• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Release Notes version 1.86 feedback

Pheryll

Set Designer
Mountain Halls / Aureate Phoenix - Production bonuses for boosted Goods of manufactories are no longer incorrectly applied to Event Buildings.

From the beta thread, this was intended behavior back at the time of harvest buildings (last autumn). A lot of people heard from others the advertising of a special boost to marble from this event due to the buildings of the past.

EDIT: Why am I not seeing this on the Beta notifications, and I am seeing a bug report about this that was confirmed as NOT a bug? Is this in error or is live getting different treatment than on Beta?

Last edited:

Risen Malchiah

Mountain Halls / Aureate Phoenix - Production bonuses for boosted Goods of manufactories are no longer incorrectly applied to Event Buildings.
I don't understand the reasons for taking an already weak Phoenix and making it even weaker. Same with the Mountain Halls which is already deceptive by implying it's a much bigger boost than it really is. Making these weaker months (or years) after their release doesn't make much sense.

Culture bonus applies to event buildings that produce coins and supplies. Why shouldn't Mountain Halls apply to event buildings that produce a player's boosted goods?

Edit: Just to add, I don't own either of these buildings as I already feel they're too weak as is.

Last edited:

Pheryll

Set Designer
Culture bonus applies to event buildings that produce coins and supplies. Why shouldn't Mountain Halls apply to event buildings that produce a player's boosted goods?

This boost was implemented in a very unusual way. The only event buildings affected were from the Harvest event, the Jester's tavern from the Carnival, and the Mermaid's Paradise from this event. (On Beta there are additional buildings from the spire set, I am not sure whether or not the boost from the Time Warp wonder for sentient production comes into play). The bonuses from Mountain Halls and the Aureate needed to be applied to a building whose base production matched your boosted relic (most event buildings that have goods production as a base make it T+1 and thus it never corresponds to your relics). On top of that any bonus to the base of the same material also was boosted by the MH and Aureate, even though bonus good productions in general were not boosted. I am posting below an image of the Harvest Storage, a popular building that one could collect many of to show how much of an advantage this bonus is. (This image was posted in the bug report as an example).
index.php

Last edited:

Risen Malchiah

@Pheryll Indeed, that is a much bigger boost than I was envisioning. My experience with Mountain Halls was a piddly little amount that was rather inconsequential. For some reason, the Mountain Halls appears to be applying its boost far above just a percentage of the base like it does with factories. If it was just applied to the 5300 base, I'd have no problem with that.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
@Pheryll Indeed, that is a much bigger boost than I was envisioning. My experience with Mountain Halls was a piddly little amount that was rather inconsequential. For some reason, the Mountain Halls appears to be applying its boost far above just a percentage of the base like it does with factories. If it was just applied to the 5300 base, I'd have no problem with that.

For the Paradise, the MH is only applying it's bonus to the base amount, just like it does for my marble factories. The Paradise is also not a set building, with all the extra goods from the linked buildings. If they do this, they should leave the Paradise alone and change those set pieces to only get the bonus from the base amount, the way it probably should be. In the image above, the MH and Aureate bonus should only be calculated using the base 5300 steel and not include the 15,900 link bonus. Then it would be more balanced.

Pheryll

Set Designer
But the main question in implementation, is why are only 7 different buildings able to benefit, and only by those of matching relic types? If you do not have boosts in crystal or elixir, none of these buildings will grant the MH and aureate bonus for your tier 2 and 3 productions. Also the event buildings are designed to be competitive with boosted manufactory productions. The MH and aureate bonuses are dwarfed by the 700% relic bonus added on, so that the MH can add at most 20% to the total manufactory production once all relics have been collected. With regards to event buildings, the MH adds at most 160% (more if identical boosts are present), which is much higher since it is not dwarfed by the relic bonus.

Basically we have 7 buildings that may never be offered again that provide a very strange synergy affecting only certain players.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
is this effecting producting amounts?
I don't think so, sputnik. Just a problem with the display I believe. I just collected and I'm getting the correct amount of goods. Also, if you open a factory while it's in production and hover over the goods boost icon in the center, you get a pop-up showing the amount of goods for the boost from relics. Mine looks about right.
@Enevhar Aldarion
I didn't think to check the app, and it's my bedtime, so I'll check there in the morning when I do visits, lol!

DeletedUser20951

Have no idea if the update caused this or if it's always been this way for boosting Wonders (I admit to not paying close attention to what happens when I level my Mountain Halls), but I just noticed behavior that sure appears to be a bug. Built the Blooming Trader Guild a couple days ago and am currently in the process of upgrading it:
Blooming Trader Guild.jpg
And my Portal still shows the six percent boost I should be receiving:
Orc Portal.jpg
But the bonus isn't being applied to my little Mushroom Farms:
Mushroom Farm.jpg
I don't really care that much since it's a very minor issue, but I am curious as to whether this is normal and had so far escaped my notice.

Pheryll

Set Designer
Have no idea if the update caused this or if it's always been this way for boosting Wonders (I admit to not paying close attention to what happens when I level my Mountain Halls), but I just noticed behavior that sure appears to be a bug. Built the Blooming Trader Guild a couple days ago and am currently in the process of upgrading it:

I don't really care that much since it's a very minor issue, but I am curious as to whether this is normal and had so far escaped my notice.

Look at your inventory before and after collection. There have been display bugs before where the amount reported does not match the actual amount collected.

DeletedUser20951

Look at your inventory before and after collection. There have been display bugs before where the amount reported does not match the actual amount collected.
Aye, I'm gonna check tha- Wait, I'll check it if I'm still up to collect the shrooms before the upgrade finishes. I assume it'll change to the correct info/application then, as it was before the upgrade began. No, I think I now want to know enough to waste a timer to boost a farm to finish production and find out what I get during the leveling; doubt I'll be awake in four more hours (hopefully not, anyway).

Additional Note that May Be Relevant: It's doing the same thing in both of my cities, which I use different browsers for and sync between the two what I do down to almost everything, including Wonder upgrades.

Result: Graphical, it is! When clicking to collect, the hundred and forty base was shown, but a hundred and forty-nine was added to total supply.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser16929

I don't think so, sputnik. Just a problem with the display I believe. I just collected and I'm getting the correct amount of goods. Also, if you open a factory while it's in production and hover over the goods boost icon in the center, you get a pop-up showing the amount of goods for the boost from relics. Mine looks about right.
@Enevhar Aldarion
I didn't think to check the app, and it's my bedtime, so I'll check there in the morning when I do visits, lol!
thank you sami
you are very awesome! :):):D:D:p:D:D:):)