game, a well balanced game will present you with viable choices at EVERY turn. There won't BE any "obvious" best choices nor any horrible choices.

The last few updates that have been implemented have only left us with ONE choice, research the technology or game over. How is only having one way to proceed a viable choice? Having a choice usually means there is more than one option, sometimes 3 or 4. With all this technology becoming mandatory, it leaves us with one choice if we want to reach the end of chapter 8, research it or quit the game.

Seriously, set aside your formulae, your algorithms, charts and what not, step down a few notches from your high horse, do you not see how the developers are ticking off a lot of people which is causing them to leave, causing them to stop spending.

Not one of your mathematical, scientific calculations, charts of whatever is going to stop people from quitting or encourage them to spend money when the players are ignored and slapped in the face every 2 weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser511

I'm thinking you need to switch to Decaf. The Rally point is nothing more then a manufacturing facility which depending on your choice of production requires goods to produce what you desire out of the four choices available (kinda set in stone, you only have 4 choices).
PLus WAY to big.

DeletedUser61

f you were my project manager after the second team meeting you would be fired.
One of us probably would be, yeah, and Big D architects are a dime a carload.

I distinctly remember a Big D architect who simple didn't understand why the Design Build contractor was so upset about the pod skin,
which was "just your standard tilted truncated cone."

Courthouse.jpg

DeletedUser2061

U guys seemed to be so worried about little symbols they added, stuff that's not the main issue's! what about what i posted earlier???

I don't know about this whole thing about paying to complete factory's and workshops progress now with diamonds! doesn't that defeat the whole purpose of the game? and how it takes time and hard work to build a big city, there were some restrictions without being able to pay with diamonds like before? This is a free to play game! but now like the rest of the free to play games i used to play! Its a free 2 pay play game that just became PAY TO WIN on every level and part of the game now! That's was the theme of the game that INNO/ELVENAR even said in there videos it takes time and hard work and dedication to build yourself a great big city the way you want and even said that's one the best parts about the game is getting through the challenges etc...! Now its full PAY TO WIN ON EVERY LEVEL NOW! No hard work anymore or dedication! You can just BUY yourself a city now right of off the get go! How come nobody's talking about that and are talking about the couple symbols they added up top! I cant be the only that feels this way???

Also Like Bobbykitty said there totally ignoring our feed back on want the community wants to see in the next updates etc. They Say in there message WE CANT WAIT TO HEAR YOUR GUYS FEEDBACK TO HELP US!! Give you guys feed back and hear want the community whats to see. But every Patch with all the feed back they get! its always what INNO/ELVENAR wants! which is now a Full on PAY 2 WIN Game that's Free 2 play. Read that last part back and think about it. Quite doesn't make sense does it?

DeletedUser3575

@Fury247 We HAVE been saying it's going in a "pay to win" direction, for weeks or more. You say it "defeats the whole purpose of the game" and I agree - from a player standpoint. It becomes increasingly clear that the devs feel the "purpose of the game" is solely to make money, and that's why it's going that direction. Paid expansions to fit the giant junk buildings we don't want but have to have? Paying to hurry wait times? Buying moon splinters is the only way to get the final prize in the Solstice? We see it, and we say it, you're definitely not the only one that feels this way!

And yup, they ask for feedback they don't want to hear. But we gotta keep trying...

DeletedUser1987

The truly ironic thing is that, if they hadn't dropped the magic academy required roadblock in my way on the solstice festival quests, I might have been tempted to buy moon splinters to finish unlocking a grand prize towards the end of the festival, depending on how close I was. But by dropping that roadblock in the way... I'll be lucky to unlock the first prize just by doing the daily quest every day. I have no interest in spending money on something to bypass the fact that I don't have a building that is currently not finished and not worth building. The devs will not get my money to pay for their failing to make the Magic Academy viable for me.

DeletedUser1987

It might be pay to win, but I am not sure that even a whale would be willing to pay to win in THAT way. Part of the challenge of this game is that even with money, you still have to progress through the research tree and take time to build everything.

Pay to upgrade buildings instantly without saving up the required gold? Pay to place free, current research tree level residences and workshops? That goes beyond pay to win, and into taking the challenge away from the whales. I'm not sure how much this new feature will be used, even though on the face of it it's pay to win. It basically means that after the whales do this they will be sitting at the top with nothing to do, and that... to me, that's boring. Even if I was a whale who could pay for all the culture buildings and diamonds to upgrade my wonders, I would not pay for this.

