• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Release notes version 1.5

DeletedUser61

I was wondering why/if boosts have relevance to the tournaments?
There will be a different relic featured this week. Of the 9 relics you'll be boosted for 3 of them. The complaint is nothing more than some initial condition grumbling. THEIR relic happened to be selected for the initial week, and they didn't have enough troops/goods/scouted sectors to immediately come up with 40 KPs to open the technology.

They would be hollering even louder if the ENTIRE Tournament had been delayed another week, just so that everybody would have an opportunity to research the tech BEFORE the first relic was offered.

The technology is optional right now, btw, but if it follows the established pattern it will become mandatory a couple of weeks from now.

DeletedUser627

@gamergrrl

The Tournaments give Relics as rewards - a different one each week. Also, the Tournament has two sets of time limits.

So, this week's players have to get 40 KP before they can start...meaning that they either have 40 hours less to earn

DeletedUser594

I went through the tournament yesterday closing 7 or 8 sectors and i'm doing the same today. I've jumped in boost levels on scrolls from the low 400's up to just under 5oo%. I was closing out sectors with a combo of fighting/cater and never got much above 1000-2000 goods per sector. It may or may not be worthwhile in sectors where one doesn't have the good of that type boosted-
but if you do it's really a wasted oppurtunity to get your boost jumping if you sit it out

DeletedUser1392

I too think that it's a pity that players who have scrolls as their boosted good will miss out of 40 hrs of being able to fight in this tournament.

Scrolls is not one of my boosted goods so I am using this to learn how it all works (since I'm not on a Beta server).

What I have found thus far is that the rewards you get when completing 1 province/1 tournament/8 battles is rather skimpy.

I get 2 relics for 8 battles whereas when I would fight the normal conquering of the provinces, I would receive 8 relics per province, i.e. 1 per battle. 8 tournaments times 2 relics each is only 16 relics? Maybe the rewards are better when you combine the tournament points with your neighbors but what if you don't have neighbors that are actually active? Or they are active but not doing the tournaments? Then you get 1 more relic per finished tournament if you play all by yourself.

That is what it shows on the little meter:
remaining points until next reward: 164.
Reward: 1 scroll relic.

Also the KPs are low; 2 per finished tournament/8 battles, compared to 8 per finished normal province.

I'm not really sure if I'll be doing a lot of fighting in the tournaments. I might do it when it is one of my boosted goods but other than that....I don't think so. Also because to me, unlike what other players here on this forum say, the battles are harder than the regular battles (especially from tournament/province 4-5 on) and it is eating up my goods by catering/paying them off. And losing those goods that I can trade compared to the skimpy rewards I am getting, playing these tournaments is not worth it to me.

Feels a bit like when the Magic Academy started and the time it took making the spells was rather long, compared to what you get for it.

DeletedUser1016

I agree with you Rubydragon, I'm a little discouraged as well. - I've cleared the first level of 8 provinces and opened a 9th, but didn't finish it [5/8] because I was loosing my way? It seemed that I wasn't getting much in return? It's not just the cost of the resources, which are not too high, nor the troops because I've got a significant amount...but the amount of time involved! I'm towards the end of the Fairy Chapter, and as I mentioned earlier, I've got a fair amount of good: troops,which are advanced; and a "ton" of provinces that I've conquered. So opening 9 tournaments is ONLY 1/2 of what's available to do! So it seems insurmountable to think that all these are to be all opened and fought 8 times each? With someone like myself, I want to finish everything the game offers, but without "limits"; clear goals/milestones; and a list of awards, it's all so unclear, other then minimal KP & relics. The point system [tournament points] seems...."pointless"....lol. I guess we'll have to wait 2 days more to see what the tournament points are worth, presently it's a mystery. ......could they be worth diamonds.....[I wish].

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1392

As for neighbors' tournament points being added up, wouldn't it make more sense to do it per Fellowship? Or that you can choose "neighbors or Fellowship" for if you're not in a Fellowship?

Seems the line of thought is that all neighbors are friends and that they help one another while getting neighborly help from players from the world map is rare.

In one of the worlds I play in I have a lot of holes in my world map from removed players, 3/4 of the remaining players barely play in their city so forget about playing in a tournament. Of the other 1/4 I get maybe 1 or 2 players who do world map neighborly help.

If it would have been Fellowship tournament points that are being added up one could make it into a tournament of Fellowship -v- Fellowship and have a Fellowship ranking.

Just a thought :)

~Ruby

So opening 9 tournaments is ONLY 1/2 of what's available to do! So it seems insurmountable to think that all these are to be all opened and fought 8 times each? .

From what I understand is that there are 8 tournaments of 8 battles each and then 6 levels within each tournament. If you want to fight everything you have to fight (8*8*6) 384 battles in 1 week to get the maximum rewards? And it's not even clear what those rewards are. I've heard at a certain level you get rune shards. Great for players who don't have their Ancient Wonders built yet, but for all others?

