• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Release Notes version 1.52

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Well, I've inserted screen shots cropped in Paint before, but I cannot figure out how to do it now for some reason! I have the Winter Set with 1 Mt Troll, 1 Hand, 2 Fountains, and 2 Vortexes. There is one road square that touches the hand and one Vortex (just how it fit with the road, had it just touching the Vortex, but had to move the road over one for the Willows that are along that road). The Hand and both Fountains get 2 bonuses, the Troll and both Vortexes get all three bonuses.
The arrangement is sort of like this:
Fountain Vortex
Troll Hand
Fountain Vortex
But, it is staggered so both Vortexes touch a Fountain, Troll & Hand.
Not willing to mess up collection times at the moment to change around the layout, but I think it may be working because the duplicates do not touch each other. If I tried to connect the road to a fountain, touch that fountain with another fountain and then have the other buildings touching the 2nd fountain in the chain, I don't think it would work.

Since I can't even insert a pic tonight, ya might just want to ignore me...

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
The Wiki Set Building entry of Dec. 4 says:

Any building of a set can serve as a Portal/Connector for the other buildings that are part of the same set [emphasis mine].
Since a 'set' in this context
Except that context was not present for the first 4 months. 50 red apples and one yellow apple is as much as set of apples as 1 red apple and one yellow apple or 150 green apples. They could have said "Set of unique buildings," but they didn't, so players have, for four moths, assumed a set being a collection of related buildings without so much as a peep from anyone that it wasn't true.

Had the team said something in mid December when it surfaced, players could have made different, meaningful, choices about what to do with the rest of their event currency. If they had said something after that event, we could have made different meaningful choices with the spring event. Instead, they sprang it on us by surprise in an inconsistent fashion. The fact is (if you bother to look at the screen cap in the closed thread), they are still activating multiples of one building, as long as those buildings each have a point of contact with another unique building. So a set of 1 ice mountain troll and nine fountains is still a set. It's only the fountains that are touching another fountain but not touching the Ice mountain that are considered to be not part of the set. You can arrange things so that 1 ice mountain troll and 9 fountains are a set, or you can arrange it so 1 ice mountain and 2 fountains are two separate sets, even if they are touching. It is an unclear, inconsistent, change without warning.
I think it may be working because the duplicates do not touch each other. If I tried to connect the road to a fountain, touch that fountain with another fountain and then have the other buildings touching the 2nd fountain in the chain, I don't think it would work.
This is true in all cases that I can see. Including the screen cap from the original closed bug report, which had 9 active ice fountains attached to one troll
The purple ones are 20KP and the blue are 5KP.
Thanks, @Mykan.

Last edited:

DeletedUser5800

Not willing to mess up collection times at the moment to change around the layout, but I think it may be working because the duplicates do not touch each other.
Like I did in the ones I posted.. as long as they are touching other buildings in the set they do not need a road but they don't count each other as a connection. ;)

Example: If A and A both touch B and B has a road connection they are both fine but if A only touches another A they both need one.
No link = No road connection

DeletedUser51

We are going to get clarification as to whether duplicates of the same set are or are not able to be connected to each other. I do not believe that the intent was to have multiple 'unique' sets connected to a single point of road but we have players reporting that this is still occurring, while others are saying it is not and they did need additional roadways.

I was able to get confirmation, and my original post is indeed correct. We are working to get a few instances of a bug cleared up, but this is how set buildings are intended to work.

qaccy

While I'm in favor of the change to AW rewards, I don't like that the amount of KP provided by the Ancient Knowledge instant is not listed on the AW contribution list. This makes it pretty unintuitive, as contributors have no idea how much KP they'll be receiving back until the AW progress bar is full and they actually receive their rewards. I'm hoping this can be rectified in the future.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
While I'm in favor of the change to AW rewards, I don't like that the amount of KP provided by the Ancient Knowledge instant is not listed on the AW contribution list. This makes it pretty unintuitive, as contributors have no idea how much KP they'll be receiving back until the AW progress bar is full and they actually receive their rewards. I'm hoping this can be rectified in the future.
I'd like the number back, also, but in the meantime, the purple instant is always 20, and the blue instant is always 5. so it is possible to know ahead, just not straightforward..