I mean, there are whales on Khelonaar. They have tons of premium culture buildings, level 5 builder's huts, some even have level 5 Magic Academies. And yet, they obviously don't spend diamonds on everything they could spend diamonds on. I see their buildings upgrading, so they are obviously not spending diamonds to instant upgrade their buildings. This indicates that they enjoy the challenge of waiting for resource bars to fill up, waiting on their builders to finish building before building the next thing. I don't see the people who don't fork over cash to instant complete building upgrades forking over the cash to buy coins and supplies.

DeletedUser61

This indicates that they enjoy the challenge of waiting for resource bars to fill up, waiting on their builders to finish building before building the next thing.
There's actually a nice middle ground, that has many redeeming features.
BUDGET for a certain amount of Diamonds each month, and stick to your budget.
  • The game will move along a bit more quickly
  • Your score will be a bit higher
  • The InnoGames programmers will get a paycheck
  • Most of the challenges will be preserved
It's the spur of the moment premium purchases that cause the problems.

qaccy

@Fury247 We HAVE been saying it's going in a "pay to win" direction, for weeks or more. You say it "defeats the whole purpose of the game" and I agree - from a player standpoint. It becomes increasingly clear that the devs feel the "purpose of the game" is solely to make money, and that's why it's going that direction. Paid expansions to fit the giant junk buildings we don't want but have to have? Paying to hurry wait times? Buying moon splinters is the only way to get the final prize in the Solstice? We see it, and we say it, you're definitely not the only one that feels this way!

And yup, they ask for feedback they don't want to hear. But we gotta keep trying...

If someone wants to spend literally thousands of dollars to 'win' at Elvenar, why not? Meanwhile, I'll be over here continuing to play normally, having fun watching my city grow over time and not really caring about those people, if they even exist. I mean, what effect does their buying and using diamonds have on my city, or anyone else's?

DeletedUser627

If someone wants to spend literally thousands of dollars to 'win' at Elvenar, why not? Meanwhile, I'll be over here continuing to play normally, having fun watching my city grow over time and not really caring about those people, if they even exist. I mean, what effect does their buying and using diamonds have on my city, or anyone else's?

None, except for:

• The posted rankings
  • The rank score points awarded to Tournament winners. We all know the whales who are buying their wins week after week...and since the rank score points are limited, they're in effect putting those points out of reach for the rest of us. It's a pretty direct effect.
But really...Elvenar doesn't have respect for upper level whales. They knowingly ran off the first pod of spenders! The overall strategy now seems to be to get as much money as possible from new players.

I wrote a post earlier tonight, illustrating the plight of a pre-Dwarven Archmage. He followed the "new" path with the Wonders and MA, and now has a city approaching Dwarven that won't even begin to be able to implement the Dwarven elements as they are researched. He's a committed player whose efforts have yielded a weak city - it's really sad.

Now in this thread I read this bit about "magic buildings" beginning in Dwarven - where players can spend diamonds to automatically place buildings of a particular age. OMG!!!!! If the "fleece the players" wasn't obvious before, it's blatant now. First they misdirect them, in order to get them to buy Runes and Expansions...then when their cities are necessarily too weak to pay for upgrades, those can be purchased too.

DeletedUser2753

History_Speeches_6001_Titanic_Survivor_Eyewitness_still_624x352.jpg

I am so surprised that everyone is worried about the next release. This is the Titanic and Kat is selling the story that we just need 4 x the number or musicians then lookouts and it will be a safe passage, the company says full speed ahead and the crew decides to have a sale on martinis and lifeboats.
When They offer a way to transfer all your goods and supplies for diamonds to a new game called "World Of Chaos" It will be to late. Oh d..m this is already ..........

This was a City Building game now it is
cha·os
ˈkāˌäs/
noun
noun: chaos; plural noun: chaoses
complete disorder and confusion.
"snow caused chaos in the region"
synonyms: disorder, disarray, disorganization, confusion, mayhem, bedlam, pandemonium, havoc, turmoil, tumult, commotion, disruption, upheaval, uproar, maelstrom;
muddle, mess, shambles, free-for-all;
anarchy, lawlessness, entropy;
informal
hullabaloo
, hoopla, train wreck, all hell broken loose
"police were called in to quell the chaos"
antonyms: order
  • Physics
    behavior so unpredictable as to appear random, owing to great sensitivity to small changes in conditions.

DeletedUser3694

Okay, I get that people are frustrated, but in no way is this game anything compared to an actual tragedy that killed over 1500 people.