DeletedUser1122

The wiki states: "the province starts preparing for a new tournament level. This will take some time, [16 hours?] but you will immediately be able to start participating in your second tournament province, so that you can continue your tournament journey without having to wait.
How far can you go before you have to wait?

what the tournament points are worth
Ranking points = Top 100 tournament points [almost limited to diamond players or super players that have endless goods/troops/time]
1st in the top 100 = 100 points, 2nd = 99 points, 100th = 1 point
Does that answer your question?

DeletedUser68

• To get the maximum awards from Tournaments you're also going to need some participating neighbors
  • If you've been monitoring the Beta forums, you'll be aware that the developers are working on the population density issues, and actually hoped to provide that solution before they released Tournaments, but the population distribution is a technical challenge. So soon™.
  • The difficulty of each tournament is effected by your Squad Size technology, the distance from your city, and how many times you've already done the tournament during the current week. Fellowship members are scattered all over the map, so that would require an entirely different paradigm.
I’ve tidied up Rubydragon's posts. This remedial post isn’t “just” about this thread but is intended, rather, to avoid future issues and the consequent warnings that we’re obliged to issue when gentle doesn't get people's attention.

Rather than posting sequential messages, we want you to simply edit your most recent post. The easiest technique is to multi-quote anything that you MIGHT want to respond to, as you're reading the messages one each page and then cull out the bits that are superfluous. The desired outcome is a single, nicely organized, easy to read post that's responsive to the various issues that have been raised during the previous several hours.

OVERLY LARGE graphics chew up a lot of bandwidth and they consequently slow down page loads. Animated gifs are simply irritating.

Our forum rules are available at https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.702/
but multi-posting and graphics are the most common issues.
  • Embedded graphics may not be larger than 640h x 480v pixels. If it simply has to be larger, please bury it under a spoiler tag.
  • Signature block image links may not display larger than 500h x 150v pixels.
  • Animated gifs may not be displayed.
  • Material from other forums, particularly discussions about beta features that are not yet in production, are generally discouraged unless you bury them under a spoiler tag.
  • Support ticket conversations are confidential, and references thereto will be removed.
Code:
The syntax for a spoiler tag is listed as part of the general BBCODE help
that’s available under the Help tag in the lower right of all forum pages.

We also have comprehensive support for tabular data.

[SPOILER=Subject]Bury your oversized graphics, or Beta treasures, under a spoiler tag.[/SPOILER]

Bury your oversized graphics, or Beta treasures, under a spoiler tag.

DeletedUser2522

Why would you start us off fighting an army that's hundreds and hundreds of times more powerful than anything I have opened, what fun is that?
It's ridiculous, we're supposed to sit and stare at it for a month until we open strong enough units? Or just buy your way through? You could have saved a lot of time and just opened a store for that. What were you thinking?

DeletedUser1016

My mistake Rubydragon - I did say "fight each tournament 8 times"...,but you are correct, there are only 6 levels in each tournament province. Although, I think there is more than only 8 tournaments available during the week? I've opened 9 tournaments, so I would presume there are as many tournaments as previously conquered provinces that match the week's goods [i.e. scrolls for this first tournament]. I may do the 9th tournament just to see if it goes on & on....lol

I have fought the second level of all the eight opened tournaments...I discovered that I was able to use autofight because the second level enemies are elves, which is what I am and I'm very familiar with that type of battle. I was comfortable with using autofight against elf troops, the first level was against humans, which I've never fought and was unable to use the autofight. The "tournament point" values are higher the second time around, but I still don't know if they are worth anything to me [an average player].

I came back to the forum to edit this post because I went back to the world map and finished number 9 tournament and a subsequent 10th opened up...so from that, I presume there are as many tournaments available as discovered provinces of the same resource/goods [i.e. scrolls].

DeletedUser1122

I discovered that I was able to use autofight because the second level enemies are elves,
Not clear what you are indicating. The 25% additional loss of troops from auto fighting does occur in tournaments? or the AI vs AI is as effective as manual fighting? The first move/first attack is not important with elves?
I am glad they fixed auto fighting so it is effective as manual fighting because fighting is so boring.
[an average player].
Don't be so humble! You have researched tournaments and fought in 9 province tournaments with 8 battles at level 1 = 72 battles in 2 days. and no catering!
What was your haul in relics and shards?
If you are average guess that makes me :(:oops:
I don't have that many troops lying in wait with the provinces/world map being so much more important.
I should finish the research tomorrow morning though.:rolleyes:

DeletedUser1122

The difficulty of each tournament is effected by your Squad Size technology, the distance from your city, and how many times you've already done the tournament during the current week.
Squad size technology difficulty must be an arbitrary determined number. How much does the degree of difficult grow with distance, say 2% per ring? Can frequency difficult growth be assign a % also? Does this also effect catering costs?

