• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Release Notes version 1.21

DeletedUser4778

Loading the world map today took so long that I still haven't finished visiting the neighbors who visited me 2 hours later. The diamond offer upon each login is seriously irritating. This is why we need an easier way to make visits like a neighbors list the same way we have a fellows list. This is why the devs should focus on fixing the game instead of adding new glitches and slowness.

EDIT: Tourney just ended. The Heroes' Forge rune reward is ridiculous when many players aren't in the Orcs chapter. They should have given a more useful rune, i.e. tied to the chapter a player is in. Also, the tourney rewards messed up my relics count in terms of boost and needed # of relics to get the next boost, e.g. my gems boost now shows 0% and 6 needed when it should be 644% and 11 needed. This update really has slipshod coding. Let's not even talk about exclamatory research anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2870

@Katwijk I know where I can find the sequensing.
I just do not see the logic behind it.
When just talking about units with the same initiative, sometimes theirs move before mine, sometimes not. Sometimes its alternate, sometimes all theirs move before mine.
But generally, it seems stacked hugely against the players. And if Im just halfway chapter 3 and stay in the GZ zone its ridiculous to have to face mistwalkers that will always be first and decimate my troops before I can even move.

DeletedUser4220

Not the case for me. As I mentioned in an earlier post, there have been quite a number of cases when all the enemy's bandits moved before all of my archers.
That maybe because they had 6 archers and you had one or 2. In that case, 4 of enemies archers will move first, as I explained in the example earlier.

DeletedUser61

I just do not see the logic behind it.
I'm a pretty careful observer of the sequencing, because I like to go to Auto-Fight as soon as I can.

EACH unit will be considered in the order indicated in the initiative bar. IF THEY CAN.
  • If there's no clear path the unit is usually skipped. Paths can be blocked by terrain or by other units
  • If melee units can move forward, they will
  • Ranged units will move back to their maximum range where they can still hit the nearest unit
  • It's not obvious which target will be selected, and the first strike for ranged units is clearly different than their subsequent strikes
  • The Mage units are stupid when they apply debuffs, and will debuff a unit that's already debuffed

DeletedUser2870

I'm a pretty careful observer of the sequencing, because I like to go to Auto-Fight as soon as I can.

EACH unit will be considered in the order indicated in the initiative bar. IF THEY CAN.
  • If there's no clear path the unit is usually skipped. Paths can be blocked by terrain or by other units
  • If melee units can move forward, they will
  • Ranged units will move back to their maximum range where they can still hit the nearest unit
  • It's not obvious which target will be selected, and the first strike for ranged units is clearly different than their subsequent strikes
  • The Mage units are stupid when they apply debuffs, and will debuff a unit that's already debuffed

I appreciate your trying to help. And I have observed those same basic ideas.

Except for my ranged units moving back to their max striking distance, since their logic is screwed. They will go to the max distance from their target, totally ignoring other units, even if those will do more damage and will be in range.

But Im talking about same initiative units, all able to move

DeletedUser2870

Can someone spill the beans on what kind of completely messed-up, gamewrecking change they have in store with the wholesaler?
I ve considered entering beta, but am getting so depressed by the changes and the total lack of any interest of innogames on any kinf of either playersuggestions and playerfeedback that Im now leaning more to taking a break from the game, or even completely pulling the plug, so Im definitely not going to put in any effort to enter beta

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
change they have in store with the wholesaler?
1. The amount you can buy with 1 click is based on MH level (16@ level 9, 150@ level 15, 325@Level 21)
2. The costs increase by 50% of the base each click. e.g 150 marble is 6,000, then 9,000, then 12,000 etc.
3. The exchange columns (buying non-boosted with boosted) starts at 5:1 and seems to increase by 2.5:1 each click. 5:1, 7.5:1, 10:1 etc.
4. Tier 2 and 3 are 4x and 16x the price of T1. e.g. at level 15 MH for the first click, 150 marble is 6,000, 150 crystal is 240,000 and 150 elixir is 960,000

Last edited:

DeletedUser2870

¥#~*#gvd}*#%*klote|<%#*^
What kind of moronic mushroom-chewing, glue-sniffing, coolant-drinking, crack-using volunteer for lobotomy came up with that idea?
Or what competetor bought off this devteam to make them come up with more and more ideas to drive players away?

Anyway, I tend (or soon 'tended') to use the wholesaler even at the punitive rates it already charges. If this indeed does go through Im going to take a serious break from this 'game', probably for a month or 2-3. If I wanted more screwups and frustration I could just put in more hours at work. At least there I get paid for it. I ve seriously had more than enough BS from this devastatorteam.

Guess Im going to have to inform my fellowship members on both the changes and my upcoming break.

SoggyShorts

¥#~*#gvd}*#%*klote|<%#*^
That's some impressive forehead typing, I'm not even sure how to get the symbol for Chinese Yuan to come up.

Maybe I explained the new wholesaler too well.....should have been vague.

I'm headed on a 2 month trip myself, I'm sure I'll be back, but such a long time away does tend to make a player less invested. If there aren't at least some positive changes I don't think I'll be able to get back into it. @Marindor on Beta started forwarding ideas to the devs a couple months ago, and said it would take 1-2 months for the devs to get to them. Another 60 days to implement something that we actually want sounds very reasonable. I'm not even talking about big things, just things like mouse-over culture, ring number tooltips, notification access everywhere etc.

DeletedUser2870

That's some impressive forehead typing, I'm not even sure how to get the symbol for Chinese Yuan to come up.

Maybe I explained the new wholesaler too well.....should have been vague.

