• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Release Notes version 1.89 Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4194
  • Start date

Alistaire

Maybe she thought answering the same question twice was sufficient.

And what's the big deal anyway?
Knowing where it is doesn't mean you'll get it.
I've played every spire at least into the third tier and I have yet yo get a dwarven armorer.
Although I've gotten three teleports which I have thought of no good use for.
You just seem to be a bit over dramatic about this one little issue.
It's completely not the same question though. Knowing where it is means you can hold off doing that fight till it's implemented. And knowing that's been a problem with their timing the point was you could announce where it is, so that people will know they can hold off that fight till the update.

Alistaire

Now we know. If you completed the first stage all the way to the top, you missed out on a 10% chance of getting a magic residence.
Or a cumulative 80% if someone did them on all worlds. And even at 10% my point still stands.

edit: or another way to look at it, for every 10 people who didn't wait someone missed out, because Inno didn't do this one easy thing.

Last edited:

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Or a cumulative 80% if someone did them on all worlds. And even at 10% my point still stands.

edit: or another way to look at it, for every 10 people who didn't wait someone missed out, because Inno didn't do this one easy thing.
  • It's not cumulative. It's 8 separate 10% chances. If it were cumulative, then there's a cumulative 710% chance you'd have gotten exactly the same thing today as you did yesterday.
  • Nobody missed out on a prize, the game offered a different prize on Sunday for that 10% chance than it does today. Games often offer different prizes on different days.
The lesson being, they shouldn't pre-announce new features? Then people get the prize they get until they get a different prize.

Pheryll

Set Designer
  • Nobody missed out on a prize, the game offered a different prize on Sunday for that 10% chance than it does today. Games often offer different prizes on different days.

The teleport spell and the Magic residence addition displaced gum trees and mana plants, which might be quite useful for anyone going for a super set. The gum tree, in particular, is a decent sentient good producer for its size.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
The teleport spell and the Magic residence addition displaced gum trees and mana plants, which might be quite useful for anyone going for a super set. The gum tree, in particular, is a decent sentient good producer for its size.
Yes?

Yesterday that range got you something different than it gets you today. Anyone who did the first leg of the spire yesterday had that particular 10% chance dedicated a useful prize. Today, they have that particular 10% chance dedicated to a different useful prize. And they still have a 90% chance of getting a different prize.

Alistaire

The lesson being, they shouldn't pre-announce new features? Then people get the prize they get until they get a different prize.
I think you're really overthinking this. My point is the opposite; they should announce new features (of course) but they should (as they did with teleport) announce where the 1st chance is so people can plan accordingly. (or start putting out updates to spire the day spire starts, but I can see that being impractical)

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I think you're really overthinking this. My point is the opposite; they should announce new features (of course) but they should (as they did with teleport) announce where the 1st chance is so people can plan accordingly. (or start putting out updates to spire the day spire starts, but I can see that being impractical)
And I think you're under thinking it.

They told us when they were changing the prizes (Monday) and what they were doing, they didn't have to do that at all. It only affects people who play the spire, and only those who get all the way to the top of at least one stage, and only if they get all the way to the top of at least on stage on the one particular day, yesterday, and only if they rolled a number from x to x+10 /100. It isn't a new thing, magic buildings have been in the game all along. It isn't even new for the Spire, the original implementation on Beta induced magic buildings as prizes but they had to yank them because it broke the game. All it is is putting back a feature from before.

Meanwhile the risk: if they specify a time and can't meet it, people will get mad at them and threaten to rage quit. If they add them and then it turns out that (like last time they added magic buildings as prizes), it causes problems because the buildings are different for Elves vs Humans and they have to roll it back, they get people upset and threatening to rage quit.

Worrying about it is pretty much a text-book definition of 1st world problems.

Alistaire

They told us when they were changing the prizes (Monday) and what they were doing, they didn't have to do that at all...
Sure they didn't have to, but they have before and it was nice that they did. I'm just asking them to be nice going forward. It's not that big a deal but the pushback against this is even more silly. As for that "risk" as long as people know in advance, they can decide if waiting is feasible for them. And they can make that decision not in the dark about it.

...and as for "1st world problems" this is a forum about a fantasy browser game. If there's any post that isn't "1st world problems" it probably shouldn't be here.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
...and as for "1st world problems" this is a forum about a fantasy browser game. If there's any post that isn't "1st world problems" it probably shouldn't be here.
I was trying to avoid using the word "whining" because I feel like I've overused it lately.
As for that "risk" as long as people know in advance, they can decide if waiting is feasible for them.
It appears you may have missed my point. The risk I referred to lies with the developers, in how many support tickets will be generated. Sometimes giving players more information is a bad thing, regardless of what they decide to do with it.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
i will not say what i'm thinking
it wouldn't be good
but gods he's annoying

Arkadia

@mucksterme lol u crack me up... but breath plz ;):D:p

• Magic Workshops and Magic Residences have been added as rewards for the Spire of Eternity. They can be won by finishing some of the many encounters in the Spire.

got one yesterday! :cool::D