• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Release notes version 1.8

DeletedUser51

Dear Humans and Elves (and Dwarves and Fairies),

Please use this thread to share your thoughts on the changes that come with the update to version 1.8.
We are looking forward to your feedback!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

DeletedUser43

What is going on with these enemies????? The AI is a turncoat and is doing all it can to kill us. The server goes down after we all had to set our alarms to get 3 hours sleep. I cant SEE the victory screen!!!!!! NOT ALL OF US ARE 22 YEARS OLD.

You pull all this during the tournament????? BULL Puckey!!!!!! This isn't cool at all!!!!

You invented this stupid stupid stupid 16 hour garbage where we have to walk around EXHAUSTED all the damn time and then you pull this on top of it????

I flipping HATE being tired. Being tired for no reason????

Seriously....I am not kidding about the victory screen. IT IS TINY AS HELL!! The whole screen has tons of area and you want to make it so anyone over 50 can't see it?? My entire fellowship (sans one) is OVER 50!!!

You can't keep making these enemy troops we face stronger and stronger. This isn't fair. They ARE on steroids!!!

YOU CANNOT HAVE UPDATES DURING THE TOURNAMENTS!!!! YOU CANNOT HAVE UPDATES DURING THE TOURNAMENTS!!!! YOU CANNOT HAVE UPDATES DURING THE TOURNAMENTS!!!!!!

Do they even realize how little sleep we get during these things????? They make us exhausted, cranky as hell, and then just for fun mess with us during these times? Are you all sadistic??? WTH???

I always took down a squad of priests with one blow from a sorc III. Now it takes two.

Why are the enemy paladins wearing kevlar? Seriously? Why?

And are the priests drinking Jesus juice this morning? They won't go down. They are stronger than the Priest IIs.

wow, an axeman, a normal axeman, with a sorceress spell on it.. killed 6!!! sorceresses.. wtf.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser43

Posts were merged and a warning for multi-posting was issued.
They know about that Elven Ivory. It is a known bug. Why do we even HAVE a beta if you are just going to bring all the bugs over here that we tell you about there?????

And they brought over the bug where everyone you visit shows the same ranking as you have.

Autofight is a joke right now. Want to lose entire squads? Use AI! Want to lose 20 sorc IIIs? Just let the AI try to finish off that last enemy.

So....you screw us out of time due to updating and now you make it so the AI is double agent designed to kill as many of our troops as possible? Our only choice is to manually fight?

They really are sadistic.

DeletedUser551

Please avoid multi-posting. Make use of the edit button instead of posting a new reply with no other replies in between. All adjacent posts have been merged, but only one warning was given for multi-posting.

Also, your lack of sleep is your choice entirely, not Inno's whatsoever. I suggest you calm down before further replying to this thread.

DeletedUser1016

I'm glad I sat this tournament out - that's such a raw deal for those participating, I really feel for you BobbyKitty. Even though I'm not playing the steel tournament [not my boost], I thought the same thing this morning when I logged on...."did they really upgrade the game during a tournament?"....And now to hear they changed the dynamics of the autofight in tournament play - I'll need to be more careful when I play the next one.

It would be nice to get some warning of these significant game-play-style changes...Did anyone get a warning that an upgrade was going to happen? I may have missed it, but don't they usually say something to the fact that the server will be down and the game will be unaccessable, or something like that?

Also, your lack of sleep is your choice entirely, not Inno's whatsoever. I suggest you calm down before further replying to this thread.

.....oh come on - no need to get personal here. BobbyKitty is a valuable contributor to this forum!!! The manner and style presented here should be welcomed? Ranting [excuse me please Bobby if that term offends you, I'm actually generalizing], getting passionate, being negative, etc, etc, etc, is a means of communicating. I didn't see any rules of the forum being broken here that required YOUR warning, not to post .....[well, none that I'm aware of, but I haven't read all the rules...lol]

I greatly welcome what BobbyKitty had to offer - it's valuable information that will help me in my future game play, especially during future tournaments...and now to be careful of unannounced upgrades!

I'm not sure if Moderators should get personal though?

I think we might calmly suggest that you consider a bit more carefully before reprimanding a player based on your opinion rather than on forum rules.
....just had to add this to my note - it's so relevant.

DeletedUser594

Sorceress have always been terrible in auto fight. They target one enemy at a time instead of neutralizing the lot of them. I lost 5 once when they had 3 troops left to kill but all 5 went after one golem, apparently with a pillow, and while they tried to wear it down the other two troops just picked all 5 off. That was wayyy back before tournaments and they still fight like that. If choices need to be made you just can't trust the AI.

DeletedUser1016

Hi Varron -
Sorceress have always been terrible in auto fight.

