• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Release Notes version 1.13

DeletedUser2870

Posts were merged and a warning for multi-posting was issued.
How about for once someone tries to fix functionality of this dang game instead of all these useless updates? I am sick to death of playing this game in the sludge during tournaments when the servers are overloaded and having to clear my cache after every battle is ridiculous. Now I just fight most of the time on a pitch black screen with invisible enemies who move on a grid with zero hexagons. And of course I do all this while sick and exhausted because whoever set the tournament schedule is a sadistic monster.

And at first I thought I was the only one with constantly invisible grids and invisible opponents (and sometimes invisible units of my own thrown in as well). I blamed it on having to use my spare pc (and an older one at that), but using a newer one again doesn't make one whit of difference.

Closing the browser, clearing the cache and then restarting the game to resume the battle is a pretty common thing and a bloody good way to make sure I don't do so very often. Especially since the odds are on the far side of impossible in the regular provinces anyway.

Yes yes a thousand times yes!
YESYESYES indeed.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser43

And at first I thought I was the only one with constantly invisible grids and invisible opponents (and sometimes invisible units of my own thrown in as well). I blamed it on having to use my spare pc (and an older one at that), but using a newer one again doesn't make one whit of difference.

Closing the browser, clearing the cache and then restarting the game to resume the battle is a pretty common thing and a bloody good way to make sure I don't do so very often. Especially since the odds are on the far side of impossible in the regular provinces anyway.

You are not alone. I have a new computer too. If the game can't run without us doing all of that every five minutes, then the game is defective, not us.

DeletedUser3312

ng at the numbers comparing my level 14 residences to magic ones. My residences give me 370 population and 111 ranking points. The magic ones only give me 250 population and 64 ranking points. Why so low?

Has this been answered yet? I'm not about to buy one if this is all they do! sheesh!!!

DeletedUser3871

What browser do you use. I don't know about IE/Microsoft Edge, chrome or anyother. However in firefox you can go to advanced options and Override automatic cache management. You can then set your own amount which you feel is suitable for your needs. Also there is a clear cache option next to it. You can clear it without closing the browser

DeletedUser2870

I tried different browsers. Doesn't seem to make much of a difference. Chrome, Opera, Firefox, even IE.
And yes, I know I can do that in Firefox, but I don't really like that browser. Point is, when I start my pc, start the browser and go to the game I really expect to be able to play more than 2 or 3 battles without having all kinds of weird things happening. I can clear the cache, but frankly, I find that answer completely unsatisfactory since memory/cachesize is definitely not the problem. If it were I would also expect problems with browsergames that require much more than the simple graphics and AI algorithms of the elvenar battles. Since I seem to have no such problems even if I leave the pc on for days, except with elvenar I seriously doubt it's the cache/refreshing that is the problem.

DeletedUser3312

Since I seem to have no such problems even if I leave the pc on for days, except with elvenar I seriously doubt it's the cache/refreshing that is the problem.

do you clear out your flash drive?

DeletedUser2870

Actually, I have some maintenance programs running that automatically clear just about everything regularly.
But like I said, if elvenar is the only game where this is an issue. when browsergames with much higher demands on graphics and memory run smoothly I am not putting much stock in in the problem being my pc/clearing habits etc.

DeletedUser3871

And yes, I know I can do that in Firefox, but I don't really like that browser.

Total opposite for me. I think it is better than Chrome, IE and Opera. I haven't used Opera for years so don't know what it is like now.

DeletedUser3312

my preference is Chrome yellow. there are several different chromes out there.

DeletedUser594

I wish I had thought to mention this in the survey but we keep getting bonuses on troop training size as with the new orc AW's which has little effect for me as I get on every day and don't need a 30 hour queue. Until there is a corresponding AW that makes troop training faster your just adding numbers to the bottleneck of troops in the barracks.

