• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Release Notes version 1.34

DeletedUser3312

I just opened S&D a few days ago and got no diamonds. what am I missing?

DeletedUser4778

This burns. Like Jewess, I just opened S&D a few days ago. If I had known, I would have delayed opening the darn chest. :mad:

DeletedUser1390

The scouting update looks like a big improvement. One question: If I click an unopened province the dialog says 'Your Scout is busy in another province, try back in xx:xx," and offers Wait and Go There buttons. What happens if I hit Go There?

DeletedUser3602

The freezing of the game wasn't fixed with this update. For me it's no big deal, it unfreezes when I resize the window, but I don't know if that works for everyone.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Question:
What does a province say if it requires orcs, but you haven't unlocked the breeding grounds tech yet?
If it's just "very hard", players may still ignore this warning if they are negotiators.
Perhaps a special message and difficulty level could be added? Like a giant skull, and "impossible" with the note that you must unlock breeding grounds to go here.

qaccy

Always possible with diamonds. Unless you aren't allowed to buy orcs until you've researched the ability to produce them? I agree that maybe these provinces should be noted, but using the term 'impossible' technically isn't correct.

EarthbornIcarus

I'm not sure if this is a new thing, but yesterday when I visited an fs member, a window popped up and said "here is one beet, thank you for helping me".....
I clicked on it and got one beet, lol. In the same visit, I also received a treasure chest.

I have not seen that window since. Has anyone else had that?

DeletedUser9469

No I have not seen the pop up for a beet.

On the talk about the provinces that require Orcs... I am no where near that, but agree that it could use its own indicator... I like the idea of the skull because I think it would be visually appealing... Since "impossible" is technically not correct, how about something like "Impractical".

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
On the talk about the provinces that require Orcs... I am no where near that, but agree that it could use its own indicator... I like the idea of the skull because I think it would be visually appealing... Since "impossible" is technically not correct, how about something like "Impractical".
Yeah maybe a skull with a big diamond behind or in front of it.

DeletedUser5278

Question:
What does a province say if it requires orcs, but you haven't unlocked the breeding grounds tech yet?
If it's just "very hard", players may still ignore this warning if they are negotiators.
Perhaps a special message and difficulty level could be added? Like a giant skull, and "impossible" with the note that you must unlock breeding grounds to go here.
I agree. I find the new bright red warnings "Very Hard" are not very useful. We need more specific information - especially, as you say, when we're hitting a ring that will require a new item - like Orcs. As a negotiator, I've just hit the Orc ring of provinces - though I've just entered Fairies chapter. So I'm blocked from any more province expansions for weeks. It would be nice to have a specific note, like: "Very Hard - requires new item: Orcs"

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I agree. I find the new bright red warnings "Very Hard" are not very useful.
Let's not go overboard and denigrate the first iteration of something that actually is useful. If nothing else, it makes it about 98% easier to establish when we are exploring in a ring instead of slipping outside it. And could be a huge improvement for new players in their first few chapters.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
And could be a huge improvement for new players in their first few chapters.

Sadly its near useless for new players in the first few chapters due to the imbalance. Hopefully however it encourages the imbalance to be addressed if all players have very hard provinces and are only managing minimum exploration. It will be very useful as though players approach chapter 4 and on wards to understand the combat difficulties.

DeletedUser9627

Man, is anybody else as doomed as me?

I just started playing for real less than a month ago (stated playing for real while FOE was off line and got hooked), and scouted a bunch of stuff around my city, before the big update to the map came down (and it warned you about not scouting those too hard areas). The update, which is really nice, btw...unfortunately now I am encircled with those recently updated, very hard provinces I foolishly chose to explore (about 13 of them by my count, haha), and am able to advance at all, LOL. I have just gotten the first tech age 2, so pretty much bare bones, few expansions, no units beyond basic etc.

I now have to clear 15 very hard provinces in a row when I get to the next age...will have to scout even more extra provinces out to do so...and scouting very hard provinces is really quite bad, since the scouting does not apply reductions to already explored province difficulty. Over scouting like I have, means I'll have to spend significantly more resources and more time than I would have normally to advance. My military is completely unable to do anything against these armies.

Was it designed to be this way? Will it ever even out, or I am stuck with this? Feels bad man. :(

qaccy

Was it designed to be this way? Will it ever even out, or I am stuck with this? Feels bad man.

Eventually you'll get caught up. You'll unlock new units (the most important part), as well as increase the size of your squads relative to the enemy. I don't know if the difficulties update dynamically as you increase the size of your squads, but in any case eventually those 'very hard' provinces you've already opened will be possible to complete either by amassing enough goods or simply fighting through them. You'll just have to hold off on that and especially scouting for a while.