• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Release Notes version 1.75 feedback

Vergazi

I love the new deployment buttons! I use them all the time as I'm a big military expansionist. Collecting goods just isn't as fun as strategizing for battle matchups! While I'm not dealing with Orcs yet, all the bug-fixes seem great. Er...any chance of whispering in some bigwigs ear about a world map neighbor chat channel? ( I had to say it I'm sorry! )

Thanks for all the hard work you guys and gals do there!

Risen Malchiah

Training Grounds - Tooltip properly displays the icon of the unit in production instead of a "?".
Thank you! It appears all the tooltips have been fixed now. :)

I like the idea of reworking the battle interface. Is there a chance this might also remove the extra popups? (Namely the Autofight confirmation box and the individual tournament encounter reward popups when those could be floaters like in mobile.) That's a lot of unnecessary clicking, especially when doing 25-40 provinces in a tourney.

Edit: After seeing the new interface in action, my thoughts are "Meh?" I didn't see any particular benefit to the new look. It doesn't change any functionality, doesn't add keyboard shortcuts to reduce clicking or to swap between troop buildings, and the superfluous dialog boxes are still present.

Second Edit: Wow, how quickly certain things started to irritate me. Since the troop icons now serve as the buttons, we have to deal with constant tooltips popping up as we're selecting troops. If you select troops quickly, this tooltip flickers in and out and the whole interface seems to flicker a bit. I *really* don't like this at all. Also, the squad numbers are nudged a little too far to the left and if you have >999x squads, part of the text is outside the box.

Possible fix: Make the tooltips only popup when hovering over the info box and center the text. Or revert to the old interface... ;)

Final Edit Hopefully: The flickering only occurs in Chrome. Firefox and IE seem fine with Firefox seeming the smoothest of all of them. All 3 browsers do have the text issue however.

Encounter screens have been adjusted in preparation for future features and for better readability of rewards.
Re: The picture shown with the Encounter Rewards of Coins & Supplies. Is this an indication that map and/or tournament encounter rewards will be changing? People aren't gonna like not getting KP, runes, relics or spells.

Last edited:

DeletedUser20743

Inventory - A mysterious new Enchantment was shown in the inventory although it does not exist. It has now vanished again.

Is this the Pet Food? He has not vanished. lol

DeletedUser1390

Definitely better, but would still be nice to have a button to hit once for 5x the same troop.
And this is actually a little worse because there seem to be no clicks for the new troop buttons, which make it easier to tell quickly by ear how many squads you'd gotten. UPDATE: Fought a few more provinces, and I definitely miss those clicks! Had really come rely on them for deploying squads rapidly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fayeanne

Another downside to the new deployment buttons: Because the icons are also buttons, once you place all 5 squads the buttons become disabled and stop reacting to mouse events. The neutral/effective icons on the enemy icons for the last squad that you placed get stuck until you move the mouse over certain other elements in the window, but you can no longer point at your squads to look at their effectiveness. You also cannot click the "i" icons to bring up information about your squads. You have to first remove one of your squad selections before you can do any of these things again.

Gath Of Baal

I think I am going crazy, am really confused or mixing up my games..

I could swear that I have seen a Disable Tooltips checkbox in the options menu before, and when I went to put a checkmark in it to stop the tips from popping up, it wasn't there anymore...

Was it ever an option?

DeletedUser1390

I think I am going crazy, am really confused or mixing up my games..

I could swear that I have seen a Disable Tooltips checkbox in the options menu before, and when I went to put a checkmark in it to stop the tips from popping up, it wasn't there anymore...

Was it ever an option?
a) Pretty sure it was never an option.
b) You sound reasonably sane.
c) You're probably mixing up your games.;)

Fayeanne

I just wanted to mention that the point I made earlier about the disabled deployment buttons has since been addressed. I'm not sure in which update, but either way, kudos!