• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Release Notes version 1.32

DeletedUser51

Dear Humans and Elves,

We have announced the update schedule for version 1.32. Please provide any feedback or questions you might have below.

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

qaccy

Thanks for fixing bugs! Unlike some people, I won't just post here to complain about what's *not* being done or what's *not* being added, but instead thank the developers for continuing to work on the game. Doing a pretty bang-up job in my book! I don't really follow beta for this game anymore so I'm a little intrigued by what may be coming down the pipeline regarding stuff in the inventory.

Risen Malchiah

I agree the developers do an awesome job at continually updating the game, but they invite discussion and so we discuss. I'm not sure why bringing out new features nobody asked for takes precedence over fixing current issues.

Anyway, onto the new stuff:
We are starting an inventory rework. This will allow us to bring new types of items for your inventory in the upcoming updates.
  • There are still two tabs for now in your inventory but they have new names :
    • Enchantments that correspond to your classic spells inventory
    • Summonings that correspond to your building inventory
What does this mean? So spells will now be called Enchantments and Buildings will now be called Summonings? Or are you saying there will be some new non-spell related Enchantments coming from somewhere and non-building related Summonings in future updates? Could you give an example or do we have to wait and wonder? :)

qaccy

Can I leave feedback on how expensive new roads are to build? I realize they're not very necessary, but the extremely high cost of guest race roads means you're probably not even going to be building some of them at all, much less fill an entire city with them. Is there a reason why one square of road needs to cost so much mana? It's not as if they don't cost a good chunk of coin and supply as well, when you multiply it by the needs of a whole city, which is probably in the range of 100-200 squares. Or am I the only one finding myself not having replaced all of my roads with the woodelf roads, completely skipping the sorcerer roads and now probably not going to build very many halfling roads either when I eventually unlock them?

Risen Malchiah

I jumped at the chance to replace my roads (at least in dwarves and fairies so far). The extra culture without taking any extra space was worth it. The dwarven roads were tough and had to wait til the end of the chapter when I finally had spare goods. Fortunately, the fairy roads came early on and since I was full on ambrosia before even needing it, I was able to crank out all my fairy roads pretty quick. I have no idea what it's like later on though. I guess the trick is making sure you have an abundance of the settlement resources.

qaccy

I jumped at the chance to replace my roads (at least in dwarves and fairies so far). The extra culture without taking any extra space was worth it. The dwarven roads were tough and had to wait til the end of the chapter when I finally had spare goods. Fortunately, the fairy roads came early on and since I was full on ambrosia before even needing it, I was able to crank out all my fairy roads pretty quick. I have no idea what it's like later on though. I guess the trick is making sure you have an abundance of the settlement resources.

Ironically it would probably be easier to build them if they did cost settlement resources. Starting with woodelves (the Orc chapter also uses settlement goods), guest race roads merely cost mana in addition to coins and supplies. The issue I'm personally having and wondering if others feel the same way is that the mana cost is rather excessive because mana is also used in great abundance via the tech tree. By the time you unlock woodelf roads, technologies cost anywhere from 35-100k mana, while those roads cost 4500 mana apiece...and a typical city build will provide you with about 50k mana per day. That means you could get about 10 new squares of road per day, but then you wouldn't be able to research anything. One 'solution' I thought of would be to merely stop research in order to build roads, but that seems a bit off to me since with things like buildings and the earlier roads you can generally keep advancing through technology while upgrading those things. Those mana costs also continue going up as you go along and are attached to virtually every single technology so there aren't really any 'breaks' where you can build up mana to use for road construction. Goes double for sorcerers as mana is also used to produce the guest race goods in addition to being needed by itself for technology plus those roads! Roads are starting to feel more like a 'premium' feature because I feel like a normal player is never going to have enough mana coming in to be able to utilize them. Again though, I could be alone here which is why I'm wondering if anyone else has this problem!

DeletedUser3297

I stopped at blossom street. Those are the prettiest roads in the game <3 After Orcs, I rebuilt my Fairy settlement to stock back up on goods needed to make more blossom streets. Now the Fairy portal site will stay in my city forever and after each chapter I will rebuild the settlement so I can always maintain blossom streets in my city :D Don't really care about the poor cultural value it provides either lol

DeletedUser4778

MH issue still not fixed. Keep not getting coins. Grrrrrr.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
a typical city build will provide you with about 50k mana per day.
After reading about mana costs on the forums while I was still in orcs I designed my S&D city to be make more than a "typical" city. IMO you should have at least 12 willows in chapter 9, which is the same space as 20 libraries
around 120K per day from 20 libraries and enars, so upgrading roads to chapter 10 won't be an issue for me at all.

I will however most likely not bother finishing off my chapter 9 roads since I don't need the culture, and S&D roads are coming up soon.

Last edited:

DeletedUser2509

Dear Humans and Elves,

We have announced the update schedule for version 1.32. Please provide any feedback or questions you might have below.

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

• Fellowship ranking points were sometimes wrongly displaced and this has been fixed
  • NH bonuses would sometimes only be triggered when receiving a new NH. This was fixed with this update
  • We fixed the green notification icon for ranking points as it did not appear under certain circumstances
  • Timer for Enchantments duration could be visually reset in certain circumstances and this was fixed as well
What is a NH? Neighbor Help?

Arkadia

Is there a reason why one square of road needs to cost so much mana? ..... Or am I the only one finding myself not having replaced all of my roads with the woodelf roads, completely skipping the sorcerer roads and now probably not going to build very many halfling roads either when I eventually unlock them?

I second this question!
...and no, qaccy, ur not the the only one! road cost is ridiculous! and really, why they need to cost Mana, when we alreay need too much of it for everything else compared to production rate? ya, i'm skipping roads too, at least til the end of chapter n see how it goes...

.....around 120K per day from 20 libraries and enars, so upgrading roads to chapter 10 won't be an issue for me at all.

LOL @20 libraries....good luck finding the space for them along w the needed race buildings ;) :p
i finished S&D w 12...yes, had to hold a few days waiting for mana, but was in no rush to finish up the chapter...

other stuff....

- mana decay time is STILL totally off
- my Grain Fields were built n been sleeping (not producing) all night :/
- n yes, the NH hands...

WolfSinger

My biggest complaint with the roads is not the increasing cost - although that is getting ridiculous - but not getting any credit for building on top of an existing road. Come on guys - if I upgrade a footpath all the way through the greenery streets of the Woodelves chapter they will have spent 111,100 gold and 15,450 supplies on a single square (this does not include the other materials - some of which are guest race specific). Whereas if you put in a brand new greenery street you only pay 60,000 gold and 2100 supplies (as well as guest race materials). A significant difference in cost while the person putting in a new street gets the full value added - the person who spent to upgrade only gets the difference in culture value added.

However, according to the beta forums where I posted this information with a suggestion to consider giving credit for building on top of an older street I was told it had been discussed previously and it was something that wasn't going to be considered.

Arkadia

Like what? More wonders, or cool culture? Just curious.

lol now we r getting personal ;) :p :D
jk

yes, i like some of the AWs since the update, also some of the cultural buildings.....posted a cpl on another thread of our fav buildings :)
and yes, i like variety, also some of the buildings i dont like i dont build, or will get rid of them as soon as i can...like the Libraries...gee