• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Release notes version 1.9

DeletedUser43

Here is a post from a player on beta that you might want to consider:

"Just noticed that the related runes were not awarded, probably because I didn't unlock the wonder yet!
In the past it possible to earn the runes for wonders not yet unlocked!
So a whole silly questline for nothing..."

I don't know if that will apply here, but is something you should consider.

DeletedUser3207

I have no clue what the quests will be over here, but these were the quests that someone posted on beta. They were talking about the time it takes to produce each of them, so it may not make that much sense out of context, but I think you can get the general idea:

Quest 1 .2.3.4. 1 hour
Quest 5. scout a province arround 3 days or more big players
Quest 6 produce spell 13 hour if you have mickeys academy
Quest 7 produce advanced tools 10 times 3 hour if you have 10 workshops lets say we have 8 ((6 hour))
Quest 8 Complete 2 provinces or spend 20 kp say 10 hours if not buying
Quest 9 produce 6 wooden figurins (steel marble) 3 hours production
Quest 10 spend 20 kp again ??? 20 hours or buy
Quest 11 produce power of provision spell 2 times 26 hours
Quest 12 scout 3 provinces or make 3 power of provision spells 39 hours
Quest 13 workshop 40 times 15 minutes so lets say 1 hour
Quest 14 produce 6 (steel wood marble)24 hours production
Quest 15 produce 100 beverages 1 hour
Quest 16 uprade 4 buildings to level 5 or higher Tier 1 wood steel marble lets say max 3 hour
Quest 17 make 700 troops say 6 hours

My Quest 9 is to produce 6 Precious Rings, Steel is my production boost, I wonder if Quest 9 varies by that?

DeletedUser1621

What was included in the patch released this morning that bumped me out of game?

DeletedUser2753

I noticed it myself, and with refresh read at the bottom a new 7/15 9:55 date and time. Have no idea what they fixed, maybe #17 of the Contest

Update: No looks like they released a bug.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser61

On the Beta server there was a hotfix that blocked an exploit that could overproduce Goods, maybe it's related to that.

DeletedUser2753

Have you not noticed customers are QA. Lucky this is a game component not a Takata airbag

DeletedUser61

Have you not noticed customers are QA
How many change orders did you have for the last building that you designed?

I'll bet there were even a few "hot fixes," and THOSE drawing had your stamp on them,
thereby indicating that you were liable for any Errors & Omissions.

DeletedUser2753

How many change orders did you have for the last building that you designed?
Quite a few but in 33 years never had a single claim for Errors and Omissions though I payed dearly for Liability Insurance all those plus a few years.

Also note that all change orders were completed before the delivery of the building to users. In this case we can only compare Fast-track construction to software development were construction starts before the final drawings are completed, but in this case also all but minor punch list items are resolved before delivery to the end user.

Note that building contract documents including specs are nothing like what is given to any software development team. Strict waterfall development was not natural for the industry and went out of fashion a decade ago.

This is Agile software development which is more fluid. Final requirements are admittedly not fully understood when the first release is made, and continue to evolve, thus the requirement for a customer feedback loop and daily team coordination is highly valued, ie: the scrum.

It is like designing a buildings HVAC system when 1/2 the plumbing is installed but the second half is not known. Software development is not easy and is almost always late, and over budget.

Now that said; It is clear we have issues here, large ones, from "Coming Soon" to the latest "patch/fix/ "oops Sorry" That one is more like installing toilets for a thousand end users to use and finding out only after it is backing up because the end of the sewer pipe was caped by the contractor (developer) while trying to complete a change order to replace a faulty ATM machine. I doubt it was stated in the change order/"Hotfix" cap the public toilets in the stadium during a tournament. This is not a design issue but an OPPS not caught during hot fix testing by QA.

But who would test the toilets after a replacement of a bad ATM? A well managed development team with automated testing.

PS: You appear to have an inside track on the processes inside Innogames. How is that?

DeletedUser61

all change orders were completed before the delivery of the building to users
Unless you were the prime contractor the users were NOT your customer. If you want build something particular you need to talk to an Architect, of course, not a contractor. (I'll ignore Design/Build contracts.)

But as far as the client is concerned the Architectural deliverable is the pretty renderings, and they mean whatever you say they mean. The Contractor and Subcontractors are at your mercy.

I wore two hats. Supply Chain issues and Low Voltage Systems, especially for Courthouses and Detention facilities, so I know a thing or two about wringing out the bugs before the guards and detainees have an opportunity to make you look like a fool.

I always hated cost plus contracts, because you have to fight scope creep in every meeting and it's impossible to do better than expected.
You appear to have an inside track
Google was invented for my convenience, and I know where to look.
A well managed development team with automated testing.
Something along the lines of https://blog.innogames.com/innogames-qa-solution-for-cocos2dx-applications ?

Another article that's more general, but equally applicable, is at http://www.cbsnews.com/news/management-lesson-dont-let-the-tail-wag-the-dog/

DeletedUser1621

This is not an accusation, but rather an observation. Interesting coincidence that the final task of the contest was modified from the beta release of building 700 troops or completion of 4 provinces to the much simpler task of building Advanced Tools 3 times or completion of 4 provinces, just before a software issue is/was discovered for the reliable building of troops in the barracks.

DeletedUser43

AoD...on the beta server you can see instance after instance of customers complaining about some new gaming feature and they have nearly all been shouted off the forums. You even get warnings if you complain too much. As a result, hardly anyone bothers to even comment on the beta server any more. Everyone I know over there says the same thing "oh, I never go to the forum. There is no point."

DeletedUser61

building Advanced Tools 3 times
As I recall the final task involved GOODS rather than troops, and it was gimped because the developers were still chasing a know bug with off-line completions that were not triggering goods.

The July Contest was obviously pretty ragged but the REASON it was ragged was that it trampled on several endemic bugs that have been eating on us for a while. So NOW maybe those bugs will get some proper attention.

The Contest itself, bugs aside, was pretty well designed.

DeletedUser1016

When I just logged on I received a message stating that the bug with the barracks and magic academy is fixed. When I harvested my troops I DID get ALL my troops, not just the first set.