• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Release Notes version 1.92 Feedback

DeletedUser19458

But are they compatible with the browser version of messaging? Their layouts are different, so it worries me that this will only enable messaging between players who are mobile-only and messages sent from the browser version will still not be seen by mobile players.
A number of things on mobile look/act different, but still integrate just fine (e.g. trader, dancing swords, etc. ). It would be more work for Inno keeping them seperate, having to then manage 2 storage systems. I can't see them being that short-sighted.

Alistaire

@Fairy Dust Can we get an official confirmation of this? The tourney last week was still way out of whack with what it should be, both in early chapter worlds and my main, so this doesn't sound right at all.
@Fairy Dust It's been 3 days now. Is there a problem getting them to post an official statement about this? Are they still calculating what kind of compensation to give out over it?

DeletedUser4194

@Fairy Dust It's been 3 days now. Is there a problem getting them to post an official statement about this? Are they still calculating what kind of compensation to give out over it?

So sorry, I kept missing this post. This was indeed resolved expediently. As soon as this issue had been reported, our Development team started to work on it, and instead of waiting for the next update it was fixed right away. This was done through a 'hotfix'. Generally these quick fixes are not announced like releases or updates are.

Risen Malchiah

@Fairy Dust While I understand that announcing every hotfix might not be worth it, this was a major one that people were eagerly waiting for, sometimes even holding off using troop buffs until hearing the issue was resolved. In this particular case, announcing it was resolved would have been extremely useful.

We have an in-game news bulletin for a reason. PLEASE pass on to the development team that we'd like to see it USED for noteworthy changes to the game.

DeletedUser4194

No need for bold and all caps characters. Suggestions are always welcome, of course.

Alistaire

No need for bold and all caps characters. Suggestions are always welcome, of course.
Yeah, bold "shouting" aside, you see this was a terrible idea right? (to not announce the fix) Plenty of people were holding back on tourney because of this bug. So basically you took a bug that messed up 1 tourney in particular and made it so the next one was as messed up too, because people were waiting on this announcement.

Also it kind of comes across as sweeping it under the rug. A lot of people I talk with on several worlds are still expecting some form of compensation over this. I suggested a blueprint (cause that's tourney's endgame, and giving people one of those might even get them more interested in tourneys now that there's more to do with those), but that was for the bugged tourney, and I don't even know what you could offer as an apology for people missing another week's worth of tourney stuff because they thought a bug still wasn't fixed yet.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
People sure are getting worked up about this issue. It was not officially announced in-game as a problem needing to be fixed, nor officially announced as a bug on most of the forums. If someone from Beta had not brought the info to the other forums, we would have never known anything was being buggy/glitchy. So not having an official announcement at the time this was corrected, does not surprise me at all. And after all, if the folks who work on this stuff do not give the Mods on the forums the information, then there is nothing for them to share with us to begin with. As for compensation, the only players who may actually deserve anything are the ones who spent diamonds during these glitchy tournaments and Spire runs. For everyone else, it would be lucky if Inno even gave out some Supply and Time Instants to cover the cost of the lost troops and the time to make them. They don't care about any buildings used that players may have crafted or won from the Spire. That stuff is free, after all.

Risen Malchiah

When suggestions are made and ignored; when requests for information from moderators and/or developers falls on deaf ears, then bold or caps is really all I have left. The communication has been lacking for a very long time and I'd argue is far more of an issue than any other problems. At least with proper communication, players would understand the developers' design decisions and much of the negative feedback lately could have been minimized. Take the change in the workshop and factory requirements, for instance. A lot of the negative feedback was about not being properly informed of this change ahead of time, and yet when players voiced their concern regarding this, the only response we got was "we dont release information ahead of time." That is precisely the problem. (It's not like we were asking for quest details or anything.) A simple in-game news bulletin suggesting we get our factories upgraded before the next event would have been sufficient. Likewise, an in-game news bulletin announcing the tournament bug has been fixed would have been greatly appreciated. (And it would make your hard work as a moderator much easier. You wouldn't have to deal with angry players as often. Win-win.) :)

Edit: The problem extends to the live Q&As, which I always love and continue to watch. But unfortunately a lot of the Q&As can be summed up like this:
- Player asks an interesting question.
- Developer giggles, acts coy and says "Well *something* is coming, tee-hee, but we can't say anything." :rolleyes:

Last edited: