• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Release notes version 1.9

DeletedUser1390

Of course the tournament points are important! My point is that those points aren't going away, you're still earning them, and will get credit for them - that won't change just because the display is wrong at the moment. When the display is fixed, your points will be there.

And seeing the score doesn't really affect the strategy, you still just get as many provinces as you can. Although, I guess if you're really hardcore competitive and base how much you do on your score relative to others', then yes, it's annoying not to see the running scores correctly.

DeletedUser594

I see we had a score change with the update and the AW's have bumped some scores. I forgot to get my pre and post- update scores and can't compare the two. I do however notice that adding 5 Kp's to my or another players AW does not change their or my score on a 1:1 basis (not at all actually) and so I am wondering if the relationship of Kp's to score is not 1:1, or if the points are not tacked on until the building upgrades, or is there some other reason I'm not seeing score change as I place points for my self and others?

DeletedUser2453

Dear Humans and Elves (and Dwarves and Fairies),

Please use this thread to share your thoughts on the changes that come with the update to version 1.9.
We are looking forward to your feedback!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

OK, Ancient wonders are what they are, but hey, how about some loyalty to players who have invested time, effort and often times REAL MONEY. Now I realize that is a choice, but me personally I have plenty invested and hundreds of hours logged in one world... I have spend a lot of time and effort to get provinces, which now puts me ( and other more advanced players) at a severe disadvantage, as the provinces become harder and harder to get, and cost more and more, so we cannot go back and get RUNES from the ones we already did. Not only that but I keep getting runes for Wonders I ALREADY have, ridiculous. And one more thought, HOW ABOUT SOME SPACE TO BUILD ALL THIS STUFF????? Please stop adding stuff, consider the consequences more, and be a little more thoughtful of those who have spent so much time playing the game...

DeletedUser61

be a little more thoughtful of those who have spent so much time playing the game
So you would prefer to penalize those of us who have been intentionally allowing enough margin for growth?

DeletedUser43

How does it penalize you if Manthor gets what Manthor paid for? How insanely selfish that the only way you can do well is if you hold others back.

And fyi...you aren't the turtle in this little parable, you are the rock by the side of the road that never did a thing. You didn't scout, you didn't clear provinces, you didn't give all your neighbors help each day. You did nothing and now you don't want to be penalized because you were sitting there staring at the wall all this time, no you want to vault over others while you smash their face in the mud. In fact, you are more like the grasshopper who just wanted to flit around and leave the real business of growing this game to everyone else. You didn't produce goods to help your neighbors, you didn't raise your score to help your fellowship. You wanted to play..and dance...and now you want to raid the cupboards of everyone who worked their tail off all winter. You want to take all their stuff for yourself.

Look, I don't care how you run your city, but you are so out of line attacking Manthor for being the productive one this whole time.

Manthor is 100% correct and should be owed some loyalty for being here and helping this game get on its feet. Certainly, Manthor shouldn't be harmed for that!

DeletedUser61

should be owed some loyalty for being here and helping this game get on its feet
You're fond of quoting retail examples, so take a look at Short Term Profits vs. Long Term Value in
https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...7ebc3a-e57b-11e1-936a-b801f1abab19_story.html

Or, if you prefer, it's unwise to sprint during the first 5 miles of a marathon.
consider the consequences more
Yeah - you should.

I have very little sympathy for the folks who rush to the end of the game, and then complain that they're blocked.

DeletedUser43

I have very little sympathy for the folks who rush to the end of the game, and then complain that they're blocked.

But you have plenty of antipathy! Manthor doesn't need sympathy. Manthor needs loyalty. Do you need a dictionary for that word? Or are you suggesting that Manthor and the rest of us should have known a year ago that Ancient Wonders were coming and planned accordingly? The only way to plan that was not to play the game at all and not support other players. But then, if we all followed your playing style and spoke to people in the forums the way you do, this game wouldn't be here. You don't owe Manthor or any of the big players any sympathy, you owe them gratitude. They keep this game going. They give neighborly help to the newbies who stay because they are kind. They help young players get on their feet and not get bored and leave. They help out people with kind responses on the forums. And they especially don't attack anyone else in the forums for their playing style. You are rude to everyone and it is shame that none of the mods ever call you on it. Goodness knows how many customers you have run off this game.

It would be nice if there was someone from the company to speak up to you so I wouldn't have to, but Manthor doesn't deserve that treatment and someone has to say something! Twice now you have spit in the face of an obviously long term player.

Please stop hijacking this thread. This is supposed to be a thread about a new update, is is not here for your amusement to attack other players.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser61

at a severe disadvantage, as the provinces become harder and harder to get, and cost more and more, so we cannot go back
Which was totally obvious from day one. I've paced my acquisition of sectors, I'm comfortably Auto-Fighting my way past all of the Advanced Scouting Chests, and I have expansions available that I don't even need.

HOW QUICKLY you're burning through the available resources is just one more restraint that has to be part of your long-term strategy.

DeletedUser1036

Update going on right now maybe they will fix some of the last update issues such as tourney scores?

Nope but there are now the 4 quest's on the left and a new contest

DeletedUser3207

Can someone explain 'The Contest' to me? It says I have 9 days and 8 hours to complete 17 'Contest' Quests but I have no idea what that is.

DeletedUser61

It's a stalking horse for Special Event quest lines.

There's not really a "reason" for this contest, it's just a dress rehearsal.

DeletedUser3207

Can someone explain 'The Contest' to me? It says I have 9 days and 8 hours to complete 17 'Contest' Quests but I have no idea what that is.
There are 17 quests to complete 'The Contest' and so far I have seen:
Make 10 Beverages
Spend 3 Knowledge Points
Train 30 Units
Buy 3 Knowledge Points
Scout a Province

I'll update more as I can, feel free to add what I have not gotten to yet.

DeletedUser1016

Thanks for posting those...good to know about scout a province beforehand - that can take folks days!

DeletedUser43

I have no clue what the quests will be over here, but these were the quests that someone posted on beta. They were talking about the time it takes to produce each of them, so it may not make that much sense out of context, but I think you can get the general idea:

Quest 1 .2.3.4. 1 hour
Quest 5. scout a province arround 3 days or more big players
Quest 6 produce spell 13 hour if you have mickeys academy
Quest 7 produce advanced tools 10 times 3 hour if you have 10 workshops lets say we have 8 ((6 hour))
Quest 8 Complete 2 provinces or spend 20 kp say 10 hours if not buying
Quest 9 produce 6 wooden figurins (steel marble) 3 hours production
Quest 10 spend 20 kp again ??? 20 hours or buy
Quest 11 produce power of provision spell 2 times 26 hours
Quest 12 scout 3 provinces or make 3 power of provision spells 39 hours
Quest 13 workshop 40 times 15 minutes so lets say 1 hour
Quest 14 produce 6 (steel wood marble)24 hours production
Quest 15 produce 100 beverages 1 hour
Quest 16 uprade 4 buildings to level 5 or higher Tier 1 wood steel marble lets say max 3 hour
Quest 17 make 700 troops say 6 hours

DeletedUser2191

I know, luckily I started one this morning.

If you started that scout before we got this unannounced maintenance, hopefully it will complete the contest part. Otherwise that is going to mean sending out another scout. Not too bad if you have short scout times, but if you have 2 day plus scout times for a single province ouch!!!