• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Release Notes version 1.79 Feedback

DeletedUser18011

I'm finding the orcs and goblins age a challenge. It took quite a while to get the mushroom farms, rally points and armory at the levels necessary to get a good rate of production but it's still the case that long delays in tech are a problem. At any rate, some of my wonders have leveled up as a result ;)

Risen Malchiah

I'm finding the orcs and goblins age a challenge. It took quite a while to get the mushroom farms, rally points and armory at the levels necessary to get a good rate of production but it's still the case that long delays in tech are a problem. At any rate, some of my wonders have leveled up as a result ;)
Don't underestimate how many mushroom farms you need. Too often people just build a dozen when you really need ~30 farms. Build more farms towards the beginning, then sell off a few to fit in more rally points towards the end.

A major factor is managing your available space. Orcs is a great chapter to ditch outdated culture buildings. Anything that's pure culture from more than a chapter ago should go, especially since you'll be replacing them anyway with mana-producing buildings in Woodelves. Some people even go so far as to dip into negative culture after the residences and factories have been upgraded. (But with events happening all the time now though, I no longer recommend going negative.)

A final solution is portal profits. They are a tremendous time saver in orcs, especially after your portal is level 4 to maximize their efficiency. You should be able to pick up a few in the Solstice event and from crafting.

Read Elvengems' orc walkthrough if you haven't already done so: https://www.gamersgemsofknowledge.com/orcs-goblins-chapter-viii

Deleted User - 3932582

Too often people just build a dozen when you really need ~30 farms.
I don't know, I finished Orcs with ~70 farms (and 5 rally points), and that was barely enough to avoid tech lock ;)

"Need" depends on how fast you want to go (or rather how slow is acceptable). You can do it with a dozen of farms. It will just take a really - really - long time...

Risen Malchiah

I don't know, I finished Orcs with ~70 farms (and 5 rally points), and that was barely enough to avoid tech lock ;)

"Need" depends on how fast you want to go (or rather how slow is acceptable). You can do it with a dozen of farms. It will just take a really - really - long time...
Certainly if you have KP-producing event buildings or do the tourney regularly, you will either need more farms or portal profits. 70 might be overkill but if you despise being tech-locked like I do, you could go that way. My most recent city that went through orcs managed with around 30, none of which were leveled all the way, but I used portal profits fairly liberally each time the KP was filled.

Deleted User - 3932582

Certainly if you have KP-producing event buildings or do the tourney regularly, you will either need more farms or portal profits. 70 might be overkill but if you despise being tech-locked like I do, you could go that way. My most recent city that went through orcs managed with around 30, none of which were leveled all the way, but I used portal profits fairly liberally each time the KP was filled.
But that was my point, 70 is not necessarily an overkill - it would be if farms idled for 5 days at the chapter end because there was overproduction. But in my case, that was barely sufficient. Now, I never upgraded them past L2 as later upgrades are just not efficient if you can afford extra space. And indeed I probably had higher KP production than most people at this point (3.6K points in tournaments -> ~60KP/day on average). I didn't have any material amounts of PP back then, so that wasn't an option.

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
I went at a slower speed with orcs and just upgraded my wonders when tec locked. It is meant to take a while that is its challenge. I went through all the other chapters too fast and ended up sitting at the end doing nothing waiting elementals for a couple months (I pretty much quit playing for 4 months). I have since learned that slow and steady is a much better pace.