• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Release Notes version 1.40

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
(how big is Inno's team, exactly?)
I have no idea how large the elvenar team is,
Last Q&A they said they had 5 or 7 graphic designers iirc.
I would think they have at least that many coders, no?
Sometimes I wish I knew more about coding so that I could accurately decide how irritated I should be, but it would probably only make it worse.;)

DeletedUser2870

@qaccy
I just checked, and anyone who got all 32 premium expansions when that was possible, and has 378 cleared provinces at the end of halflings already has a full grid.

If however we work off the current max of 23 premium expansions there are enough spots for the 1 expansion you get in chapter 12, and 457 cleared provinces (which is as high as the province clearing expansions chart goes on the wiki)

Edit: I don't know what the highest province count is, but I think I've seen someone post that they had 400, so that player could get to 457 in 5 months with 3 day scouts. Or will scout times be much higher than that?

EDIT: The wiki says you can buy 27 premium, so the above is off.

I bought a bunch of premiums early on, pretty much all, but not 32. So I guess I reached the limit of 27. If I had had 32 though, I now would be maxed out on the expansions. I still have 5 open, but could fill one of them if I finished all my unfinished provinces.
Other than that, I still feel its high time to start reducing the size of some buildings instead of constantly making them larger. They don't have to increase the amount a factory produces by a lot, I would be happy enough if they would for instance see to it that the next chapter gives the tier1 factories at lvl 24 (or rather at 28) the same output as 23 now, but at a reduced size. Would be an interesting intermission where the first expansion reduces the amount, but also reduces the size, until at the new max its just a bit over the present max, but one still enjoys the fact one now freed up space.

Same for residences: the halfling chapter saw pretty significant increases in pop...so why no do the same as in the dwarven chapter in the next one: only a slight increase in pop, but a reduced size. Or perhaps doing the same for the workshops.

Making every building larger with each chapter is getting a bit tiring (and boring). Just gettting a little bit more at a reduced size is at least as interesting and would open up space for other buildings, or for new requirements in the game.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7370

lack of manpower (how big is Inno's team, exactly?)
Chat is a pretty basic function within the game.
Not only is it a basic function within Elvenar; it is a basic function in all of Inno's games. The chat system should be a company wide low level system with only display details being separate code for each game.

Last Q&A they said they had 5 or 7 graphic designers iirc.
Graphics design often takes a lot longer than programming. Figure one or two programmers can do the whole thing. Quite likely one dedicated to Elvenar and one that floats between different games when there are major projects.

DeletedUser7874

I don't think they care about the chat. They are changing the whole game. They have all but nuked the idea of helping neighbors. The CL/BS downgrade has eliminated the point of visiting hundreds of neighbors. The chat is down more than half the time for a significant number of people so they can't even easily communicate with their fellows. They completely screwed up the fellowship adventures. They seemed to say that there would be no more space added to the cities, thereby making it almost mandatory to either save space by placing premium diamond builds or snailing through everything because you can't build anything. They already changed the economy significantly with the trader, but now with the elimination of goods, they have hit the trade market hard. There is less and less in the trader and more and more abandoned cities.

DeletedUser7874

This team of coders would not last a month where I work. They are effectively destroying this game. Have purchased quite a bit of diamonds in the last year, I will not ever pay more here, good job guys!

DeletedUser7874

Our development team is aware of the intermittent chat connection issues. Unfortunately, there is no estimated time of correction at this time. I will see if we can get an update this coming week.

I have updated the thread - as some of our wonderful players have pointed out the typos. Don't blame me - I don't make them. Hehe. Jk. It should all be corrected now. Thank you!

Pitiful, 72 hours to fix it or you're fired.

DeletedUser2870

This team of coders would not last a month where I work. They are effectively destroying this game. Have purchased quite a bit of diamonds in the last year, I will not ever pay more here, good job guys!

Quite so.
In fact, this team of 'customer service' employees would not be likely to last a month either.

As for the 72 hours. I'd even settle for a week. But having a basic function like that out for several weeks is (or rather should be) an unacceptable way of handling things.

DeletedUser7874

Quite so.
In fact, this team of 'customer service' employees would not be likely to last a month either.

As for the 72 hours. I'd even settle for a week. But having a basic function like that out for several weeks is (or rather should be) an unacceptable way of handling things.

And yet we'll not even hear from the Moderator much less paid employees. Shame really, they had a good game here, clever and well paced. Now, not so much so.

