• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Release Notes version 1.15

DeletedUser115

Dear Humans and Elves,

We would like to hear your feedback regarding our upcoming release to version 1.15.
We look forward to hearing from you!

Kind Regards,
Your Elvenar Team

DeletedUser1349

Don't freak out folks. This too will pass. Change is always good! Inno hears your pleas even though many posters claim that they don't cuz they do not get personal responses. If the battles are too unbalanced, Inno will adjust. The ride might be a bit bumpy for the next few weeks.

Remember to burn up your soldier stockpiles before Wednesday, cuz although they will still work, they will be worth much less on a individual soldier basis. We will be training larger squad sizes at the same cost (more or less).

While you are learning how to win at the new battles and building up your new army, remember you can negotiate.

As always STRESS YOUR TECH TREE!

Good Luck to all!

DeletedUser3610

Change is always good!
:rolleyes:No, if the change is for the worse then it's decidedly not good.
Inno hears your pleas even though many posters claim that they don't cuz they do not get personal responses.
People don't claim Inno doesn't hear their pleas because they don't get personal responses. They claim Inno doesn't hear their pleas because Inno in fact doesn't hear their frakking pleas, i.e. doesn't listen to them at all (case in point: the new battle system). Do you understand the difference?
If the battles are too unbalanced, Inno will adjust.
There's no reason to think so. In fact, after they have decided to bring the new battle system to the live servers despite all the valid complaints they received about it in the beta forum there's every reason to think they won't.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser198

I would like to refer all interested parties to these 2 threads on the beta forum:

Behind the Scenes: Battle Redesign

The New Battle System Is Terrible!

Those not having he time and/or patience to read these threads fully, underneath you will find a 'friendly' summary of the opinions of the beta players about the new battle system:

The new battle system is very unbalanced and should undergo a serious revision before being introduced on the live servers.

Personal note:
Since the new battle system will be installed as it is right now, with no future improvements announced yet, I would encourage everyone to conquer as many provinces as they can before the update takes place - or start building a whole lot more manufactories so that you will at least be able to negotiate new provinces for your province expansions.

DeletedUser1016

Well, we will see after Wednesday how many advanced, none paying & conservative spending players find it worth staying? I think these will be the groups that are most affected. New players won't know the difference, and most changes don't affect "high" paying players. For me, I don't spend, so I'll stick around and see if these changes are workable, but if I hit a wall and can't progress, then the game has lost all value as a building game. So there will be no incentive to play.

Hopefully it will work out, but if not, it will be a shame because I do enjoy the visiting races that are introduced [well, except for orcs/goblins, which are soon to be replaced]. If I can't build and fit the new race buildings in, it won't be worth progressing.

DeletedUser43

The latest information is that they no longer will allow non paying customers to progress very far in the game. Either you buy expansions, or you won't much room for a city. Part of the new battle system is to put a cap on any progress of ALL customers. It doesn't matter how advanced you are. Pay or you can't have much of a city.

Those of you who want to stay, conquer all you can now, because they are ending what they call a "free ride" by us. This update brings the fighting cap....they call it a fighting upgrade, but really it means a cap. They are blocking most progress that people made fighting. That still leaves negotiating....if you are past the orc limitation....but not for long. We will be capped there too soon. If you are not past the orc limitation...well...you are basically SOL now.

This new change will affect every single one of us. So far, I haven't met a player of any level who can win a fight on the world map on beta. They are asking for more feedback about the fighting system there and yet, they are bringing it here.

Very depressing times ahead. Get your friend's email addresses now.

On the plus side, we have a fun drinking game going....take a drink every time someone says "I quit" after this update. Cheers all!!

Mykan

Oh Wise One
It is possible to win battle when at the "correct" level of expansion but it is difficult. How much of that is the learning curve and how much is the new system is still hard to tell. You will most likely need to update any military techs that become available before attempting your fights. You used to be able to skip the odd squad size upgrade and still progress, this is no longer the case as you will need those increases.

The rate of troop deaths and building up enough troops to battle also impacts testing of the new system at the "correct" level. Building troops favours the more active player now due to fast build times so you cant set very long queues when sleeping/working.

Significant patience will be needed with this update. If you are ahead of the "correct" level of expansion you will need patience for the tech level to catch up to your expansion level and potentially with reorganising your town to fit in new buildings with only tech or premium expansions. If you are at the "correct" level of expansion you will need patience to learn the new system and if it is imbalanced to wait for an update to correct the imbalance which could take weeks.

All the best to everyone and their fellowships.

DeletedUser43

It is possible to win battle when at the "correct" level of expansion but it is difficult.

That is a big issue. The "correct" level of expansion was surpassed by most of us on day one. The game is boring and barely worth playing with the "correct" level expansions.

The "correct" level of provinces cleared is whatever the little chests wanted you to have to open a chapter, no more, no less. If you are facing armies larger than your own, you are too far "ahead".

The "correct" level of expansions leaves you a very tiny tiny grid.

DeletedUser43

Chapter by chapter:
If you are in chapter 2 the correct number of provinces cleared is 10 when you start the chapter up to 30 when you finish.
Chapter 3 30-50
Chapter 4 50-70
Chapter 5 70-100
Chapter 6 100-130
Chapter 7 130-160
Chapter 8 160-?

If you want to know how many provinces you have cleared, go to your builders and hover your mouse over the province expansions and it will show you how many you cleared so far. Or you can hover your mouse over any of the advanced scouts in the tech tree and it shows you how many you have completed.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
@WolfSinger The responses from Bobbykitty above answer your question nicely. The only clues we have to "correct" level is the chests and that scout times are meant to be less then 24 hours.

@Bobbykitty The expectation is that the upper limit at the end of orcs is 190 chests, as observed from an inno tv episode. Granted as this isn't in beta yet the number could still change through the various implementation phases but one would expect it to be fairly close to that. I would be surprised if it was over 200.

It is possible to build a town (with wonders and MA) within the expansions provided by staying close to the chest provinces. It is a challenege though and with the new guest race and culture buildings needing roads this will be quite interesting to see how it plays out.