• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Release Notes version 1.77 Feedback

Risen Malchiah

Battle - The source of your units in the unit selection (Barracks, Training Grounds, Mercenary Camp) is no longer selected seemingly at random but keeps the same order.
Thank you! The random order of troops was annoying. Now if you could also make the left and right arrows larger, that would really help a lot.

Messages/Notifications - Fixed an issue that would sometimes cause timestamps in messages and notifications to claim that the respective item was created in the future.
Great Scott! They're coming for us, Marty!

DeletedUser20951

Don't know why it won't let me quote from the source, but, eh:

"Your city will now remember the location you have centered, and won't pan the camera to your Main Hall when coming back from Research, World Map, or visiting Neighbors anymore."

RUIN AND DAMNATION, it took me forever to adjust to the camera automatically moving when they made the horrific change to the current back in the day! Good that they're finally returning to the original setup, though, even if it'll be mental anguish to readjust.

Fayeanne

"Your city will now remember the location you have centered, and won't pan the camera to your Main Hall when coming back from Research, World Map, or visiting Neighbors anymore."

This just made me very happy!

DeletedUser1390

The production on my maxxed out Constructs buildings just went from 60 to 44. :mad:

I don't remember now how the calculation broke down before. But looking at the current numbers it looks to me like previously the 250% Set Bonus was added first, and then the Portal Bonus and Trader Guild Bonus were given off that higher base; whereas now suddenly the Portal and Trader Guild Bonuses are calculated from the original base production. I think this would explain the production drop.

Could someone please confirm if this change did result from this update, and if so if it was intentional (and completely unannounced) or accidental (in which case please fix it pronto!). These buildings were already extremely slow even with the bonuses compounded!!

DeletedUser20951

Ugh, apparently I had forgotten or blocked it from my mind (or it wasn't like that before, but I think it was), that the camera is fricking screwy when visiting lots of neighbors to give aid one after the other. It centers itself on the differing locations of the main hall at various speeds, depending on how far the distance is between them, and I must thank you for this eyestrain headache. Really, it's awesome. If it can't (won't) be made to keep the position you have in your own city and just pop down onto a neighbor's hall without the spastic camera movement, I want the previous style back. Barring that, I know what I must do. *takes a deep breath, heats trusty stabby knife to a searing glow over flaming brazier, carves out eyes* EEEEEEEEEE!!! IF THINE EYE OFFEND THEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Ugh, apparently I had forgotten or blocked it from my mind (or it wasn't like that before, but I think it was), that the camera is fricking screwy when visiting lots of neighbors to give aid one after the other. It centers itself on the differing locations of the main hall at various speeds, depending on how far the distance is between them, and I must thank you for this eyestrain headache. Really, it's awesome. If it can't (won't) be made to keep the position you have in your own city and just pop down onto a neighbor's hall without the spastic camera movement, I want the previous style back. Barring that, I know what I must do. *takes a deep breath, heats trusty stabby knife to a searing glow over flaming brazier, carves out eyes* EEEEEEEEEE!!! IF THINE EYE OFFEND THEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

This is a difference between HTML5 and Flash. With Flash, it always centered on the main hall when the town loaded. With HTML5, it did the pan to the main hall issue. But at least they fixed half the issue within HTML5. It only pans when going into someone else's city now and no longer pans as well when returning to your city.

DeletedUser20951

This is a difference between HTML5 and Flash. With Flash, it always centered on the main hall when the town loaded. With HTML5, it did the pan to the main hall issue. But at least they fixed half the issue within HTML5. It only pans when going into someone else's city now and no longer pans as well when returning to your city.
Hey, are there still major issues with HTML5? I'd rather prefer use that over Flash, but glitches drive me up the wall and I rarely experience any with the status quo. Well, I guess I could try it, but, eh, I hate being a guinea pig without pay and rather wait until everything's up to muster.

(what I hate more than doing the job of a professional tester for free? Repeating words in the same paragraph unintentionally [whoa, my proofreading is failing me big time; totally thought it was in the same sentence {with my fondness of run-on sentences, it's surprising it wasn't and I think my brain made the leap out of habit |once I start editing something, I want to ke- *slaps self and breaks fingers* ENOUGH.|}])

...Hehehehehehehe, I just realized something. I only ask actual questions when I'm not concerned as to what the answer is. If I am, I either go cross-referencing seeking or do my own testing. I am so distrustful that it's utterly delightful (to me)! :D

PS: I also realized that I don't know what the "|" symbol is called. What in the blue blazes is that thing? By all that's holy, what is its purpose?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser20951

Pipe or Bar
I... really? I am... considering new uses for it now. Strictly to confuse others, of course. Simply saw it as the line above the forward slash, why do you exist, thingamajig, but it is obviously a pipe, isn't it? Thank you for opening my ey- MY EYES! *holds bloody squishy mess in hands and wails*

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I... really? I am... considering new uses for it now. Strictly to confuse others, of course. Simply saw it as the line above the forward slash, why do you exist, thingamajig, but it is obviously a pipe, isn't it? Thank you for opening my ey- MY EYES! *holds bloody squishy mess in hands and wails*

You must be using a weird keyboard. I have a ? above the / (forward slash) on the same key. On the key with \ (backslash), I have a |. Which on this screen prints as a solid line, but on the key it is two separate vertical lines, one above the other.

