• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Release Notes version 1.31 + Halflings

DeletedUser115

Dear Humans and Elves,

We have announced the update schedule for version 1.31. Please provide any feedback or questions you might have below.

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

DeletedUser1016

I just looked at the culture buildings for the new guess race and they are not giving us any new building that increases the production of mana per square:eek:!!!! Yet the amount needed to move thru the tech tree has increase in huge amounts!!!!

What's up with that, there would be no reason to switch out any mana/culture buildings for the extra mana [which is none existent in this case]; talk about slowing down progress just for the sake of slowing down the game...errr... :mad: where's the strategy in that:confused:?

Actually, if you do switch out the Libraries [S&D] to the Grape Farms [Haflings] you will loose a small amount of mana per hour.

All that being said, switching out to the new hafling mana buildings [grape farms] from the S&D mana buildings [libraries] will give you more culture per square...

So the only way to increase mana production [per square] is to purchase a premium building [good try InnoGame-not going to happen:p] or build the Dark Matter Ancient Wonder, otherwise we are stuck in the S&D chapter when it comes to mana production.

I really do hope I'm wrong with my calculations, but I don't think so. :(:(:(:(

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1016

I agree mana sucks, had to replace some snails with premium ugly Ansgard Seals, that takes 2 to replace 1 snail...
Yeah, using premium buildings would make it so much more convenient ...but I play without pay, so that's not a solution for folks like me....:(

The Ansgard Seal is ugly - isn't it...ha [cool graphics though]

qaccy

Oh good lord, I'll say it again: if I wanted to play Farmville, I'd join Facebook. **grump**

If this update is all it takes for you to think you're playing Farmville, maybe you SHOULD give it a try! I also wonder how you made it through the Fairy chapter.

DeletedUser3640

Actually, if you do switch out the Libraries [S&D] to the Grape Farms [Haflings] you will loose a small amount of mana per hour.

That's true:

Library output: 2400:15:12=13,33 mana per tile per hour.
Grape farm: 6600:28:18=13,10 mana per tile per hour.

But(!!) if you care only about mana, you shouldn't go for libraries in the first place (or grape farms):

Witch Market Stall: 400:4:6=16,67 mana per tile per hour (25% more than libraries);

Then, as chapter goes, you can switch to:

Water Lily: 310:2:9=17,22 mana per tile per hour
Grapevines: 600:4:6=25 mana per tile per hour

Although that won't be necessary, I guess...because if these little pricks are as slow/boring as S&D we will get stuck for days in the tech tree anyway.

Yeah, using premium buildings would make it so much more convenient ...but I play without pay, so that's not a solution for folks like me...

Difference between his premium building and regular Witch Market Stall is 0,69 mana per tile per hour..... So, absolutely negligible and not worth any penny when it comes down to mana.

So the only way to increase mana production [per square] is to purchase a premium building [good try InnoGame-not going to happen:p] or build the Dark Matter Ancient Wonder, otherwise we are stuck in the S&D chapter when it comes to mana production.

Well, we already established that first part is false, but you'd be better off building other Ancient Wonder (that gives mana upon spell usage), with all the spells from the tournaments, plus it's smaller. Got absolutely unlucky myself, just 2 rune shards in it....so no instant mana for me :(

DeletedUser1016

Witch Market Stall: 400:4:6=16,67 mana per tile per hour (25% more than libraries);
I did consider these smaller cultural buildings to increase mana production. I do use plenty of these smaller buildings to fill in where ever there's small, open spaces, but they are very inefficient because the collection times are short [6hrs -/+], thereby actually loosing mana if you are not diligent [every day & every 6 hours] and consistently harvesting. Of course the exception to that is the Lilly at 9hrs, but still not very convenient, really.

I know I did focus my "complaint/observation" on mana, but still, no matter where we are in the game, culture is always needed, so when it comes to neighborly help the smaller buildings don't work well, you get 250 to 350 per polish versus 1750 for the libraries. In this situation that's where the grape farms are great, each polish is 5900 culture.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3640

but they are very inefficient because the collection times are short [6hrs -/+], thereby actually loosing mana if you are not diligent [every day & every 6 hours] and consistently harvesting. Of course the exception to that is the Lilly at 9hrs, but still not very convenient, really.

Yeah, agreed, impractical...
I agree that the Dragon Abbey is a nice AW for mana, but the Dark Matter seems better to me because just setting it in place will give me 32 mana per hour per square, or over

Dragon Abbey alone could get me through half a chapter, lol... guess both these wonders are the reason why we need so much mana.... to balance them :)

edeba

Saw the data for the wonder that increases the magical manufacturing time. I saw this was going into a wonder and I thought great, and then when I saw what it does, well, it really under performs. It is an enormously expensive spell to make and what you get from using one really is pathetic and adding extra hours while you are sleeping really doesn't help much. Realistically, you are doing exceptionally well if you can get six 3-hour runs in a day from a manufacturie so increasing the time on the MM so theoretically you can get eight runs really isn't an improvement after about the 6th run.

I really wish you would reconsider this wonder and add about an hour for each upgrade, or even 1.14 hours. Fully upgraded to level 20 it would be nice to see a full day added to the time, and that would require adding about 1.14 hours per upgrade, 1.14 for building and 1.14 per upgrade.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Library output: 2400:15:12=13,33 mana per tile per hour.
Grape farm: 6600:28:18=13,10 mana per tile per hour.
I didn't save it, but I made a mock up in the architect, and if you count roads, then 20 libraries take up the same space as 11 grape farms, so the change is a positive 800 mana per day and a gain of 30K culture. Of course you should probably factor in the 24h construction time for each one during which time you produce zero mana---that takes a lot of time to recoup.

Maybe it's back to the older chapters where you're better off skipping every second culture "upgrade" if you are moving through the tech tree quickly. (like orcs culture buildings)

DeletedUser1016

I didn't save it, but I made a mock up in the architect, and if you count roads, then 20 libraries take up the same space as 11 grape farms, so the change is a positive 800 mana per day and a gain of 30K culture. Of course you should probably factor in the 24h construction time for each one during which time you produce zero mana---that takes a lot of time to recoup.
Totally agree - seems reasonable to skip the Hafling Culture buildings, especially the Grape Farms - nothing wonderful or special regarding Mana in this chapter!

edeba

Just did a mouse over to see the level of upgrades in the new chapter and the mouse over information is not useful. This is the information I go looking for in the tech tree. The descriptions are flowery, but useless.