I'm headed on a 2 month trip myself, I'm sure I'll be back, but such a long time away does tend to make a player less invested. If there aren't at least some positive changes I don't think I'll be able to get back into it. @Marindor on Beta started forwarding ideas to the devs a couple months ago, and said it would take 1-2 months for the devs to get to them. Another 60 days to implement something that we actually want sounds very reasonable. I'm not even talking about big things, just things like mouse-over culture, ring number tooltips, notification access everywhere etc.

Yes, such simple ideas have been on the forum for a long time. 2 months doesnt seem unreasonable, but 4 months seems rather long for some of those.
And yet some if those have been around on the forum for 6 months already.

As I said, Ive had it with this bunch of professional saboteurs who call themselves developpers, too many changes that take the fun out of the game. Well, it just kills the goose with the golden eggs. Many paying members have already stopped buying diamonds, and many advanced players are leaving. Guess I ll be one of the next set to go.

SoggyShorts

Confirmed? No, we don't get that sort of information. The only time they have ever said something wasn't going live "as is" was the first attempt at a "dynamic" wholesaler. Since our only complaint is that the costs are too high, I'm betting it goes live. The only reason the last one didn't was because it also lost almost all functionality since you could only buy 1 random type of good every 24h. They fixed that part, but ignored all complaints about values.

Also, @Marindor has explained to us that everything in an update is a package deal, so not changing the wholesaler means no bug fixes, so unless something is completely broken, everything must go live regardless of Beta feedback. It can always be tweaked later though... at least in theory.

DeletedUser4537

1. The amount you can buy with 1 click is based on MH level (16@ level 9, 150@ level 15, 325@Level 21)
2. The costs increase by 50% of the base each click. e.g 150 marble is 6,000, then 9,000, then 12,000 etc.
3. The exchange columns (buying non-boosted with boosted) starts at 5:1 and seems to increase by 2.5:1 each click. 5:1, 7.5:1, 10:1 etc.
4. Tier 2 and 3 are 4x and 16x the price of T1. e.g. at level 15 MH for the first click, 150 marble is 6,000, 150 crystal is 240,000 and 150 elixir is 960,000
Is it a crazy notion to (nearly) empty my stores of coins and supplies and buy up everything before tomorrow?

DeletedUser4537

We haven't got the release notes here for the live server so I would wait. Usually it is 2 weeks between updates.
Thank you -- I was under the impression updates came every week, but you are right, every other week.
This is possibly a deal breaker for me as I have literally no active neighbors who post tier 1 goods of other boosts than mine (and my Fellowship is very lopsided as well). I've been managing by buying Tier 1, and while it is inefficient, it wasn't impossible. Seems rather crappy to have to leave my Fellowship over this new development. :oops:

DeletedUser4220

¥#~*#gvd}*#%*klote|<%#*^
What kind of moronic mushroom-chewing, glue-sniffing, coolant-drinking, crack-using volunteer for lobotomy came up with that idea?
Or what competetor bought off this devteam to make them come up with more and more ideas to drive players away?

Anyway, I tend (or soon 'tended') to use the wholesaler even at the punitive rates it already charges. If this indeed does go through Im going to take a serious break from this 'game', probably for a month or 2-3. If I wanted more screwups and frustration I could just put in more hours at work. At least there I get paid for it. I ve seriously had more than enough BS from this devastatorteam.

Guess Im going to have to inform my fellowship members on both the changes and my upcoming break.
Complaining again about how hard is it to play? Maybe you should take 3-month break from complaining, so this forum will not be filled with your spam.
Why in the hell would you need to use the wholesaler if you are a skilled player and you are in a good FS? It is already too expensive to buy anything there anyway.
I spend all my extra coins for KPs (which makes more sense than buying goods with them) and barely make more supplies than I need for the army and the building upgrades, so wholesaler function is mostly irrelevant. I wish they added an option to buy KPs with supplies too.

SoggyShorts

so wholesaler function is mostly irrelevant.
In my opinion, that in itself is the problem. The old wholesaler was lame. At best players could use it to dump excess KP and coins, or smaller non-FS players could get some goods quickly.
Then they made some changes that made it worse. The wholesaler should serve a purpose, and that is what players are asking for.

You are calling other posts spam, but your input seems to be "It was useless then, and it's useless now" How is that helpful or constructive?

DeletedUser2870

Complaining again about how hard is it to play? Maybe you should take 3-month break from complaining, so this forum will not be filled with your spam.
Why in the hell would you need to use the wholesaler if you are a skilled player and you are in a good FS? It is already too expensive to buy anything there anyway.
I spend all my extra coins for KPs (which makes more sense than buying goods with them) and barely make more supplies than I need for the army and the building upgrades, so wholesaler function is mostly irrelevant. I wish they added an option to buy KPs with supplies too.

Once again Im sorry to see you do not seem to have mastered comprehensive reading. Perhaps you can still get your tuition fees back.

My complaint, if you want to call it that, which it isnt, is not about the game being too hard. It is a remark, or rather a question, about one more change that will completely alter an existing feature, rendering it pretty much useless, or if you will, even more useless then before.

Point is, just pointing that out makes you agree with my remark: you made it clear its not a constructive change or making the game better or more fun.
The fact that Im not happy about it is MY opinion. You dont necessarily have to agree but your remarks are getting to be pretty annoying, to the point of needlessly agressive.

That YOUR style of play has no use for the wholesaler is fine. But that doesnt mean it is so for every one. Try to understand that different people have different ways of playing and will use different features without making denigrating remarks all the time. That doesnt make you 'cool'.

And please explain why your wish for a change to be added (kps for supplies) would not be considered whining while you re at it.