• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Release notes version 1.6

DeletedUser43

After fighting all day long, I keep having tons of bugs. My grids on the battlefield keep disappearing. As do the troops. If tournaments are going to be a big part of this game, some of this needs to be fixed.

DeletedUser626

50 diamond is a very nice surprise! thank you, I didn't notice till i saw it in this thread.
nice to be able to get a Princess Anwen with those extra diamonds.

I wonder if we got them for bug reporting, or something else.

DeletedUser551

Please be careful of the multi-posting rule. You can use the edit button if you want to include additional information to your post. Also please take the time to read all the responses before replying, so you can appropriately quote all the parts you want to address.

DeletedUser43

A warning was issued. Thank you.

Fyi....that double post wasn't a double post. I was writing a comment to someone in a private conversation. I am exhausted from these tournaments. I made an error. If I just remove that comment now then the warning won't make sense, so it stays up.

DeletedUser1122

After fighting all day long, I keep having tons of bugs.
Internal error on last fight in tournament province 3. I will retreat, loss my losses and have to re-fight the whole thing again sometime tomorrow when they hurry and fix the bug. Sure not gonna fight when there is a bug like that laying in wait.

I wonder if we got them for bug reporting, or something else.
In my case it was based on my cool glasses.

A warning was issued. Thank you

Thinking it was me. I keep thinking that different topics/specific responses should have its own reply. Is there a time limit on how this rule is applied?

DeletedUser

Okay so apparently making 2 seperate comments concerning 2 DIFFERENT topics in this discussion is against the forum rules and 'FLAGS' you for a warning... Starting to get even MORE upset with moderators and developers the more time passes! Look at my 1 comment here and tell me I actually made the SAME reply/comment twice. Why bother even being a part of a discussion if you guys want to keep sending me warnings every single time I post something? I feel like you are singling me out for some reason ... and NOT a good one!

DeletedUser

Same issue for me yesterday. Today I got a help desk response. They more or less said. a lot of people are encountering this problem. The problem will be addressed then posted in forums. We can hope. I am wondering if I retreat and throw away all the troops I lost will it get me out of the error?

DeletedUser627

Okay so apparently making 2 seperate comments concerning 2 DIFFERENT topics in this discussion is against the forum rules and 'FLAGS' you for a warning... Starting to get even MORE upset with moderators and developers the more time passes! Look at my 1 comment here and tell me I actually made the SAME reply/comment twice. Why bother even being a part of a discussion if you guys want to keep sending me warnings every single time I post something? I feel like you are singling me out for some reason ... and NOT a good one!

Don't feel bad - as we say in Texas, if you ain't been busted, you ain't been trying.

DeletedUser68

making 2 seperate comments concerning 2 DIFFERENT topics in this discussion is against the forum rules
Rather than posting concurrent sequential messages, we want you to simply edit your most recent post. The easiest technique is to multi-quote anything that you MIGHT want to respond to, as you're reading the messages on each page, and then cull out the bits that are superfluous. The desired outcome is a single, nicely organized, easy to read post that's responsive to the various issues that have been raised during the previous several hours.

DeletedUser2788

Btw just wondering did anyone else get 50 diamonds given to them with this update? I did and a few others in my fellowship did to, but it seems not all of us got them so did anyone else get any?? And Thank you Elvenar that was a nice little surprise=}}

I didn't get any. I guess some are more lucky than others. :)

DeletedUser627

The desired outcome is a single, nicely organized, easy to read post that's responsive to the various issues

...because, after all, Inno sets this example for us to follow. Isn't our Wiki a model of organization, easy to read with amazing responsiveness to new releases? And we do receive such well-considered descriptions of new content - replete with sufficient detail.

(Nothing personal, Missnathropy. You're doing your job, thank you.

I'd like to suggest an update to the rules. Rather than "Avoid multi-posting", which leaves the possibility that a multi-post might be unavoidable, you should say, "Multi-posting will be corrected / deleted without fail and with public censure". For native English-speakers, "avoid" is a discretionary term, not a mandatory rule.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1016

I feel pretty stupid....what are double posts? I am suppose to only post once per thread, then keep adding to it using the edit feature? How is that going to be chronological? I've seen these warnings before, but just presumed it was for something more serious and didn't apply to me...guess I'm wrong?

...and now we are off topic [release 1.6]....

DeletedUser68

For native English-speakers, "avoid" is a discretionary term, not a mandatory rule.
The use of good judgment IS our intention. It's not a mechanical rule,
but if you just posted three messages in a row, just a few minutes apart, you're probably going to get dinged.

Put on your "six weeks from now" hat, and pretend that you're trying to get up to speed on a particular topic, and also that you do indeed have something unique to contribute.
  • As you plow thorough the tread, or at least the messages since your previous post, you can collect attributed tidbits by using the page oriented multi-quoting tool. Just highlight the tidbit, and click multi-quote.
  • So long as you're still on the same page you can even reorder the tidbits that you want to use as your springboard. As much as anything, quotes are an effective way of engaging your audience. Folks love it when others acknowledge and respond to their ideas. Even if they're wrong! :p
  • If you want to span multiple pages then you have to do an extra cut/paste step to carry your selections over to the edit box on the subsequent page.
Responsive, well organized posts that acknowledge the various points of view, and that are easy to read, are a real treasure. Folks will begin to regard your posts as especially worthy of their attention and, as a consequence, you'll have a very effective lever for influencing the course of the discussion, and thereby its conclusions.

We have some remarkable forum tools, and we are encouraging folks to discover them and to use them to full advantage.

DeletedUser1016

but if you just posted three messages in a row, just a few minutes apart, you're probably going to get dinged.

Got it, thanks Missanthropy -

DeletedUser627

That rather clarifies things at multiple levels. I fear we're a group with near-universal poor judgment: I've only seen one member allowed to multi-post. But he seldom "acknowledges various points of view", so the criteria for good judgment is beyond my simple ken.

When I'm browsing through a thread, looking for something I'm sure is there - it's more difficult to locate when buried into a long post covering multiple facets of a topic. It's especially difficult when a player segues into an entirely different point within the same post. In instances like this, it would be helpful for the "six week hat" if they could split the comment.

DeletedUser

OOOKKKKK. I am trained as a special education teacher. But I admit I didn't really get your explanation Missanthropy. I don't use forums enough to know how or what the multi quote tool is or any other things like that. So if we come back to a topic we are suppose grab all our old comments on the topic remove them and sum it up add it to our new thoughts? If someone is new to the topic the won't know to go look at my new post to see what i said before. Or are you meaning just do it to resent comments? But they still will be out of context. I guess this is just one of my slow days. Make me glad i don't do forums much and I'm thinking i will keep it that way. lol.

DeletedUser1161

Back to the release notes, I love the new Inspiring Meditation spell. It was one of the ideas tossed around on the beta forum and I'm very glad to see it implemented. My magic academy feels more useful now.

DeletedUser68

if we come back to a topic we are suppose grab all our old comments on the topic remove them and sum it up add it to our new thoughts?
Nope, there's no need to regurgitate previous content. If you've changed your mind you might want to do an editorial pass, but even then it's usually better to simply admit that you've considered subsequent comments, and you've modified your position accordingly. That encourages other folks to also tune their positions.

Procedurally, as you're reading the recent posts, rather than immediately responding to each idea that resonates with you:
  • USE the multi-quote tool to accumulate attributed tidbits
  • Reorder the quotes as you prefer
  • Click on the Insert icon to paste the quoted tidbits into the edit box
  • Insert your thoughts, read your overall post at least once, and then post your message
The IMPORANT editorial objectives are:
  • Thoughtful responses help tighten up a thread, rather than fragmenting it
  • Smartass comments look silly when everybody else is being thoughtful
Your posts are going to be available for several months, so they should not be written on toilet paper.