DeletedUser43

I wish I had added a sentence about the orc era. I understand they want things to take longer, but the orc chapter has such long times while you are waiting to collect stuff that people are only signing in once a day for a few minutes. That in turn is causing fellowship chat to be mostly silent. And that is causing people to lose ties to each other....and that, fyi, is what keeps a lot of players here....fellowship.

DeletedUser2870

@ Bobbykitty
I did mention it in the survey. Even though I'm only into the dwarven chapter here I added quite a bit in the last box where they were asking for additional comments

DeletedUser3575

I tried to pick my battles with the survey, and used the extra comments box more to focus on as much of the big picture as I could without calling out every complaint I have. My biggest highlight was my worry about having to tear down so much of my city to accommodate Orcs when I get there, which as many have said here seems counter-intuitive in a city builder game, but I'm kicking myself for not saying something about the slow downs too. I'm a little into Dwarves and have already felt the brakes start to slam, and often wonder if it's the right time to bail before I get any slower!

DeletedUser1016

I tried different browsers. Doesn't seem to make much of a difference. Chrome, Opera, Firefox, even IE.

I use apple products, so with my iMac I use Firefox...I have ever since I started playing this game...and RARELY have I had an issue....the game works really well under this scenario.

I'm a little into Dwarves and have already felt the brakes start to slam, and often wonder if it's the right time to bail before I get any slower!

The Fairy chapter is much nicer...I don't feel it's as slow or as frustrating as the orc chapter. The orc/goblin chapter has a lot more issues then just being slow....

DeletedUser3575

@osideglen Despite reading a lot of forum posts and all the wiki information, I'm still not really sure what to expect in Fairies, so it's nice to know it's not the worst. Obviously so much of the discussion lately has been focused on "what is the worst guest race in the game and why is it orcs", and I've kinda gotten tunnel-visioned about the long term future of my city. There are SO many issues it's hard to decide which will be the one that makes me finally quit. I'm hoping the answer is "none of the above" because by the time I get there, I hope hope HOPE all the problems are a bit better sorted!

DeletedUser3312

I have not read negatives on the fairy chapter and am looking forward to it. Dwarves is not really horrible either just a bit tedious. It seems from posts that Orcs are the migraine maker that frustrate so many. Like you, I hope that by the time I get there, a lot of this crap is fixed! I truly feel sorry for the people that are having to deal with it at this time. I have really slowed down my play as I am putting it off as long as possible. In fact I have placed my first AW and am using some of my KP to build it rather than advance along the tree.

DeletedUser1987

I'm personally wishing that I had realized this was designed by a European company before I had gotten into this game and fallen love with it. Stereotypically, the concept that customer feedback is a holy grail which must be followed is more of an American thing than an outside the US thing. Companies outside the US tend to follow a more "either like it and buy it or don't like it and get out" mentality, more frequently than not. I can just imagine devs taking feedback that we are imagining we are giving them to make the game better, going "oh, it isn't overwhelmingly positive" and discarding it, because they're more conditioned to ignore constructive criticism. Which really defeats the whole purpose of feedback.

Now I'm stuck with it, at least until it gets to the point where I can't progress without paying money on more than an occasional premium expansion (I'm sticking to my one premium expansion per main hall upgrade whether they like it or not). If I ever reach that point, I'll quit. Sadly, with the massive boost in production between magic workshops and normal workshops, and the massive quantities of supplies required in orcs, I'm scared that might be when I reach the orcs chapter if the devs don't stop looking at raw numbers and start looking at how the numbers relate to building size, and also population and culture required per building.

DeletedUser61

the concept that customer feedback is a holy grail which must be followed is more of an American thing
At least that's what the advertising implies. Try giving any chain store "feedback" about the products that they should carry.

You may want to give the following AMERICAN articles a quick read
"The customer is always right" has never been more than an advertising fiction.
Try changing your mind and taking stuff back to the grocery store sometime.

DeletedUser43

Last edited by a moderator: