• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Release Notes version 1.13

maeter75

Looking at the numbers comparing my level 14 residences to magic ones. My residences give me 370 population and 111 ranking points. The magic ones only give me 250 population and 64 ranking points. Why so low? What's the point of this residence if it doesn't even live up to what you are promising? I would feel extremely cheated buying that. You would think that it would be even slightly better than the highest possible residence in your current chapter.

I am hoping its a bug with the update since it sure sounds like it isn't a strong item to purchase

DeletedUser1208

I see that the Needles of the tempest wasn't fixed with this update like it said it was going to be. Thanks

DeletedUser2447

Thanks for the latest update. I'm very pleased with the increased population on the houses and the fact that all the wonderful prices from the solstice have now become clickable culture, Thanks to Elvenar developers for a stunning game. Hope it keeps all the whining at bay for a while at least:). Really looking forward to the big move on the map

DeletedUser3297

Posts were merged and a warning for multi-posting was issued.
I am hoping its a bug with the update since it sure sounds like it isn't a strong item to purchase

I am willing to bet that they are basing it off of the chapter you are in when it should be based off of the current tech you unlocked. I can upgrade mine to level 15 (some already are) and I am only in chapter 3 and apparently no more house upgrades till Dwarves, that's a very long time away. But the magic house should be at least marginally better than a level 15 house to make it worth the purchase.

I also really love the fact that the Solstice buildings can now be helped. But why did you guys put the helping hand in the middle of the Father Tree? All the other hands are at the top of the cultural buildings, but the prettiest one to look at you all made it ugly by covering it with that hand :/

Last edited by a moderator:

WolfSinger

@kayleegrrl - I believe you are correct in thinking they are basing it off of the chapter you are in.

The level 8 magic house I can purchase (being in chapter 8) gives me 1710 pop and 451 ranking points vs 900 pop and 382 ranking points for a level 21 residence (max level at this stage). A very nice increase in pop and a reasonable increase in ranking points.

DeletedUser3610

I see that the Needles of the tempest wasn't fixed with this update like it said it was going to be.
Can I ask what the problem with Needles of the Tempest is? I'm genuinely curious.

DeletedUser1208

There is no bonus train speed from the needles of the tempest. This Has been going on since the AW first came out. They have know about the problem and told me they would fix it. So We are losing troops because of it. The training times are "correct" on the screen. But the "Actually training time are not". I have raise my needles to lv 4 and the training time still hasn't dropped.

I just upgraded it to level 2 and there is no difference in training speed. I though there was no difference when I built it to begin with.
Sword 3 1:07 before. Now is the same
Archer 2 1:07 before. Now is the same
Treant 2 1:23 before. Now is 1:22
Golem 3 2:17 before. Now is 2:16
Sorceress 2:50 before. Now is the same.
I takes me 2:50 to train 39 sorceress. It should take me 2:19 after the 18% increase training speed.
So there hasn't been no increase in training with building this Aw. I have more screenshots of each troop type.

DeletedUser3610

There is no bonus train speed from the needles of the tempest.
Oh, that sucks.:( It's good to know though so thank you for replying. I was considering building it when I get all the rune shards for it, but I won't if it doesn't work right. Is this happening to everyone? I'm wondering because I don't remember seeing anyone else mention it on the forum.

DeletedUser1017

I'm in the Orc chapter, and I'm wondering how effective the magical workshops are. It says they are significantly more productive than regular workshops, but can we get some specifics? Maybe I don't know where to look, but I haven't found this anywhere. A level 18 workshop at 100% culture gives me 7,200 supplies on 9 hours. Any comparison to what an orc magical workshop would produce at these factors?

DeletedUser3613

The new ability to be able to click on a piece of your own culture and see a popup of its associated blurb is useless and a waste of any development effort it might have taken. The hover gives more, and better, information than the popup does.
What is really needed is an enhancement to the hover when you're in Neighbour Help mode in someone else's city : just include the hovered-over item's culture value somewhere. Please!! Especially now that the Event prizes/rewards have been made polishable.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Looking at the numbers comparing my level 14 residences to magic ones. My residences give me 370 population and 111 ranking points. The magic ones only give me 250 population and 64 ranking points. Why so low? What's the point of this residence if it doesn't even live up to what you are promising? I would feel extremely cheated buying that. You would think that it would be even slightly better than the highest possible residence in your current chapter.
That's strange, my level 14 would also be 370, but magic gives 700. I'm in chapter 5 BTW

DeletedUser2870

Yes, will the magic residence grow along with the others? be able to upgrade? I mean, if the pop provided is dependant on the culture, it would mean that one can suddenly drop below the level needed for the present buildings at times, what then?

DeletedUser3297

What is really needed is an enhancement to the hover when you're in Neighbour Help mode in someone else's city : just include the hovered-over item's culture value somewhere. Please!! Especially now that the Event prizes/rewards have been made polishable.

I agree! Especially since some premium cultural buildings that provide more culture than a lot of Solstice ones, but everyone seems to think the Solstice ones are the best right now. Hey I like my garden, but please polish my seasnake instead..

DeletedUser2870

I'm in the Orc chapter, and I'm wondering how effective the magical workshops are. It says they are significantly more productive than regular workshops, but can we get some specifics? Maybe I don't know where to look, but I haven't found this anywhere. A level 18 workshop at 100% culture gives me 7,200 supplies on 9 hours. Any comparison to what an orc magical workshop would produce at these factors?

I'm in the orc chapter on the dutch server. I got myself one magical workshop there. My culture lvl is 175%.
And yes there is a significant difference.

Regular workshop lvl 20 vs magical workshop lvl 8
447 -- / 5 min -- 849
1089 -- / 15 min -- 2069
2870 -- / 1 hour -- 5543
5565 -- / 3 hour -- 10570
9625 -- / 9 hour -- 18288
14088 -- / day -- 26775

Last edited by a moderator:

qaccy

There is no bonus train speed from the needles of the tempest. This Has been going on since the AW first came out. They have know about the problem and told me they would fix it. So We are losing troops because of it. The training times are "correct" on the screen. But the "Actually training time are not". I have raise my needles to lv 4 and the training time still hasn't dropped.

I just upgraded it to level 2 and there is no difference in training speed. I though there was no difference when I built it to begin with.
Sword 3 1:07 before. Now is the same
Archer 2 1:07 before. Now is the same
Treant 2 1:23 before. Now is 1:22
Golem 3 2:17 before. Now is 2:16
Sorceress 2:50 before. Now is the same.
I takes me 2:50 to train 39 sorceress. It should take me 2:19 after the 18% increase training speed.
So there hasn't been no increase in training with building this Aw. I have more screenshots of each troop type.

There is an effect, as you noted with treants and golems. The issue is just that it's merely added on to the up to 1156% bonus from your barracks, not multiplied with it. A 25% training speed increase from the AW becomes 1181% when added to a maxed out barracks, not 1445% as it would if it was a multiplier. Indeed the effect is small, but it is actually working properly. It certainly would be nice for it to be rebalanced to have a larger effect though. :) If acting as a multiplier doesn't work, perhaps just increasing the power of the increase so that it's more noticable?

I'm also curious if we can have some elaboration on what 'rebalancing' was done to 'certain guest race buildings'. What was changed, and why was it deemed necessary if it's really as small of a change as the announcement claims?

DeletedUser1208

They "Know there is a issue with the training speed bonus". I can't talk about "The Things in here". Because it's against the rules. They are supposed to fix it. If you actually watch your training times. You will see that it takes longer to train troops.

DeletedUser3575

Sounds like the training times will be adjusted when the battle system overhaul is launched. According to the Inno TV episode this month, rebalancing the effect of armories and Wonders on training times will be included in the first phase of the new system.

DeletedUser1390

For me, Neighborly Help of a Solstice building only appears afters a reload.

DeletedUser43

How about for once someone tries to fix functionality of this dang game instead of all these useless updates? I am sick to death of playing this game in the sludge during tournaments when the servers are overloaded and having to clear my cache after every battle is ridiculous. Now I just fight most of the time on a pitch black screen with invisible enemies who move on a grid with zero hexagons. And of course I do all this while sick and exhausted because whoever set the tournament schedule is a sadistic monster.