DeletedUser5800

Next question is when are they going to change World Map provinces to handing out a 10 KP AW Instant at completion rather than a Kp per encounter... and how slow do people have to get before they feel they have slowed everyone down enough? When people have to wait days for each tech. and this is just an AW donation game?

Pheryll

Set Designer
I was able to get confirmation, and my original post is indeed correct. We are working to get a few instances of a bug cleared up, but this is how set buildings are intended to work.

The descriptor of "multiple sets" seems a little odd due to its functionality. As Tedious' example shows, one can chain set buildings in an A-B-A-etc. connection and all of them would benefit from a single road even if the link bonus would be redundant in various links of the chain. The end result is that you could have the equivalent of multiple sets linked together so long as any A-A connections would have a pathway around to make them A-B-A.

Ælfwine said:
-if you have A, B, B, and C, only ONE of the B buildings will give a bonus, and BOTH B buildings would need a street connection. The second B building will produce as a single building only.

This may well be the intent, but it is not remotely working as described. This description appears to be just a repackaging of the FoE system, which, I am told, will give all set buildings full bonus if they are all connected. This is why you have described the second B as only giving a single production, when it is unclear how B is actually linked in (A-B and B-C could form separate sets). Here in Elvenar, the implementation looks at each link, and gives bonuses based on the link- not on how "complete" the full set is. This is why people have pursued duplicate buildings. They cannot get the full bonus for more than one easter set building without having duplicates to ensure that links to one event building are also all accounted for on another.

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Next question is when are they going to change World Map provinces to handing out a 10 KP AW Instant at completion rather than a Kp per encounter... and how slow do people have to get before they feel they have slowed everyone down enough? When people have to wait days for each tech. and this is just an AW donation game?
I've seen the "they are trying to slow us down" post many times now, but I don't really think they are.
24hx7=168/w
8KP per 48h from map*=28/w
Individual KP for 1600 TP*= 79/w
ToS= 7KP
-----------
40 KP per day If you don't buy any

Since techs average out to be less than 80 KP each**, that only gives players 2 days to produce enough guest race goods to match KP production.

I just don't understand what the devs motive for slowing players down would be. At one point that theory made sense as we thought they needed time to design the next guest race, but the data miners have told us that chapters 13&14 are ready to go, but are being held like ch 12 was since T5&6 will be a resource that needs to be traded for. Also, I would guess (based off of all of the Max level magic Res/WS out there) that inno sees a nice uptick in diamond sales with each chapter release, so getting the "required" % of players to the end of the tech tree quickly in order to launch the next one would seem to be in Inno's best interest.

There have also been several changes that should be speeding up the game like
Event buildings giving mana and seeds
Supplies, coin, and timer instants
More frequent events meaning more efficient buildings per city
Fast mobile visits (more coins= more KP)

As for the AW only KP rewards, having those increase by 80-130% should mean that players have more and better wonders which should increase general efficiency as well as seeds production.

*Note: While many small players aren't getting 1600 TP, those same players can probably scout much faster than once every 48h, and have cheaper techs, which should balance it out.
**Note2: I haven't added up all of the KP needed in each chapter, but using chapter 12 as an example, 2,125 KP with 40 per day is 54 days, which is exactly how long it took me to complete it.

hvariidh gwendrot

these wait times you are talking about is mind boggling, i'm finishing tech level 2 and starting ring 7 for provinces with 2 hrs plus scouting time which after reading the last few posts will sound like the speed of light to you all

DeletedUser51

The descriptor of "multiple sets" seems a little odd due to its functionality.

I was not commenting on functionality or anything else, I was simply confirming for players how Set Buildings are intended to work at this time to try to cut down on some of the confusion after the update. If they are not working as intended, then we will certainly look in to those cases as we see them :)

DeletedUser5800

I've seen the "they are trying to slow us down" post many times now, but I don't really think they are.
Maybe you don't notice the slowing because you don't go very fast anyway. :D It's not like you have been ahead of 98% the whole time or anything. LOL

Seriously I have done zero math but I have 4 cities now all started several months after the previous and each one has felt more dragging than the last and it's always waiting on Kp for the tech tree that makes it booooring... so my thought was that if there are less and less Kp to put in from multiple sources that just has to be more of a tech. drag which equals either spend diamonds on Kp which I'm guessing not many people do ever but maybe noobs will if they keep tweaking it the way they have been?, or wander off and never come back which is problem enough as it is.