I have to presume you are talking about fighting with sorceress III when opening up new provinces? Because during my last two [2] tournaments, I auto-fought my way through 20 plus provinces [in excess of 160 encounters] and used either 5 granite golems, or 5 sorceress III, or a combination there of depending on the enemies, all using the autofight feature.

I do agree with you when opening new provinces, I hardly ever use autofight, I manually fight each encounter or I negotiate the "impossible ones". I play as an elf, so I do autofight all the Crystal provinces using 5 Treants - this combination has never lost yet....lol

DeletedUser61

They make us exhausted, cranky as hell, and then just for fun mess with us during these times?
There are a couple of important points:
  1. We've had a release every 2nd week for months now. Releases are typically on a Wednesday, and hence they will be predictably right in the middle of a Tournament.
  2. I enjoy Bobbykitty's contributions, and it would be a pity if she ended up hating the game. Burnout is real, and it's serious.
    https://www.psychologytoday.com/blo.../the-tell-tale-signs-burnout-do-you-have-them

Burnout is a state of chronic stress that leads to:
    • physical and emotional exhaustion
    • cynicism and detachment
    • feelings of ineffectiveness and lack of accomplishment

DeletedUser1016

• We've had a release every 2nd week for months now. Releases are typically on a Wednesday, and hence they will be predictably right in the middle of a Tournament.

Still should be announced ahead of time, before the release! Especially to warn new players that don't know the..."2nd week rule".

DeletedUser43

I enjoy Bobbykitty's contributions, and it would be a pity if she ended up hating the game. Burnout is real, and it's serious.
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blo.../the-tell-tale-signs-burnout-do-you-have-them

Thank you so much Katwijk. I appreciate that. This is what Inno is doing to players if they want to succeed. We have said over and over the tournament timing has to be adjusted because otherwise the players will get EXHAUSTED. Well...guess what?

I am flipping exhausted. And Yes...it is INNO's fault!!! Change the dang timing of the tournaments and LET US GET SOME SLEEP and maybe we won't be so CRANKY!!!!

16 hours cooldown with all the time zones in the US is not enough! and then.....to be horrible to us and plop UNANNOUNCED updates in the middle?

Does Inno have any idea what it is doing to its players? Players are staying up until 3am or setting alarms and getting up after 3 hours sleep just to do all they can to hit the upper levels of these tournaments. And then you YELL at them for being tired? Are you kidding me?

*Storming away now!!!!!

DeletedUser627

When BobbyKitty gets on a rant here, I just have to shake my head. In fellowship, she's so calm! Bobs around, encouraging everyone, making peace, keeping everyone going, giving away KP any time there's a little snafu - she's Little Miss Optimistic.

I imagine that, when you're trying to score well in Tournaments (which, as a non-payer, is difficult but mandatory), and you wake up and find your Tournament's chat filled with unhappy members, the Forum is the only place to put all that frustration.

Just imagine what her posts would be like if she were channeling 25 players who were delighted at the magnificent way Inno produces a game and interacts with players? The Forum would be lit up like a lightbulb!

How about an in game message approximately 15 minutes before an upgrade? I was in the middle of a tournament battle when the game went down for the upgrade.

We've had a release every 2nd week for months now. Releases are typically on a Wednesday, and hence they will be predictably right in the middle of a Tournament.

I checked yesterday - as I'm sure many of y'all did - to see if we had any release notes. But we already received the explanation why it wasn't announced - for which the Mods aren't the least responsible. I just wonder why Inno didn't notify them ahead of time?

DeletedUser1016

But we already received the explanation why it wasn't announced - for which the Mods aren't the least responsible.
The link to the explanation is at the top of this threat, the second post by Elfwine...apparently the previous thread regarding this upgrade was started elsewhere, then terminated and continued here. I missed it on my first visit to this thread topic and thought I'd mention it.

DeletedUser627

On the up side:

I love the addition to the Province Encounter pop up - it's nice to know exactly how many rank points we'll gain.

It's good to see the navigation within the Tournament screen working properly.

DeletedUser2442

I also notice the culture spells are now very very hard to see, they seem much lighter/less sparkly :( no one is clicking on them because they don't see them...I can barely tell what I have culture spells on :eek:
I have noticed this as well. What happened?

On a different note:

I noticed an avatar face upon culture items for which players have 'polished.' I like the idea of knowing, at a glance, who has helped me.

Now for inno to help... and this is a truly minor aesthetic issue...

So few avatars are available from which to choose. Several members of a Fellowship have the same avatar. Could quite a number of avatar portraits be created so we can better determine 'at a glance' who has helped? This should be quick, easy and simple to incorporate.

Also the portraits would be more aesthetic, in my opinion, if they were circles, not squares - another quick, easy and simple incorporation.

Other aesthetic issues should be addressed, in my opinion, but as I am rather new the the forum, I know not where to place my suggestions for maximum effect. Any suggestions?