SoggyShorts

And yet we'll not even hear from the Moderator much less paid employees. Shame really, they had a good game here, clever and well paced. Now, not so much so.
I'm not surprised that we almost never hear from mods. Have you seen the application?
"3. Our volunteer moderators will need to be able to commit 10-15 hours per week to their duties. "
Even at minimum wage they are asking for $100-200 in free labour per week.

qaccy

@SoggyShorts
From what I understand, the volunteers do receive free diamonds for their service so it's not entirely uncompensated. Or at least, they do with Forge and I have to imagine it wouldn't be any different here but don't know for sure.

That being said, it's still just a volunteer position so anyone who applies knows this beforehand. It'd be a completely different story if they were somehow compelling/forcing people to do it while continuing to not actually pay them. Most of us don't fit the ideal description of 'volunteer moderator' though and with how these forums are most of the time, I personally don't want to be one just for that reason. You're essentially opening yourself up to being treated as less than human by putting an Inno label anywhere on your online persona around here.

DeletedUser7367

No line about the concerns on both the Beta forum and the liveforums about the serious dislike of the unbalanced changes to the CL, nor an excuse for the blatant lies about them.
@innogames why do you even pretend wanting feedback if nothing is ever done with it?
Aaaah, my new Dutch friend..... alas, we both know that INNO doesn't 'believe' that any sagacious individuals will wake up and suddenly find themselves, along with those they've mentored actually LEAVING!.... so sadly disgusted that they [INNO] cares ONLY about one type of communication [Diamonds and Payment confirmation] I'm nauseated every time I log into this money pit, Dhurrin..... When the diamonds are gone...so am I. The CL/BS fiasco was it for me!

SoggyShorts

Most of us don't fit the ideal description of 'volunteer moderator' though and with how these forums are most of the time, I personally don't want to be one just for that reason. You're essentially opening yourself up to being treated as less than human by putting an Inno label anywhere on your online persona around here.
I'm on the forums enough to meet the time requirements, but I'm nowhere near being neutral enough to be a mod.
The only way I'd do it would be for a week to clean up the forums by adding some FAQ and pinning various topics. I wouldn't want to be paid in diamonds though, for my playstyle it'd make the game too easy.

Risen Malchiah

Actually, @SoggyShorts @qaccy @Ashrem you all raise some interesting points. We certainly put in the time on the forums already, but being a mod would suddenly change things. Players will suddenly be looking to you for insight and anything you say might be taken as representative of the game. If any of us were to take up that mantle, would we need to post less? Would we no longer be able to participate in the various debates we all seem to enjoy? I would do it if it meant I was not hindered in my postings.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Actually, @SoggyShorts @qaccy @Ashrem you all raise some interesting points. We certainly put in the time on the forums already, but being a mod would suddenly change things. Players will suddenly be looking to you for insight and anything you say might be taken as representative of the game. If any of us were to take up that mantle, would we need to post less? Would we no longer be able to participate in the various debates we all seem to enjoy? I would do it if it meant I was not hindered in my postings.
Part of me thinks we could ask Mykan. But that's purely speculative.

SoggyShorts

Would we no longer be able to participate in the various debates we all seem to enjoy?
More than one mod has said that they do not take part in debates as they want them to progress naturally without interference from an inno representative. Whether that is a personal choice or a company policy, I'm not sure.

DeletedUser2870

@Risen Malchiah @SoggyShorts

I'm not sure either, but I expect it to be policy, even if just to avoid the personal views to interfere. I know that on forums where I moderated I never participated just because of that.
That being said, there IS a lot of work to do for mods, but still it would very definitely be nice if the mods were able to convince the dev team that some more contact with the actual players is needed, because generally speaking the mods just don't know all the insides.
Actually, there isn't much need for them to have those insights. They need to keep the forum going, clean up stuff, step in now and then and function as go-between. That last will perhaps give them some inside info, but hardly on the level of the devs

Risen Malchiah

Sorry for replying to a months-old thread, but after all this time I have yet to see these balance changes in effect:

• We introduced more diversity with the encounters. The difficulty level has not changed but the number of enemy squads will vary more, going from 1 to 8 even quite late in the game.

After manually fighting hundreds of encounters since this update (both in tournaments and on the world map), I have yet to see this. And after fighting to 25 provinces in the most recent steel tournament and pushing hard this week in planks as well, I was thinking "Man, I could really use some more variety in these encounters!!" After manually fighting hundreds of encounters for a tournament in a week, it really does get old after a while. :p

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I believe the only real change was in the number of enemy squads that might show up being more random, not the types.