Anyway:

https://www.yourdictionary.com/vertical-bar

DeletedUser20951

You must be using a weird keyboard. I have a ? above the / (forward slash) on the same key. On the key with \ (backslash), I have a |. Which on this screen prints as a solid line, but on the key it is two separate vertical lines, one above the other.

Anyway:

https://www.yourdictionary.com/vertical-bar
Nope, just never knew which was actually the forward slash and backslash, I'm now seeing to my ruinous conniption of false common knowledge. Much obliged. *tips hat*

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Nope, just never knew which was actually the forward slash and backslash, I'm now seeing to my ruinous conniption of false common knowledge. Much obliged. *tips hat*
It helps to ignore the existance of anything called a "forward" slash. The slash has been used for centuries in writing and mathematics. The backslash is a made up computer thing that had no real use before computers. If you'd normally use it to create a fraction (or separate two words without space i.e. "and/or"), it's a slash. If you couldn't use it to make a fraction, it's a backslash.

Pipe's appearance on keyboards also grew out of computers, specifically text-based computer operating systems. Pipe is a shortcut for "feed this to that" i.e. in unix "blah | grep diamonds" means send the file "blah" to the "grep" sub-routine, which will search it and return any lines that have the word "diamonds" in them.

Pheryll

Set Designer
The production on my maxxed out Constructs buildings just went from 60 to 44. :mad:

I don't remember now how the calculation broke down before. But looking at the current numbers it looks to me like previously the 250% Set Bonus was added first, and then the Portal Bonus and Trader Guild Bonus were given off that higher base; whereas now suddenly the Portal and Trader Guild Bonuses are calculated from the original base production. I think this would explain the production drop.

Could someone please confirm if this change did result from this update, and if so if it was intentional (and completely unannounced) or accidental (in which case please fix it pronto!). These buildings were already extremely slow even with the bonuses compounded!!

The old way was: (1 + 50% per link) x (1 + portal bonus + BTG) x (base level 1 port production + 50% per level up)

The new way is: (1 + 50% per link + portal bonus + BTG) x (base level 1 port production + 50% per level up)

In other words, the portal bonus is now devalued in comparison to the set bonus. Where a max portal originally increased the total production of buildings by 60% now the total increase beyond the max set building is only 24%. With this it would seem going after the port technologies earlier is a better strategy than initially leveling your portal all the way to level 4.

Such a nerf should have been detailed in the patch notes, however, it does make the calculation of the set bonus uniform, with its other implementations, where it is added to the culture bonus for coin and supplies, and where it is added to the Lighthouse of Good Neighborhood bonus for mana.

Last edited:

DeletedUser1390

The old way was: (1 + 50% per link) x (1 + portal bonus + BTG) x (base amount: 50% increase per level up)

The new way is: (1 + 50% per link + portal bonus + BTG) x (base amount: 50% increase per level up)
Thanks for putting this clearly. So my questions are:
- If as it appears this was just changed with this update, was it on purpose?
- If so, why?
- Why was there no mention of it in the release notes (despite mentions of two minor bug fixes in Constructs)?

It is certainly not right to cut the production of settlement buildings by 25% with no explanation.

Pheryll

Set Designer
Thanks for putting this clearly. So my questions are:
- If as it appears this was just changed with this update, was it on purpose?
- If so, why?

One of the bugs that they addressed on Beta involved a building display where the set bonus and culture bonus mechanics for coin and supply generation were reported incorrectly. I guess in solving that bug they decided to make everything uniform.

DeletedUser1390

One of the bugs that they addressed on Beta involved a building display where the set bonus and culture bonus mechanics for coin and supply generation were reported incorrectly. I guess in solving that bug they decided to make everything uniform.
Meaning the bonuses displayed were different from those you were actually getting, or just that they were calculated incorrectly?
And if as you surmise this change was a result of that fix, was it intentional or an unintended consequence? (In the latter case it needs to be fixed, in the former it needs to be explained.)

Pheryll

Set Designer
The collection of coin and supply follows this formula:

(1 + culture bonus + set bonus) x (base production).

On PC (not mobile) the building instead incorrectly report the production as

(1 + culture bonus) x (1 + set bonus) x (base production)

The fix Inno did for culture was to make the display correspond to what was actually produced/collected. However, it seems they also went ahead to make this formula uniform and that changed the production of the construct set.

BuilderRacoon

I switched to the HTML5 and it looks crisp and nice... BUT.. big BUT!!! that F^&* transition fade, is SOOO bad. and it pretty much what is causing the eye strain others and myself is experiencing. GET RID of the FADE. and keep it the way Flash transitions! I had to switch back and wont touch html5 until that is GONE!