• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Release Notes version 1.52

Laochra

When will messaging be available on the mobile version???
You created a new way to get new players into the game, but no one can communicate with them, unless they figure out how to join a FS. o_O

I like how one of my Mages put it: "We have a new airplane we're putting out, we can't get the ground to air communications on there just yet but we have the intercom working fine, it'll be no problem at all."

DeletedUser12564

AW rewards 4-22-18.jpg
  • From now on, players won't receive Knowledge Points as Ancient Wonders contributions anymore, but Ancient Knowledge
    • The amount of KP in Ancient Knowledge is higher than the KP you received before the change, in some cases even doubled.
    • The amount of players who will receive rewards is slightly increased based on the number of requested Knowledge Points for the next level of an Ancient Wonder.
  • The chests that indicate that you will receive a reward for contributing to an Ancient Wonders will now now indicate the amount of rune shards inside (they will NOT indicate your rank anymore)
    • wooden chest = no shards, only Ancient Knowledge
    • bronze chest = 1 shard
    • silver chest = 2 shards
    • golden chest = at least 3 shards
Something seems to not be working right. Today I finished out an ancient wonder belonging to a neighbor and the reward for the gold chest was two five point ancient knowledge instants and only a single rune shard. This was from a gold chest, the rest of the chests just looked like wooden chests and the rewards showed for them was only ancient knowledge instants.
This had been started before the update but since they were ancient wonder instead of KP it seems like part of the update applied and part of it didn't.
Also, clicking on the research icon continues to bring me back to the end of the last chapter instead of opening up to where I am in the current chapter. Do these things need to be reported as bugs?

Unrelated to this update, but in the hopes that someone at Inno reads this forum; I'd like to ask for an update that gives more of a guarantee of applicable level rune shards from provinces further out from my location. Today I completed province 192, 10 or 11 rings out from my location, and got a rune shard for the Martial Monastery. I've researched seven AWs past that one but rarely get those shards from provinces, which keeps me having to spend KP/AK on neighbor's wonders instead of in my own place to guarantee getting a shard I can use.

Thanks for your time.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
This was from a gold chest
Looks like a bronze chest to me. You won't see a gold chest until a wonder is around level 9-14 (depends on wonder) and has 7 total chests.
Also, you'll never see just gold and wood. You'd see the whole set of wood, bronze, silver and gold if there is a gold.

DeletedUser12564

Ah..okay. So it's all dependent on AW level and you get less from a lower level wonder even if you donate the most. Time to do some rethinking of playstyle.
Thanks for clarifying that.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
The chest colours have changed to match the rewards given, based on runes. So the wooden chest for no runes and varying degrees as your runes increase from 1, 2, 3, etc.

You receive approx. 20% of the research cost of a wonder back as rewards, spread across the top contributors. This is roughly double what it was before.

DeletedUser14770

SO BASICALLY YOU FOUND A DIFFERENT WAY TO SCREW US? I *LIKED* being able to CHOOSE where I spent the knowledge points I earned as a reward from investing in my neighbors. Not only that - it seems like we are only going to get rune shards - not full runes - from now on. Progress through the game is already slow and difficult as it is. These kinds of things make me want to quit the game. Please let me use the knowledge point instants the way I'd like.

NOT HAPPY with this change.

-C

Pheryll

Set Designer
I think the confusion over rune shards would be gone if they removed the word "shard" from it. You would have rune wheel, rune, and broken rune then. It would make complete sense.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
That's one good alternative, or rename the wheel to something like "Artifact" then have 9 runes (or 90 broken runes) in an artifact.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I decided I'm calling them *runes* and *broken shards*. When explaining how things work responding to questions in the FS, when I keep the word 'shard' separate from 'runes', I discovered I get way less questions back. I never use the term 'shard' without the 'broken' either, no matter how 'lazy typer' I get.

DeletedUser14770

"We always got rune shards from helping Ancient Wonders, and we still do. We get broken rune shards for some things, but that is not for helping AWs.
10 broken shards = 1 shard
9 matching rune shards = 1 rune wheel."

-I see your point. When I first read it, it seemed like we were only going to be receiving broken pieces of runes, not full shards :(

The biggest issue I have with the change is not being able to choose where I use the KP. More KP isn't really More KP if we can't use it where we'd like.

-T

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
The biggest issue I have with the change is not being able to choose where I use the KP. More KP isn't really More KP if we can't use it where we'd like.
Understandable, but if I might share some of my insights:

Part 1 - Pacing:
Players really wanted the KP drops from AWs and tournaments to be stored so it doesn't interfere with regular accumulation.
The core mechanic of the game is pacing, which is dually controlled by multiple variables, including resources and KP.
Once a person can store an unlimited amount of KP in instants, they can eliminate KP as a pacing. With a few hundred stored KP instants*, you can blow through a newly released chapter as fast as you can acquire the resources. Then you get bored until the next chapter drops, which increases the chance you'll stop playing.

Part 2 - City-space pressure:
The devs are up against some intractable limits with the city map. Adding more graphics makes the game slower and more prone to crashing, so they've had to balance making the map larger against losing players with computers that aren't top of the line. They have a large market component that is very mature players (over 50) who are not interested in buying a new rig for gaming every other year.
Ancient wonders provide additional assets without needing more space. My mountain halls and Golden Abyss aren't even half way to fully upgraded, yet between them they are supplying over 10,000 population. My Shrewdy Shrooms and Dwarven Bulwark aren't half way, yet together they give me training size equivalent to 15 fully upgraded armouries. It is the interest of both players, and the designers, to get players to pay more attention to Ancient Wonders as the engine of their growth, instead of the tech tree. Getting players to look at AWs with renewed interest requires a carrot of some kind. Extra KP that can only be used in AWs is absolutely going to be that carrot.

Inno can't afford to have players running through the tech tree at high speed and then getting bored and quitting. they need to engage us so that we stick around and keep giving them money (or at least keep being tempted to give them money).

*My FS gets at least 8 chests almost every week, which is 80kp per person in stored instants. If the next chapter 12 weeks out, any of our players who are finished could have 960 KP stored. And in the meantime, they'd have also put 1200 kp into other people's AWs (because they have nowhere else to put them at that stage) which would get them at least another 200 or 300 in storage. They'd have over 1000 KP ready to dump into the tech tree as fast as they can obtain the resources.

Last edited:

DeletedUser11800

I hope this is the right place to post this. I am not impressed with the Ancient Knowledge.

First, it discourages smaller cities from contributing to ancient wonders. It is also not an incentive for them to participate in events or FA.

Second, I find the restriction on how I spend the points annoying. I understand the idea that the rewards for helping ancient wonders is more points for ancient wonders and more points than before when they were just knowledge points. But I do not like it. Maybe if there were more smaller denominations so I had more choice about how I spend them (on myself or others) I would not mind so much? Nah! I am not inspired by them and find them a poor reward for FA or other events.

The first point is very important and really should be addressed.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
First, it discourages smaller cities from contributing to ancient wonders. It is also not an incentive for them to participate in events or FA.
This is only true if those players haven't learned about how awesome wonders are yet.

Mykan

Oh Wise One

Can you elaborate on this please? I fail to see how this is the case. From my perspective it encourages contributing to wonders, as that is where they can be used.

FA incentive is more complex as it really comes down to your view on wonders verse the buildings. The buildings usefulness to a person also has a huge impact on that discussion as they are useless to some people, at least KP is useful for everyone (unless you plan to never get to Halflings and beyond). Either way they will never satisfy everyone, so they seem to be rotating around the happiness/unhappiness of it.