DeletedUser61

We simply don't know yet, and will need to collect quite a bit more data before the pattern emerges. If you want to take a look at the same issue in the regular sectors, the pattern is detailed at https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index....ming-about-tournaments.1728/page-3#post-12038

index.php

DeletedUser1016

Hi 6pac...in regards to fighting the tournaments using auto-fight....I used it on the "second round" when fighting elves with elves because I feel comfortable with the odds, since I play the game as an Elf. I don't know if you play as a human or an elf, but if you're an elf, you'd have discovered that when battling crystal provinces you can not loose if you use five [5] treants, hence I always auto-fight my crystal provinces - free KP - sweet!!! . Fighting in the tournaments is similar as fighting a crystal province...Fighting the tournaments is not the same as typical province battles, I feel that they are much easier if you use your top troops. As I mentioned earlier, I'm in the Fairy Chapter, so I have Sorceress III & Granite Golems, so having top level troops really helps....just as a hint...I just discovered that I can use auto-fight on almost all my tournament battles....I put one [1] Sword Dancer with four [4] Granite Golems, I end up sacrificing 1/2 of my SW, but I loose minimal Golems, and SW are cheap.... Of course this applies to Elves against Elves.

DeletedUser1122

I went back to the world map and finished number 9 tournament and a subsequent 10th opened up
Are you getting the same awards (2 KP) in the later tournament provinces? Do you notice a change in the degree of difficulty when fighting farther from your city ?

DeletedUser1390

I'm in agreement that the KP thing back tracking, and trying to go forward... with everything taking up KP, EVERYTHING you have added and no increase in KP. I'm not looking for harder things to reach while you improve the game. KP hold us all back... the chests took me by surprise to.. however I like that part.
I have also read the thread where people aren't even getting KP's worth the Tournament try. Re-vamp the KP earning somehow and I think you'll have a happier group.
For me, joining the Tournament is setting me back, I'll pass. Not such a good feature for me.

From what I can tell so far you will recoup the 40KP in very short order.

DeletedUser61

For each round, during a Tournament, the rewards seem to be the same but the difficulty varies a LOT by distance, and a little bit by sequence within a ring.

Round two seems to offer twice the rewards with about 20% more difficulty.

Round three seems to be Rune Shards rather than Relics + KPs.

Rounds 4-6 haven't been consistent, I won't even guess.

DeletedUser1016

I've played 11 tournaments and I'm on the third star [level 3], and I only got one rune [not a rune shard] for the light house, which was not my favorite at this late in the game! I've got 32...oops, now 33 runes for the light house...lol. So out of 11 tournaments at level 3 I got one [1] rune.... I would rather a shard, then I can add to 10 others to create a rune I need.

Oh, and the rune was in addition to KP & Relics...those quantities stay consistent throughout each level.

Although, I do like getting 4kp [lvl 3] instead of only 2kp [lvls 1 & 2]...and the tournament points increase significantly, yet I still don't know how valuable they are until the tournament ends [in 18hrs]...we'll see if they are worth anything.

The first tournament [#1] is worth just catering because it's so inexpensive, but beyond that, they increase significantly. Not really each "single" encounter, but cumulatively they get expensive because there are eight [8] in each province. So I usually fight the others. I use auto-fight because I've discovered a combination of troops that generally wins without loosing too many of my troops; I also cater the ones that I've determined I can't auto-fight without "significant" loss.

I find that all the battles are very similar in difficulty no matter how far the province is from my city...what the difference is, is the squad size. So loosing one squad in a province that is close to your city is a minimal loss, but loosing one squad in, say #11, is more significant. That's were I see the difference.

DeletedUser61

The paradigm seems to be that you'll get about half of your squads in the innermost rings, and the enemy will get 10% less.

Just as a guess, if you're too ambitious you'll get to the point where you CAN'T service the full allotment, as would also be the case if you're lost a lot of troops, and you'd thereby lose the advantage of your 10% head start, and you'd get creamed.

Judging from other games, reviving troops "just this once" is a major money maker for InnoGames.

CreditCard-Trap480.png

DeletedUser627

As a very loose rule of thumb - you can compare what it currently costs you to buy KP, vs what it costs you to cater and win the KP. This will vary for each of us over time...and vary per province.

As for the Relics: personally I'm going to get as many as possible up to the boost cap. Even if they're very expensive, the increased goods production will be worth it in the long run.

The notion of playing through all the way to get a few random Rune Shards...well, again it will cost more to win a random and/or unneeded Run Shard than it would to win one I know I need via contribution to another Wonder.

So, fight for fun if you want to spare the resources, fight if KP is cheaper, or for boosted Relics.