Luckily I'm far enough along on my main that I don't really care if my little cities drag but were I just starting I think I might have never made it without getting bored to tears and leaving... speeding through tech. was my main driver the whole time.

DeletedUser9601

Seriously I have done zero math but I have 4 cities now all started several months after the previous and each one has felt more dragging than the last and it's always waiting on Kp for the tech tree that makes it booooring...
I've felt this a bit in my second city, but I am not sure its tied entirely to changes to KP accumulation. I think its, in part, because you're rehashing things you've already done. And I would be another part of it is that you're better at the game than when you played your first city. Your city is more efficient, you understand boosts, you get further in events, you're better at fighting/military stuff, etc. etc. etc. Since the early parts of the game are a lot easier now, you're naturally doing less in those cities (mentally, that is), so there's more dead time.

I'm in Ch 4 now (vs S&D in my main), and for the longest time I kept thinking - "I feel like there was a lot more to this game pre-Dwarves." But in reality: A. I'm just better at juggling non-guest race goods than I was the first time, so naturally it feels like I have less to do, and B. The first time I played I was struggling because I didn't have an FS, I didn't do tournaments, I wasn't focusing on my boosted goods, I wasn't good at accumulating relics. So if I look back rationally, I'm probably progressing much faster than the first time I played, but I'm wasting a lot less in the process.

DeletedUser5800

So if I look back rationally, I'm probably progressing much faster than the first time I played, but I'm wasting a lot less in the process.
You lost me at rationally! :oops:
Really. I believe that mostly to be true, paired with my lack of a proper time concept from living the same day over and over for the past few years... but it does always seem like they are trying to cause more gaps than filler for various reasons.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
these wait times you are talking about is mind boggling, i'm finishing tech level 2 and starting ring 7 for provinces with 2 hrs plus scouting time which after reading the last few posts will sound like the speed of light to you all

Everything is relative. I'm up to 2 1/2 days to scout but I don't need them anyway. Actually everything takes more of everything and longer but I don't think it is out of balance compared to way back in the game just more & bigger.

qaccy

I'd like the number back, also, but in the meantime, the purple instant is always 20, and the blue instant is always 5. so it is possible to know ahead, just not straightforward..

Looking around at some AWs, it looks like you're correct. Is every AW reward just broken down into an applicable amount of 20- and 5-KP instants? That'd actually be pretty simple and elegant to catch on to, so perhaps seeing the number isn't even necessary!

DeletedUser1390

Thanks for checking on this.

Obviously the developers are standing by their redoubtable position that if this is how it was originally intended to be, this is how it should be. While one can of course see the logic of this, I hope they might in the future consider my earlier point: If a feature is introduced working a certain way, and works that way for several months, the players naturally adapt and plan accordingly. So for them to suddenly say 'oops never mind we really meant this' is not very fair or considerate to the players. They might consider:

a) simply accepting the de facto functionality if it creates no significant balance or gameplay issues, or
b) if they truly feel the feature is being abused in some way that is unacceptable, announce with one update that this feature was not intended and will be corrected in the following update, so the players can prepare for the change, or
c) at the very least, indicate the change clearly in the update notes, which this update did not, so players have at least a few days' notice (I guess this one is obvious to you, since I'm sure you're rather not be flooded with questions about it as you were this week);)

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Looking around at some AWs, it looks like you're correct. Is every AW reward just broken down into an applicable amount of 20- and 5-KP instants? That'd actually be pretty simple and elegant to catch on to, so perhaps seeing the number isn't even necessary!

Yes every AW uses combinations of 20kp or 5kp so it is easy enough to work out. We now get just under 20% of the research cost back as KP (was roughly 10% before)

Edit: New charts are up on Gems of Knowledge now
https://www.gamersgemsofknowledge.com/new-kp-bonus-charts

Last edited: