• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Release notes version 1.6

DeletedUser43

Your posts are going to be available for several months, so they should not be written on toilet paper.

Oh...you are just setting that one up on a tee ready to be hit out of the park. ;)

But seriously. This is a forum. Where we chat. We are not writing legal briefs. We have few enough people who are willing to face the massive intimidation level and say anything around here without them thinking they need to be professional writers.

And what on earth has happened to my fighters this morning? They are as sluggish and weak as I am. And the enemy has gotten much stronger!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser594

The editing software is a bit wonky but it gets familiar quickly enough (kind of). Once you've read through the thread just go back to the posts you would like to respond to and hit the the +quote in the lower right hand corner near the post #. Now the quotes are on your clipboard. Go and add more quotes if you want to respond to multiple messages.
hit the green Insert Quotes button lower left corner

I don't use forums enough to know how or what the multi quote tool is or any other things like that. So if we come back to a topic we are suppose grab all our old comments on the topic remove them and sum it up add it to our new thoughts? If someone is new to the topic the won't know to go look at my new post to see what i said before. .

You don't need to grab old comments but you may want some of the more germaine ones so that the narrative isn't lost, but that's up to you.People will generally backtrack to the start of an interesting bit and follow along. You have the edit controls so make it how you like.

I feel pretty stupid....what are double posts? I am suppose to only post once per thread, then keep adding to it using the edit feature? How is that going to be chronological? I've seen these warnings before, but just presumed it was for something more serious and didn't apply to me...guess I'm wrong?

...and now we are off topic [release 1.6]....

You can have multiple posts on the thread but they're spaced out some instead of onetwothreesomeoneelsefour. It gets ugly reading a thread when someone drops 7 responses in separate posts in a row and it's harder to follow.

Double posting would be me having used two posts to write this or keep adding posts to reply. I think the general rule is don't make a mess in the common space, but if several have passed you should be ok.

And what on earth has happened to my fighters this morning? They are as sluggish and weak as I am. And the enemy has gotten much stronger!
getting burned on the double post is almost a a rite of passage at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:

Meggi

Well, reading all of the complaints I often wonder is anything ever going to make us happy?
Inno did well with this update. Period.
Like the change in tournament points, at least it makes sense now and also the difference. Now its actually worth it to fight.
I like the hotkey and makes no difference to me if neighbor has visited or not. I will do my visits regardless.

DeletedUser43

I like the change in the tournament points too. (Say the two of us on the top of the tournament leaderboard). ;)

I think they give all folks a chance and they help balance out the game again. Insane, addicted, overachievers can do well and that might keep them in the game. Before, the only way you could do well was to buy snails. This adds a new element and the points make it so it matters. I know this isn't only a fighting game, but fighting is a part of the game and it is cool that this aspect of the game can help you.

I can promise you though from the costs of the tournament to my troops...it will NOT be the same folks on the top of the tournament leaderboard each week. Not possible. Unless you buy your way there, but then, what different is that vs. buying nothing but snails.

DeletedUser1016

Like the change in tournament points, at least it makes sense now and also the difference. Now its actually worth it to fight.

Does anyone know if it's retroactive for the first two [2] tournaments, the scroll and silk tournaments? I ranked 10th and then 7th and got 91- pnts and 94-pnts. I've been updating my barracks and armories, so my ranking has gone up a lot and I wouldn't have noticed if it was added for past tournaments. I'm not holding my breath, but it would be nice to know?

DeletedUser1903

still wondering what is up with the 'coming soon' mercenary camp...I don't understand why they are doing new aw's early in tech when they added something & left it unfinished..there are several in my fellowship that have a #4 mrec camp waiting for it to be finished...it's poor planning & form to have this uncompleted feature of the game, 2 inno episodes ago they told us abt fairy troops but we still cannot use them,,,,is the merc camp obsolete? will it ever be completed or is it a lost cause...should I delete it? How do I get an answer from someone at Inno????? I have asked my moderator to no avail...who can we ask that has an actual answer for us?

DeletedUser627

@elusivelle I agree it is slow in coming...but if I had to choose between 1) planning the space and preparing the facility via upgrades vs. 2) having an entirely full Fairy city with zero population/culture remaining and then learning that I have to make space for a building...

I'd choose the current scenario. For me, I don't mind a slow developing game. I just hate the general level of inconsideration. This was welcome exception!

DeletedUser1903

I hear ya, ;) I am glad I knew abt merc camp ahead of time, made space for it & it's lvl 4, ready to go when they do finally 'arrive', I'm just impatient, lol, :oops: I only play in 1 world & I finished the tech tree almost 3 wks ago now...so glad they did the tournaments, but my super-excitement about getting new fairy troops has become :eek: frustration,,,trying to be patient & wait for them...lol

DeletedUser61

who can we ask that has an actual answer for us?
If you were to talk to the developer who is actually responsible for the actual coding on the Fairy Units, I suspect you'd get an earful.
  • The ability to fly trivializes the barriers, so the pathing probably has to be fiddled.
  • The heavy melee units were probably getting stomped, and that has to be dealt with
  • They're probably trying to incorporate some combat spells, concurrent with the new flying units.
  • The flying units won't have their feet on the ground, and that makes the layering a lot tricker
  • We had a lot of bugs that were caused by the Magic Academy interfering with the Barracks, and there's still several goofy tournament related completion bugs. Another layer of training confusion is the last thing that we need right now.
That's all speculation of course, but I DO NOT want to see ill-conceived new units that will totally mess up the combat dynamics

DeletedUser1903

I DO NOT want to see ill-conceived new units that will totally mess up the combat dynamics
I agree;) thank you for your thoughtful response...I guess my impatient self didn't think about all that could go wrong if they do it too soon with so many bugs & facets to the programming...:oops:...you did calm my nerves a bit on the matter, I'll just be patient & wait for them to be ready for us :)

DeletedUser627

...because we current players don't matter? We're insignificant - little more than a test market. They intend the new fighters to be available in Fairy for future players, so we're stuck with it.

We should have all been part of a larger beta test, with diamonds allotted to us based on play time and other helpful criteria. The scope and significance of Elvenar release screw ups is outside the parameters of reasonable quality.

DeletedUser

Overall, I'm very pleased with the improvements with this update. The new spell addition isn't enough to convince me to try the Magic Academy yet, but it is one that I could possibly see myself using at some point. The fellowship visiting improvements are very nice. I wish that when you clicked on the shield, it would take you back to the spot in the list where you last were, but it does save some time. Neighborly help treasures are nice, although I find most of them unhelpful (since I don't use Magic Academy or Spells, I don't need non-boosted relics.. or bonus spells). Extra KP & boosted relics are a nice bonus, since I'm already helping anyway.

I agree that it hardly seems fair that the people at the edge of the map get a little help, but continue to be penalized for something that is no fault of their own. But it doesn't affect my city directly, so I won't say more about it than that.

DeletedUser43

ghloire .....do you know you can use the spells even if you don't have a magic academy? You can't make any spells but you can use them.